On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

jerry jones has succeeded in destroying the cowboy's franchise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 cowboys4life1979

cowboys4life1979

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Since jerry jones took over the GM role after jimmy johnson left this team has been nothing short of disappointing year after year after year and ive had it I'm not watching this team at all next year if romo and garrett are still their.Thank you jerry for ruining the cowboy's franchise and saving me a whole lot of money i refuse to buy anything with the dallas cowboys brand on it or travel to arlington to watch them.THE STAR HAS BEEN TARNISHED

#2 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Jerry doesn't care. The snake oil salesman has hit the jackpot.

#3 ICEBOWLER

ICEBOWLER

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN Area

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

He paid $180 million for it.

It's worth more than $2 billion now.

I graduated from the public school system but even I can do that math.

02.jpg

Saw the Ice Bowl in '67 in Green Bay ... Been a Cowboy Ever Since!

The 'Bump & Run Rule", Free Agency and the Salary Cap have Destroyed Football.

#4 jsb357

jsb357

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas USA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Correct...hitting JJ in the pocket book is the only way to change the status quo....
It's a team hand built by Jerry Jones
and he has the results to prove it.

Turning America's team into an Arkansas rust bucket since 1996

#5 cowboyguy

cowboyguy

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Even George Lucas is in awe on how Jerry could tear down a once successful franchise
Posted Image

#6 Staubach Fan

Staubach Fan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Even George Lucas is in awe on how Jerry could tear down a once successful franchise

What's even more amazing is how Jerrah destroyed the on field product yet it has become one of the most valued franchises in the world.

Emmitt_Smith_Dallas_Cowboys.jpg?13230535
Dallas fan since December 28,1975

#7 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 29,260 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Can't disagree.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#8 ICEBOWLER

ICEBOWLER

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN Area

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Because Jerral Wayne is VERY GOOD at what HE does.

Selling, selling & selling.

He needs to do THAT and let a football man run the "production" end of the business.

Fact is, JJ is a GREAT OWNER. He just doesn't know football.

02.jpg

Saw the Ice Bowl in '67 in Green Bay ... Been a Cowboy Ever Since!

The 'Bump & Run Rule", Free Agency and the Salary Cap have Destroyed Football.

#9 Staubach Fan

Staubach Fan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

He needs to do THAT and let a football man run the "production" end of the business.

For making money that's all he's great at. For hiring personal or coaches he sucks big time. He's nothing more then a circus conductor. Nothing great about him at all.

Emmitt_Smith_Dallas_Cowboys.jpg?13230535
Dallas fan since December 28,1975

#10 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

come on guys... Jerry feels like we're still going to be on a playoff run even after this loss...LMAO......and next year....Super Bowl baby.......

#11 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 29,260 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

come on guys... Jerry feels like we're still going to be on a playoff run even after this loss...LMAO......and next year....Super Bowl baby.......

You think he actually believes what he himself says?

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#12 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,699 posts
  • LocationPadded Bacon Cell

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Jerry Jones is 1 of the most successful owners in the history of the N.F.L.

#13 memphiscowboy

memphiscowboy

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN area

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

JJ could be a great owner, he was for the first few years, then his ego took over and now he is just part of the problem. What good to the fans does it do for a team to be worth 2 billion dollars and fail on the field every year? JJ can't keep building bigger stadiums to get fans to the games, sooner or later he is going to have to put a winning team on the field or we will see that 2 billion dollar value start declining. There are still a large number of older Cowboy fans that keep the fire going but the next generation is migrating to the winning teams, it's just the way fans operate, winning trumps team value...

#14 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Shoot yeah. Leather face believes everything he says. I think he's pretty much finally made just about every fan hate him. [Except for the homers that think Jerry's not the problem. LMAO..Real owner would have fired him]

I hope this loss weighs heavy on him.. a lot heavier than that old opossum toupee on his head. I hope every time a fan sees him they boo the crap out of him.. Sleep great Jerry you're making millions and millions of fans hate you!

#15 coachdubya

coachdubya

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Jerry couldn't draft himself outta a paper bag if u gave him an hour and a gps. Face it, the Boys are stuck in mediocrity as long as JJ reigns.

#16 The Vaquero

The Vaquero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

I agree, if anything he has made the franchise brand gigantic.
"I'd rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else, rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team." - HOF Mike Singletary

#17 Futrdoc

Futrdoc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts
  • LocationFirmly planted on the Miami Heat train

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Jerry Jones is 1 of the most successful owners in the history of the N.F.L.

And the most laughed at...

Miami_Heat_Back_2_Back_NBA_Champions_Wal

#18 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

But he has a toupee, a facelift and a new shiney stadium that is not a home field advantage and millions and millions of dollars... LOL I remember when if posters questioned Jerry they were told to buy the team if they didn't like it.......How you like him now....

#19 HowBoutDemBoys

HowBoutDemBoys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

I just wish Jerruh would end up on an episode of unsolved mysteries after taking a boating trip with his entire family.....ok thats rough. But if he would just hire a real GM....I would be ok.
Ok, here's my updated 17 round mock with 10 trades and secondary mock in the event a new draft in the event we sign a certain coach.

#20 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

LOL ...........heck I was hoping the mayans were half right and the stadium and the JOnes would be swallowed up into the earth........too funny!