On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Cowboys will lose Sunday, won't be Romo's fault, but he will take blame from media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#41 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

No it's not so much we hate him, but over the years, when people point out mistakes, they would get labelled. And then the back and forth would start. Of course, I am not counting the trolls that come here to do their drive-by BS, but actual posting members. I was saying back in '08, Romo had to work on protecting the ball. I got labelled because I used the Cards game ('08 I believe) when he had over 400 yards passing. or was it 500? He turned the ball over 3 times in the first Q.

To say that people have a lack of understanding of football can be used both ways. Protecting the ball is very important, so I was saying how Romo should be holding the ball chest high, both hands, instead of holding the ball at his waist. That's a pretty basic concept.

Bos, I wasn't speaking of you, as I have great respect for the vast majority of your posts. I understand your point and agree for the most part, but Romo has come so far, considering he was undrafted and from a tiny school. I just grow weary from all the venom that he unfairly receives. I understand that QBs get too much credit and too much blame, especially so for the QB of the Dallas Cowboys, but some of this "He's too Hollywood" crap needs to be put to rest.

KINDA LIKE MY MORNING CONSTITUTIONAL....SPLASH!

#42 8822

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

lol, the Giants got into the 2011 playoffs because of their 25th ranked in points allowed, 27 ranked in yards allowed defense? A defense that allowed 25 points per game? With a running game that was 32nd (dead last) in the NFL? And here I was thinking it was because Eli passed for almost 5k yards and the team stopped committing turnovers.

obviously you arent all that familiar with actual facts. the defense got healthy and hot starting with the last two games of the regular season, as did the running game. which was much better in the playoffs than it was in the regular season. i live in nyc and actually watch giants games.

#43 bosd

bosd

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Bos, I wasn't speaking of you, as I have great respect for the vast majority of your posts. I understand your point and agree for the most part, but Romo has come so far, considering he was undrafted and from a tiny school. I just grow weary from all the venom that he unfairly receives. I understand that QBs get too much credit and too much blame, especially so for the QB of the Dallas Cowboys, but some of this "He's too Hollywood" crap needs to be put to rest.

I agree Romo has made immense strides over his career, but my point was that when people start labeling other posters because they pointed out pretty basic flaws to his game, it doesn't help either. I agree with you that there are way too many over-reactional people after a loss and I do see some of the preposterous posts about how it was all Romo's fault. But when people start labeling other people based on their views, well why throw the first stone? both sides.

So my point is that while many who criticize Romo may actually not hate the guy, the people defending him may be the reason why he is disliked, for lack of a better term.

Hell I recall Coog getting labelled this and that because he misworded something/or people took it out of context when said he "hoped' that the Cowboys lost or something. Now, I see posts saying it may be a good thing for us to lose, and a few posts by the same people who called him out. What gives. Do they not like the Cowboys now? Should they be labelled haters?

To Coog: Sorry for bringing that up, but that was just plain wrong what happened after you expressed your views.

Kaneh-Bosm

#44 Original fan since 1975

Original fan since 1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,135 posts
  • LocationThe Jersey Shore

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Romo already has fans making excuses for his mistakes, even before the game starts!!!....lmbo

"If we lose this game, it will not be Romo' fault." That is the epitome of Romo Homer comments...

Geeeez.....you still haven't gotten any smarter?

#45 bosd

bosd

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Who is the final arbiter of fandom?

Kaneh-Bosm

#46 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,677 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Dang won't be the first time romo got the heat put on him so what, we ALL have to play well not just romo all of us!!

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#47 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,677 posts

Geeeez.....you still haven't gotten any smarter?

HEY HEY HEY SAVE THE BASHING FOR ME!!!!

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#48 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,677 posts

Who is the final arbiter of fandom?

say it in english?

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#49 uvaballa

uvaballa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

obviously you arent all that familiar with actual facts. the defense got healthy and hot starting with the last two games of the regular season, as did the running game. which was much better in the playoffs than it was in the regular season. i live in nyc and actually watch giants games.

The Giants averaged 25+ points in the playoffs last year so give Eli and company their credit. Cruz and Eli were pretty much unstoppable and that pass to Mario in the SB was a thing of beauty. Also I believe Eli lead the Giants to 14 4th quarter points in their first SB against the Pats. Why would the D get credit for that?

Everyone goes crazy on here when our offense waits until the 4th quarter and scores 14+ points. I never hear the D getting credit.

i08jXDp.jpg

The last 5 drafts the Cowboys have only drafted 2 DL before the 7th round.

#50 The Bold

The Bold

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Everybody knows Romo is the only reason we have WON lately

Trading D-Ware for Draft Picks Before Ware's Shoulder/Stinger Crater Ware's trade value will be the headline If We LOSE!

Trading D-Ware for picks and Drafting for the Trenches in 2013 will be the Top Off Season Topics! (check my twitter feed)

I am just glad Romo will take the field with these losers cause I SURE WOULDN'T

Count on Murray's Durability & Reliability being questioned if Murray leaves the game again !!!!

#51 daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,394 posts
  • LocationOxnard

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Read ONLY if you are a Romo lover as I am:

Throughout his 10 seasons in the NFL, Romo has treaded a fine line between being one of the premier qb's in the league and being one of its biggest underachievers. His critics never have forgotten that moment in a '06 playoff game against Seattle when Romo fumbled the snap on an extra point attempt in the rain, costing Dallas a game tying kick in an eventual 21-20 defeat.

