On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Start preparing now for Johnny Manziel!!!

Dallas QB

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 CDJ5000

CDJ5000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Jerry Jones wants control he should control how he is gonna get a clutch QB like Johnny Manziel to come and be our QB when he turns pro. Romo has played and padded beautiful stats one thing though it doesn't win games for ya when it has to be the drive that depletes clock taking the fight to the defense making them commit the crucial mistake that cost them the game instead of us. Jerry needs to protect his picks as well as accumulate more picks in future drafts so we will have enough to wrap up Manziel. Please build a massive Offensive line that hurts and wears down defensive lines the war is won in the trenches. Get lineman that can pull and bulldoze anyone dumb enough to get in the way attitudes need to change in dallas u thinks Haslett wasn't telling his defense to play physical enough to get lucky and hurt us ur wrong. Get Smart, Get Strong, Get Mean this offseason Dallas come out fighting mad and walk all over ur competition and get to playoffs and win ur work starts now.

#2 boutteman

boutteman

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,906 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe area, NV

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

From what I've seen of Johnny this year, he reminds me a lot of a younger Romo (but Johnny has a better OL and more creative offensive coach), lol.
I'm not sold on his arm either yet.... but he is young and could develop nicely the next 2 years in college, so we'll just have to wait and see.

JGpiggie.jpg

#3 lordnate

lordnate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

We won't get Johnny Manziel. If Romo signs the expected contract extension, he'll be the Cowboys QB for the next 3-5 years. In most of those contracts, the first two seasons salaries are guaranteed and the players get a good signing bonus. That means, cap wise it would be more costly to cut him than to keep him for the first 2-3 seasons. We can't afford to keep him without the extension, because the extension would lower his 2013 cap hit, which we have to do in order to get under the 2013 salary cap.

Jerry is frustrated with the team's 8-8 season, but he's impatient. He won't roll with a rookie QB next year. He'll keep a highly productive veteran in Romo. Say what you want about Romo, but he will be looked at as the best win now QB next season for our team. You can only cut him or extend him, due to our salary cap situation. Since Jerry is about winning now, he will extend him.

I know Manziel won't be available until 2014, but by that time we'll already be locked into the Romo contract.

#4 bigdfan2488

bigdfan2488

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationCypress, TX

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

LOL. I love Johnny and I would love to see him as Dallas' QB of the future.

However, let's hold our horses a bit here. Johnny still has some things to prove. He needs to improve his arm strength this offseason and then improve in his anticipation.

He made huge strides as the season progressed, but he's not a finished product yet. If he continues to improve at the rate that he did during this season? Well, I don't know that we would have a chance to draft him at that point...

#5 BACON

BACON

Top Recruit

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Oh please lord I hope he's drafted well before Jerry can get him.

I love my Texas Aggie and I love me some Johnny Football. I don't want him to be drafted by an organization where he will be subject to the same BS every year.

Please God I beg of you don't let the Cowboys get and ruin Johnny's football career.

#6 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts
  • Location714

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Johnny Heisman is not a pro style QB. Can you say Tebow 2.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#7 bigdfan2488

bigdfan2488

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationCypress, TX

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Johnny Heisman is not a pro style QB. Can you say Tebow 2.

Russell Wilson begs to differ. So does RG3.

He's not Tebow #2 and you would know this if you had actually watched the kid play.

He's got some improving to do if he wants to make it in the NFL. But his mechanics are much, much better than Tebow's have ever been.

#8 Brawndo

Brawndo

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

The guy improves his arm strength and accuracy for deep balls I'll be all for it. Wilson really put the height thing to rest when you are used correctly.

Dallas selects a WR in the first

clint-eastwood-snarls_zps99fecadd.gif

#9 bigdfan2488

bigdfan2488

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationCypress, TX

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

The guy improves his arm strength and accuracy for deep balls I'll be all for it. Wilson really put the height thing to rest when you are used correctly.

Exactly!

Now, in regards to his accuracy, that improved a lot just during the season. If you go and watch the early games to his last few games, starting with Alabama, his accurracy was actually very good. The arm strength is a little lacking, but he still gets it there. Needs to improve that though.

Where he needs to improve a bunch is in reading the defense pre-snap. Right now he has the ability to make up for it with his legs. But if he gets to where he knows what the D is doing before the snap and improves his arm strength some, he could have the same type of impact for an NFL team as Russell Wilson in a couple years.