On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

How Embarrassed Are You As A Dallas Cowboys Fan?

Dallas Cowboys Fans Embarrass

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#1 Mantooth

Mantooth

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I am VERY embarrassed. We now have the NEW Al Davis as a owner/general manager. Jerry Jones might as well coach this team and do his own scouting while he's at it.

It's been way too long since we have had a team to be proud of. Changing the head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, special teams coach won't change ANYTHING.

Drafting a 'polarizing" WR/CB/RB/DE/LB won't change ANYTHING.

A billion dollar stadium with a 60yr screen, dancing cage girls, windows with automatic blinds (that's built facing the wrong direction, mind you) won't change ANYTHING.

I am very embarrassed to be a Cowboys fan. The new generation doesn't even know about Dallas tradition and all the greatness we once were. All they know is losing.

The star means nothing now and it's all Jerry Jones' fault. Thanks for ruining the Dallas Cowboys Jerry.

I'm done.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 diehardblues

diehardblues

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,505 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I am VERY embarrassed. We now have the NEW Al Davis as a owner/general manager. Jerry Jones might as well coach this team and do his own scouting while he's at it.

It's been way too long since we have had a team to be proud of. Changing the head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, special teams coach won't change ANYTHING.

Drafting a 'polarizing" WR/CB/RB/DE/LB won't change ANYTHING.

A billion dollar stadium with a 60yr screen, dancing cage girls, windows with automatic blinds (that's built facing the wrong direction, mind you) won't change ANYTHING.

I am very embarrassed to be a Cowboys fan. The new generation doesn't even know about Dallas tradition and all the greatness we once were. All they know is losing.

The star means nothing now and it's all Jerry Jones' fault. Thanks for ruining the Dallas Cowboys Jerry.

I'm done.

Where you been. It's been like this for an entire generation.

Another generation and Jerry will be gone unless we are blessed sooner my Mother Nature:)

The Cowboys are bigger than Jerry much to his demise. We'll always have our history before Jerry and someday after.
Being a local we have no place to go!!

hHQfeZD.jpg

It's Greg. I changed my screen name.

#3 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
  • Location15 miles from the Linc

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Im embarrassed enough to believe Im being punished for all the good football I got to watch in the 70s 80s and 90s

#4 diehardblues

diehardblues

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 15,505 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Im embarrassed enough to believe Im being punished for all the good football I got to watch in the 70s 80s and 90s

I had the 60's too:)

For about 30 years we had more glory than most teams will ever have.

Wonder how they keep going in Detroit with only NFC team never to play in a Super Bowl and no championship since 1959?
And they cant blame Jerry.LOL

hHQfeZD.jpg

#5 CowGirl79

CowGirl79

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

It should be an embarrassment to the once proud organization but personally just another typical day of being a fan of the Cowboys. Nothing that comes out of VR should be too much of a shock to any of us anymore

#6 Bleedin' Blue

Bleedin' Blue

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

getting pretty bad....Jerry says this, says that. Puts words in other peoples mouths. He's on board, that guys on board with the changes, I would like to hear it from them one time.....nothing but a dictatorship..the front office is nothing but a Jerry-atric ward.

#7 TheStar

TheStar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Where you been. It's been like this for an entire generation.

Another generation and Jerry will be gone unless we are blessed sooner my Mother Nature:)

The Cowboys are bigger than Jerry much to his demise. We'll always have our history before Jerry and someday after.
Being a local we have no place to go!!

agreed

lWAoT.St.117.jpg

#8 diehardblues

diehardblues

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 15,505 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

It should be an embarrassment to the once proud organization but personally just another typical day of being a fan of the Cowboys. Nothing that comes out of VR should be too much of a shock to any of us anymore

Exactly. Of course Jerry is an embarressment and we are the joke of the NFL. But it's not breaking news. We have been for years now.

hHQfeZD.jpg

#9 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I guess this is possibly what marrying a hot, cool chick who over the years gets fat, smelly, alcoholic, annoying & boring and can't boil water is like? And you're stuck because you're loyal and don't want to risk the consequences of drastic measures.

Yep. Embarrassed.

#10 diehardblues

diehardblues

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 15,505 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I guess this is possibly what marrying a hot, cool chick who over the years gets fat, smelly, alcoholic, annoying & boring and can't boil water is like?

Yep. Embarrassed.

