You are here

Photo

Trade Demarcus Ware

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 purefan1977

purefan1977

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I am wondering if this is part of what Jerry has planned, his big changes coming (inaddition to the coaching changes). And to be honest, I think it might be a good idea. Ware is a great player but is going to be 31 years old, coming off two years of being injured (And I think there are permanent issues with his neck from a few seasons ago), and being asked to learn a new postion for which he is undersized. He is one of the only players we could get any value for. For a team that runs the 3-4 and thinks they are a player or so away from the SB what is more important than that hard to find pass rusher? Remember when we got Charles Haley and how that put us over the top? If we could get some players that we need to fill the holes we have OL, DL, safety and maybe a good draft pick I think it would be a smart move Thoughts??

#2 natrlone

natrlone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

I am wondering if this is part of what Jerry has planned, his big changes coming (inaddition to the coaching changes). And to be honest, I think it might be a good idea. Ware is a great player but is going to be 31 years old, coming off two years of being injured (And I think there are permanent issues with his neck from a few seasons ago), and being asked to learn a new postion for which he is undersized. He is one of the only players we could get any value for. For a team that runs the 3-4 and thinks they are a player or so away from the SB what is more important than that hard to find pass rusher? Remember when we got Charles Haley and how that put us over the top? If we could get some players that we need to fill the holes we have OL, DL, safety and maybe a good draft pick I think it would be a smart move Thoughts??

I don't think Haley was any bigger than Ware. He was meaner.

#3 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

If you were the GM of another team, what value would you put on a player, even Ware, with the issues highlighted above? No team is going to give us a bunch of picks for him. Maybe..maybe..you get a second round pick. Then what do you do? A void is opened up on you defense that needs to be replaced. Unless some team was to absolutely blow you away with an offer, the value for the Cowboys is to keep Ware.

#4 PHB35

PHB35

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

What team is one player away from the Super Bowl but not in the Super Bowl and happens to have spare starters at OL, DL, and S?

#5 Don

Don

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,025 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Funny how we only have one palyer even worth trading. LMAO. Romo is the only other worth anything.

WFKVUOB.gif

#6 natrlone

natrlone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Here is a decent read on Ware and the 4-3.

http://www.bloggingt...d-on-the-ground

#7 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Funny how we only have one palyer even worth trading. LMAO. Romo is the only other worth anything.

He doesnt have much value either. No team that is close to making the Super Bowl is going to replace their current QB with Romo. He has a reputation around the league of screwing up in big games. Maybe you get a mid level team to take a chance on him, but they still arent going to give up much to get him.

#8 ajuarez

ajuarez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationButte Montana

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

i believe he played with his hand on the ground in college, he'll be fine, although if the right trade situation came up i'd be down for that, but it would have to be worth it

To know me is to hate me , if you don't know me , give it 10 minutes you'll hate me

#9 natrlone

natrlone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

What team is one player away from the Super Bowl but not in the Super Bowl and happens to have spare starters at OL, DL, and S?

lol, Pats? They could have used some QB pressure in the second half.

#10 natrlone

natrlone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

We could get something for Lee, Carter, Spencer if he was under contract, Mo, Murray due to his relatively small contract, Smith, Witten, Dez, Harris with his potential and small contract, and so on.

We have players we could trade. Any blockbuster trades? No. But Dez would bring a good deal with the way he developed over the season.

Thing is you have to account for the production of the starters traded. You need depth which we don't have or you have to replace them. Just not too many I would trade taking that into account.

#11 C*V*M

C*V*M

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts
  • Locationwest TEXAS

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

how do you trade Ware for picks this year? Players must pass a physical if they are traded and Ware just had shoulder surgery...the draft is 3 months away. Not happening, folks

There will be drought and bounty for all teams, you see.  Better a Homer than a fairweather, be.

#12 ajuarez

ajuarez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationButte Montana

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

how do you trade Ware for picks this year? Players must pass a physical if they are traded and Ware just had shoulder surgery...the draft is 3 months away. Not happening, folks

nothing we want and talk about is happening, we know we're stuck in jerry land, let us vent and dream though

To know me is to hate me , if you don't know me , give it 10 minutes you'll hate me

#13 RomoFan4Life

RomoFan4Life

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

He doesnt have much value either. No team that is close to making the Super Bowl is going to replace their current QB with Romo. He has a reputation around the league of screwing up in big games. Maybe you get a mid level team to take a chance on him, but they still arent going to give up much to get him.

his as valuable as matt ryan,tom brady and other "big time" QB if were going by the reputation for choking in big games.What has brady done ever since they got caught cheating and won the superbowl last? Romo has as much playoff win as matt ryan, and he has better personnels surrounding him :lol:. Thanks to JJ, any qb playing for the cowboys will have a bad rep if they don't win playoffs/superbowl.

#14 LeeThePredator

LeeThePredator

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Man its a tough one. I was gona disagree with your post but the way Jerry is managing this team i woulnt mind it. Ware is a beast and in this 4-3 defense hes gona take a beating. Rigt now i could see maybe getting 2 first rounds for him or a first n second this year and a 3rd next year. Even a 1st and 3rd this year and 3rd next year would be great. We have alot of holes this year again. RT,Guards,DT,DEs,Safeties,RB,TE. We are st at RB n TE but need backups.I woulnt mind having two 1st round and two 3rds. Imagine drafting a Vaccarro n Sylvester Williams in just the 1st. Then trade a 3rd n 5th for another 2nd,then draft a RT n DE then a top RB in the 3rd.

#15 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

I think some of us as fans sometimes confuse the reality of the NFL with the fantasy of Madden. People say things and never honestly assess the other side of the deal. Like....why would the other team do this in a manner that makes it a sweet deal for the Cowboys? The days of the Hershel Walker trades are over.

#16 LeeThePredator

LeeThePredator

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

R u kidding me. How can u guys not think that Ware has no value lol. Hes worth a 1st and a 3rd this year n next. Ware is a beast if put in another good defense. Teams like Chiefs or Chargers would love his services.

#17 natrlone

natrlone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

I think some of us as fans sometimes confuse the reality of the NFL with the fantasy of Madden. People say things and never honestly assess the other side of the deal. Like....why would the other team do this in a manner that makes it a sweet deal for the Cowboys? The days of the Hershel Walker trades are over.

I could see coach cupcake with the Texans maybe wanting to trade for him. Don't know how much he would be willing to give up. Besides the injuries and age there is the big contract he carries.

Our best bet is to play him out. The big trade year for him was about 2 years ago.

#18 ajuarez

ajuarez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationButte Montana

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

i say we keep him, there's just not going to be a trade that makes it worth it for dallas

#19 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

his as valuable as matt ryan,tom brady and other "big time" QB if were going by the reputation for choking in big games.What has brady done ever since they got caught cheating and won the superbowl last? Romo has as much playoff win as matt ryan, and he has better personnels surrounding him :lol:. Thanks to JJ, any qb playing for the cowboys will have a bad rep if they don't win playoffs/superbowl.

Say what you will but you could probably count on one hand the number of GMs, coaches, and players outside of the Cowboys organization that would take Romo over Brady right now. I think the odds wouldnt be much better given the choice of Ryan or Romo. But hey...what do I know.

#20 Don

Don

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,025 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

I could see coach cupcake with the Texans maybe wanting to trade for him. Don't know how much he would be willing to give up. Besides the injuries and age there is the big contract he carries.

Our best bet is to play him out. The big trade year for him was about 2 years ago.

Why?

WFKVUOB.gif