You are here

Photo

2013 NFL mock draft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cmbishop63

Cmbishop63

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

1 Jonathon Cooper G UNC

2 Alex Okafor DE TX

3 William Gholston DT/DE MSU

4 Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford

5 Mario Benavides C Lousiville

6 Blaize Foltz G TCU

I know it's o line heavy, but that's what we need.

#2 Bless the Boys

Bless the Boys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Not bad, and we do need O-line help, but the line played ok as the season wore on.
IMO, we need a stud NT/DT first and foremost. DE/OLB is a very close second if Spencer leaves.

Jesus and I Love the Dallas Cowboys!

It's not about anything you've done, it's about whats been done for you.

#3 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,389 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that the first pick will be OG or something along the D-line, DE or DT. Depends really on what we do in FA

#4 94MikeB96

94MikeB96

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

We should draft Chance Warmack in the first round. I like the alex okafor pick in the second round. we should then draft a safety. And instead of stephan taylor we should draft Dennis Johnson from arkansas. other we could go with the O and D line because thats where we need the most help. We Need a big NT to take up space and also be play maker.

#5 1daysoon

1daysoon

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

1 Jonathon Cooper G UNC

2 Alex Okafor DE TX

3 William Gholston DT/DE MSU

4 Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford

5 Mario Benavides C Lousiville

6 Blaize Foltz G TCU

I know it's o line heavy, but that's what we need.

Then that's how they should draft. Picking the best available player isn't working. Focus on what you need and move on from there.

#6 deadpoet1

deadpoet1

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

I think they need to consider a safety at some point, but I guess one could be signed in free agency depending on what happens after certain players are released and contracts are restructured. I would not be disappointed in the least bit if the Cowboys went offensive and defensive line heavy in the draft.

#7 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Then that's how they should draft. Picking the best available player isn't working. Focus on what you need and move on from there.

Is that totally true that they aren't drafting by need vs best available player? Look at last years draft all by need not best available.
Round
1: Claibore we needed a corner across from Carr especially with Jenkins injury.
3: Crawford We needed defensive line help especially at the time on the outside.
4: Wilber we needed more pass rush guys
4: Johnson needed a safety didn't know how well Church would be
5: Coale needed a # 3 wr
6: Hanna Needed a backup tight end with Marty out.
7: McSurdy Nobody knew how Carter would do.

So I think all of last years picks were drafted by need, as well as 2011. So i think we need to draft by need to an extent but if there is someone you cannot pass on you have to take the guys especially rounds 3-7. With our lack of cap room for who knows how long we have to live through the draft so I feel we have to almost hit on everything we draft and try to acquire more pics because we cannot go out into free agency and pick up the Livings of the world due to the fact we have no money.

#8 lordnate

lordnate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

When have we ever drafted the best available player? Its always need. Spencer because we needed an compliment to Ware. Jones and Jenkins because we needed compliments to Barber and Newman. Dez Bryant because Roy Williams sucked. Tyron Smith because our OL sucked. Claiborne because Newman sucked and was cut.

#9 Prospect

Prospect

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

When have we ever drafted the best available player? Its always need. Spencer because we needed an compliment to Ware. Jones and Jenkins because we needed compliments to Barber and Newman. Dez Bryant because Roy Williams sucked. Tyron Smith because our OL sucked. Claiborne because Newman sucked and was cut.

Bruce Carter... DeMarco Murray... Sean Lee...

They were all best players available. Definitely worked out with these guys lol.

670d87f494d8216eb690ea4a89ecf921.gif

#10 SiCk_DiAbLo

SiCk_DiAbLo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, Va

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Bruce Carter... DeMarco Murray... Sean Lee...

They were all best players available. Definitely worked out with these guys lol.

Yeah they worked out for half the season...
Posted Image

#11 deathstar2222

deathstar2222

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

I at times wish we didn't trade up to get claiborne and drafted Kirkpatrick or Barron and grabed Bobby wagner ILB in the 2nd last year.

Dez_Mo_061213_650-2.jpg

Dunbar_090313_650.jpg

#12 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

no TACKLE!?!?!?