Thats the anology I've always used. Like a marriage gone bad. The historical honeymoon kept the fire for a few years:)

hHQfeZD.jpg

#11 1daysoon

1daysoon

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I had the 60's too:)

For about 30 years we had more glory than most teams will ever have.

Wonder how they keep going in Detroit with only NFC team never to play in a Super Bowl and no championship since 1959?
And they cant blame Jerry.LOL

Liked the research of Detroit being the only NFC team without an appearance. It's amazing over the years we Dallas Cowboys fans forget how good we had it. But once it went away it went away with a vengeance. Now we have to wait for it to come back. Looking at how San Fran did it you'd think Jerry would somehow copy the recipe for success. But no. Jerry has to prove the entire NFL wrong and do it his way so he could rub it in their faces and say I told you so. Jerry, you killed my team. You put clowns in charge and resist drafting quality players. Jimmy and Bill did most of the work for you and that really ticked you off. What an ego. You mean to tell me that people you hire making your team very good and possibly winning a championship is against your beliefs? You are Satan.

#12 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Liked the research of Detroit being the only NFC team without an appearance. It's amazing over the years we Dallas Cowboys fans forget how good we had it. But once it went away it went away with a vengeance. Now we have to wait for it to come back. Looking at how San Fran did it you'd think Jerry would somehow copy the recipe for success. But no. Jerry has to prove the entire NFL wrong and do it his way so he could rub it in their faces and say I told you so. Jerry, you killed my team. You put clowns in charge and resist drafting quality players. Jimmy and Bill did most of the work for you and that really ticked you off. What an ego. You mean to tell me that people you hire making your team very good and possibly winning a championship is against your beliefs? You are Satan.

Yeah. Sad.

I hate saying it and I've articulated it here before, but Jerry considers himself the solution, not the problem. That's as succinctly as the crux of the whole disaster can be stated, I think.

#13 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 26,833 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Not embarrassed, though I do feel a bit of embarrassment for Jerry, esp as it seems he doesn't understand what's going on. I've felt no emotion for this team going on 4 seasons now, and that's not like me. Leaving is not an option, but I refuse to be emotionally involved in this clusterfudge. Just waiting until we become relevant. As for hope, I'll determine how much I have after the next draft. My hope is directly related to how many CB's, RB's, WR's, and LB's we don't take in the draft.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#14 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I honestly wonder if Jerry has any awareness of exactly how hated he really is or if he's totally oblivious to it? I respect people be they regular folk or celebrities who possess self-awareness, and those that are too wrapped up in whatever to possess that trait are such a turn off.

#15 diehardblues

diehardblues

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 15,505 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

At least we have a visible excuse. What's their excuse in Detroit for over 50 years? Not even a championship game appearance.
Must be some great fans in the Motor City!!

hHQfeZD.jpg

#16 crunchberry

crunchberry

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm not embarrassed about something as silly as a sports team I follow.

Children and emotionally juvenile people are embarrassed by their favorite sports team. The posters above fall into one of these two categories.

#17 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

At least we have a visible excuse. What's their excuse in Detroit for over 50 years? Not even a championship game appearance.
Must be some great fans in the Motor City!!

I guess you could argue that for the most part from about '66 throughout the 70s and into the very early 80s the Vikings dominating their division really blocked not only the Lions but also the Packers (terrible during both the 70s and 80s) and the Bears from even having much of a shot within that division, but overall their ineptitude has been staggering. Combo of bad luck and gross mismanagement.

#18 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 26,833 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

I honestly wonder if Jerry has any awareness of exactly how hated he really is or if he's totally oblivious to it? I respect people be they regular folk or celebrities who possess self-awareness, and those that are too wrapped up in whatever to possess that trait are such a turn off.

IMO, he's totally lacking self awareness.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#19 chrispierce

chrispierce

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Paper bag over head time for me.....17 years of hype with nothing to show of it.the romo killing int against WAS really did it for me,and now I'm leaning for a 1-15 season in hopes that it might wake the idiot owner up

#20 TheStar

TheStar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Not embarrassed, though I do feel a bit of embarrassment for Jerry, esp as it seems he doesn't understand what's going on. I've felt no emotion for this team going on 4 seasons now, and that's not like me. Leaving is not an option, but I refuse to be emotionally involved in this clusterfudge. Just waiting until we become relevant. As for hope, I'll determine how much I have after the next draft. My hope is directly related to how many CB's, RB's, WR's, and LB's we don't take in the draft.

KSK, i'm embarrassed this much [______]

lWAoT.St.117.jpg