That's ancient history. Here's what's happening now. Since Week 9 of this season, Romo has played lights out, completing 66.7 percent of his passes for 17 TD's and 3 interceptions. Over the last 4 games, 3 of them victories, he has 10 scoring passes and only one pick.

Romo finally looks like the qb his fan club always believed he could be. This season, Romo has orchestrated five comebacks or game winning drives in the 4th quarter. He has shown both poise and accuracy while delivering pinpoint passes to multiple receivers such as Witten and Bryant in clutch situations. (and the hater's say he isn't clutch, pffft)

Sunday night will be another defining moment in Romo's career. He can lead Dallas to a playoff securing victory in a hostile environment, or he can add more fuel to the perception that he's not a big time qb who can perform under pressure and win the big game.

The 'boys finally win in D.C.....touche' Romo haters.

tumblr_ms99y28cOJ1qedb29o1_500.gif

#52 JP_Balfour

JP_Balfour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,642 posts
  • LocationMoberly, MO (temporarily)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Read ONLY if you are a Romo lover as I am:

Throughout his 10 seasons in the NFL, Romo has treaded a fine line between being one of the premier qb's in the league and being one of its biggest underachievers. His critics never have forgotten that moment in a '06 playoff game against Seattle when Romo fumbled the snap on an extra point attempt in the rain, costing Dallas a game tying kick in an eventual 21-20 defeat.

That's ancient history. Here's what's happening now. Since Week 9 of this season, Romo has played lights out, completing 66.7 percent of his passes for 17 TD's and 3 interceptions. Over the last 4 games, 3 of them victories, he has 10 scoring passes and only one pick.

Romo finally looks like the qb his fan club always believed he could be. This season, Romo has orchestrated five comebacks or game winning drives in the 4th quarter. He has shown both poise and accuracy while delivering pinpoint passes to multiple receivers such as Witten and Bryant in clutch situations. (and the hater's say he isn't clutch, pffft)

Sunday night will be another defining moment in Romo's career. He can lead Dallas to a playoff securing victory in a hostile environment, or he can add more fuel to the perception that he's not a big time qb who can perform under pressure and win the big game.

The 'boys finally win in D.C.....touche' Romo haters.

man I hope so.....he needs a great game and the D needs to play a good game....a great Romo and a crap defense = Romo in the headlines as the failure....don't want that

3.27.2014....the cowboys have a new fan! 

Ayla Blair Balfour 6p5oz

#53 Garrett4Prez

Garrett4Prez

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

See this is a problem amongst Cowboys fans. Trust me I was exactly like this until I stepped back and really listened to what I was saying. Know what one of the first things out of my mouth was after the loss against NY last year? Well this isnt Romos fault. < Not concerned about this team, concerned with it not being Romos fault. I was becoming more worried that losses were being tacked onto Romo instead of the team. I gave up on Romo this season ever winning a SB. If you's only knew the people that had to listen to me for years say about how he had it in him. When I gave up people were shocked. He will always have a soft spot in me. I became a fan in 06 when I was 14. So he really was my guy. I would love nothing more to see him and the Dallas Cowboys hold up the Lombardi trophy, but my faith has run out.

#54 JP_Balfour

JP_Balfour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,642 posts
  • LocationMoberly, MO (temporarily)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

See this is a problem amongst Cowboys fans. Trust me I was exactly like this until I stepped back and really listened to what I was saying. Know what one of the first things out of my mouth was after the loss against NY last year? Well this isnt Romos fault. < Not concerned about this team, concerned with it not being Romos fault. I was becoming more worried that losses were being tacked onto Romo instead of the team. I gave up on Romo this season ever winning a SB. If you's only knew the people that had to listen to me for years say about how he had it in him. When I gave up people were shocked. He will always have a soft spot in me. I became a fan in 06 when I was 14. So he really was my guy. I would love nothing more to see him and the Dallas Cowboys hold up the Lombardi trophy, but my faith has run out.

too bad....luckily there are cups overflowing with faith in here, you want a sip?

3.27.2014....the cowboys have a new fan! 

Ayla Blair Balfour 6p5oz

#55 Garrett4Prez

Garrett4Prez

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Can you give me a dixie cup if we have :30sec left in the SB and we are in a victory formation? hahaa

#56 MikeNubia

MikeNubia

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

I agree, the Cowboys will loose. I am soooo tired of them losing that now it is all I expect of them. They have let their fans down too often. This is not a defeatist attitude, it is reality. The only predictable thing about this loosing team is jut that; they loose.
Now my hope is the glory days of Tom Landry return with a team that wants to win.

#57 MikeNubia

MikeNubia

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I agree, the Cowboys will loose. I am soooo tired of them losing that now it is all I expect of them. They have let their fans down too often. This is not a defeatist attitude, it is reality. The only predictable thing about this loosing team is jut that; they loose.
Now my hope is the glory days of Tom Landry return with a team that wants to win.

#58 MikeNubia

MikeNubia

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

#59 lilcricket

lilcricket

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

ARE YOU SERIOUS..... Have you been watching any of the games!!! OMG TAKE THOSE BLINDERS OFF OF YOUR EYES!!!

#60 Tobias Johnson

Tobias Johnson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Um.. correct me if I am wrong, but didn't our qb throw the final interception to drive the final nail into our playoff coffin? That last INT was completely on Romo.