You are here

Photo

Dennis Johnson HB Arkansas: backup to Demarco Murray or even a future starter.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 94MikeB96

94MikeB96

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

He is listed as 5' 9" 213 pounds. this young man is a bowling ball. He makes contact and carries 3-4 guys with him to make yardage. He is hard to tackle. If we can get him, He can be our MJD or Ray Rice. He is a good compliment of power and speed. He can be the second back behind Demarco Murray. But with Murray and his history of injuries and not knowing if he will be able to stay on the field for an entire season. Dennis Johnson can jump in and carry the load, he did it when Knile Davis got injured, and he gradually earned more playing time over Knile Davis. He runs hard inside and outside, hes hard to bring down, he has nice receiving abilities, and he has been one of the best kick returners in the SEC every year that he has played, averaging 24.3 yards per return and three touchdowns in his career. His size would help help him because he can hide behind the big guys upfront. He is projected to go in the 5-6 round. I would love to get him. C'mon jerry plzzz get this guy
Here are his vids, tell me what you think.

•Dennis Johnson vs Mississippi,South Carolina,Mississippi St 2011
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=JGUuKQBzERw

•Dennis Johnson vs Ole Miss (2012)
http://m.youtube.com...feature=related

•Dennis Johnson vs Tulsa (2012) - in this game he had great cut moves
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=VecKrAA-pbo

#2 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Razorbacks scare me now after the epic fail that is Felix.

#3 94MikeB96

94MikeB96

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Razorbacks scare me now after the epic fail that is Felix.

He is projected to go in the 5-6 Round, he's different from felix. In my opinion Johnson is a better back, he has both speed and power, where felix is just a speedy guy. We drafted jones way to high, and after we drafted him, we wanted him to bulk up. But that affected his speed. If we do get Johnson we wont need him to bulk up because he has good size. At 5'9" 213lbs

#4 CowboysApologist

CowboysApologist

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

He is projected to go in the 5-6 Round, he's different from felix. In my opinion Johnson is a better back, he has both speed and power, where felix is just a speedy guy. We drafted jones way to high, and after we drafted him, we wanted him to bulk up. But that affected his speed. If we do get Johnson we wont need him to bulk up because he has good size. At 5'9" 213lbs

213 pounds at 5"9 is MORE than enough... This guy probably looks like the juggernaut lol... He's similar in size to Emmitt and plays with power like Mark Ingram... I definitely want this kid with a late round pick... We're about the same height I may be closer to 5"10 and I'm a nice size in terms of muscle build at only 170ish... If I had 43lbs of MORE muscle packed on my frame I would look like a freak or a Greek God lol...