You are here

Photo

Lets Talk about Anthony Spencer Guys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

What do you think He will do?

Money? Contract? Wants Needs Length?

I for one Honestly think the Cowboys will let him walk.

Dallas is in no way shape or form in a postion to resign him.No Money.

If they do I doubt the NFLPA would like him playing for 1 million this season.

So who do you think or what do you think will replace him?

The Draft a FA Someone on the Roster?

#2 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Dion Jordan 6-7 250 would be an Ideal Choice for me. He is a Former TE and has coverage skills also 5.5 sacks this season and 3 forced fumbles plus a INT

#3 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Trent Murphy would be my other pick in the 3rd 6-6 260lbs with POwer and speed he is a beast 10 sacks 4 pass deflects 1 int 1 ff

I hope he comes out becouse this guy would be an awesome pick in the 3rd round

#4 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Sean POrter in the 4th would be my last to replace. 6-2 225lbs he is fast and has the Rush Skills he is a unique player 3 sacks 4 pass deflects and a int

#5 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,353 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

He's a gonner, we can't afford to keep him and you know he wants to get paid and he will

#6 cbfan87

cbfan87

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

can't afford him

sunni-cranfill.jpg?d=600

"Dallas' offensive line looked as tough as Dallas' offensive line normally does, which is to say like Kenny Chesney in one of his sleeveless man-salmon tank tops and a seashell choker."

#7 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

The More I read about Trent Murphy the more Im liking him.

He is a 3rd round Prospect and he looks like an everyday player. He looks very under rated. And with the Type of Middle LB we have I think he would be great Accross Ware

#8 Highhorse

Highhorse

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  • LocationAll over the US

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

I mentioned back in week 5 that we should have made him an offer if he kept his performance up at the midway point. That way its written off as a 2012 contract and we dissolve the 8 mill franchise money. Oh well, now we will probably lose him, but it will clear some cap space.
Though if he truly wants to be a Cowboy like he said, he must be reasonable.

Genius....he invented the 4-3 defense in the 60's, ...but the true genius was he invented an offense to defeat his own defense.  That genius was Tom Landry.

5d18509b-4615-4958-b709-12d632e24d76_500

#9 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

we need to know before i mean before the draft thats a fact

#10 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I think we will re-sign him, and this will be on the of big signings that JJ has talked about signing in the off season. I think the Cowboys would be looking at a 5 year $56.25 million contact with $28.75 million guaranteed. So his base salary for 2013 would be $1.75 million but we could pay him $9.25 million of his bonus, this should only count as $7.5 million on the salary cap, which is $3million less than this season, his 2014 base salary could be $2.5 million with a further $9.75 million of his signing bonus, this would only count as $8 million hit on the salary cap.

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

#11 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Dallas doesnt even have close to 7.5 million in space much les 1.75 million in space to sign anyone

#12 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

If he goes, I want Markevious Mingo at 18. He's a physical freak and i think Rob would make a beast out of him. Last i checked he was only 240lbs, but i think he will fill out a little more and add 10-15 lbs and will be a great player. He's a bit of a project, but has all the tools and i think we could have him ready to go come opening day.

THIS MAN WILL KILL IT THIS YEAR!!

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#13 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Dallas doesnt even have close to 7.5 million in space much les 1.75 million in space to sign anyone

We have plenty of time before final cap numbers need submitting, enough time to re-structure a few other contracts to free up space.

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

#14 johnny23

johnny23

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

If he goes, I want Markevious Mingo at 18. He's a physical freak and i think Rob would make a beast out of him. Last i checked he was only 240lbs, but i think he will fill out a little more and add 10-15 lbs and will be a great player. He's a bit of a project, but has all the tools and i think we could have him ready to go come opening day.

Too bad Kiki Mingo is one of the rats jumping off the sinking ship that is LSU's programs and one of the problem children from the team. I want no parts of Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, or Eric Reid.

#15 lordnate

lordnate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

We have plenty of time before final cap numbers need submitting, enough time to re-structure a few other contracts to free up space.

No we don't. The Team has to come in compliance with the salary cap at the start of the league year. That is, the start of FA in the off-season. Somewhere around late February or early March. Just read Question 1.9a in the following link.

http://www.askthecom...aryCap/faq.aspx

#16 lordnate

lordnate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

The replacement for Anthony Spencer will be Victor Butler. He's an RFA, so we can sign him to a cheap tender offer and other teams will have to give us a draft pick, if they want to sign him. They won't want to give us that draft pick so he'll be on the team. We will make up for the loss of Anthony Spencer by getting better at other positions on the team.

#17 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Bye, Spencer

#18 Bless the Boys

Bless the Boys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

It's to bad but I think we will lose him. He is going to get paid and we can't afford to pay him. One thing to remember is that we will get a high comp pick for him if we do lose him. i think we'll get comp picks for Jenkins and Felix too. We sure can use those picks.

Jesus and I Love the Dallas Cowboys!

It's not about anything you've done, it's about whats been done for you.

#19 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I really think that if we lose him, we need to replace him in the draft, early. Mingo is a falling talent and Idk what johnny's problem with him is, but hte guy for whatever reason hates him. Said he was a pot head and I dont think i ever got an and=swer why he would say that. Theres nothing online about him smoking so idk...

THIS MAN WILL KILL IT THIS YEAR!!

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#20 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Alex Okefor would be my choise or Dion Jordan