You are here

Photo

How Embarrassed Are You As A Dallas Cowboys Fan?

Dallas Cowboys Fans Embarrass

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#61 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I can honestly say I am not embarrassed one bit. You see , this is not my Dallas Cowboys. It's Jerral's version of his Dallas Cowboys. My Cowboys would never have been built or run this way.
I saw 8-8 before the 2011 season starter, same for the 2012 season. So for me, this team met my expectations. Why should I be embarrassed about that?

#62 ajuarez

ajuarez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationButte Montana

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

embarrassed on the inside but i don't show it to fans of other teams, i still wear my cowboy gear, i'm trying to buy less for jerry though

To know me is to hate me , if you don't know me , give it 10 minutes you'll hate me

#63 Don

Don

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,034 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

WFKVUOB.gif

#64 danny11

danny11

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Locationmt. rainier, md

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

I can honestly say I am not embarrassed one bit. You see , this is not my Dallas Cowboys. It's Jerral's version of his Dallas Cowboys. My Cowboys would never have been built or run this way.
I saw 8-8 before the 2011 season starter, same for the 2012 season. So for me, this team met my expectations. Why should I be embarrassed about that?

but c'mon, look where this team was by 1984...well on it's way down, due to poor drafts, mismanagement, and an overreliance and loyalty to aging stars.

not trying to defend jerry--goodness knows he's driven us straight into the ground--but let's not act like he's the only one who ever messed things up around here.

like talking horror?  come hang out at

http://horrorforum.com

universal-monsters.jpg

#65 Willpak

Willpak

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 35,103 posts
  • Locationis none of your business. =)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hell it's gotta be way more embarrassing to be an Eagles fan. Screw a generation of embarrassment, they've got an entire franchise history to be embarrassed about.

Hard work will always overcome natural talent when natural talent doesn't work hard enough. - Alex Ferguson

#66 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

The Lions did have a good team in 1970 (QB was Greg Landry). The Cowboys beat them in a playoff game 5-0.
Detroit had playoff seasons in the early 90's while the Cowboys made their Super Bowl runs. They were in the NFC Championship game in 1991.

I know.

#67 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hell it's gotta be way more embarrassing to be an Eagles fan. Screw a generation of embarrassment, they've got an entire franchise history to be embarrassed about.

You mean besides kicking ass in the late 40s and in 1960? I loathe the scumbags, but it's disingenuous to pretend they have blown chunks their ENTIRE history, even if it was back when cavemen roamed the Earth.

#68 1Cowboysdude

1Cowboysdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Embarrassed? No... upset.. po'ed... sick of garbage... sick of Al Davis Jr... sick his 'coach' ... tired of excuses... period.

#69 DallasJacob

DallasJacob

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Same here!

If my sons behaved badly or other members of my family, I'd be embarrassed. But this is the football team I choose to support, and still enjoy watching. What happens does not point back to me, so I'm not embarrassed. I'm frustrated and disappointed, but I'm still here, I'll continue to be here, and already looking forward to next season.

This is how I feel too...
Posted Image

#70 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

but c'mon, look where this team was by 1984...well on it's way down, due to poor drafts, mismanagement, and an overreliance and loyalty to aging stars.

not trying to defend jerry--goodness knows he's driven us straight into the ground--but let's not act like he's the only one who ever messed things up around here.

How does this have to do with being embarrassed by this team (or not being so)?

#71 danny11

danny11

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Locationmt. rainier, md

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

How does this have to do with being embarrassed by this team (or not being so)?

simply that you separated the cowboys as a franchise from jerry's cowoys as a reason for not being embarrassed. i'm just saying, the cowboys have had other screw-ups is all, and we are who we are. saying the cowboys are different from jerry's cowboys is unfair,and discounts most of our winning. if i misinterpreted your comment, my apolgies.

like talking horror?  come hang out at

http://horrorforum.com

universal-monsters.jpg

#72 hpdubb_og

hpdubb_og

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Not ever embarrassed. Just highly depressed & disappointed. Hopefully 2013 changes this

#73 Willpak

Willpak

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 35,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

You mean besides kicking ass in the late 40s and in 1960? I loathe the scumbags, but it's disingenuous to pretend they have blown chunks their ENTIRE history, even if it was back when cavemen roamed the Earth.

Hell it's gotta be way more embarrassing to be an Eagles fan. Screw a generation of embarrassment, they've got an entire franchise NFC history to be embarrassed about.

Better?

Hard work will always overcome natural talent when natural talent doesn't work hard enough. - Alex Ferguson

#74 natrlone

natrlone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,980 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I've said this before and I'll say it again. A football team does not define me as a man. I have made mistakes in life and still do that embarrasses me like any man but I am not embarrassed by a football team.

Why should I be? I didn't draft anyone, coach anyone, train anyone etc. only cheered for them.

As a fan I am not embarrassed when they lose, when JJ drafts badly, JG coaches badly, when someone gets arrested etc. I am not responsible for grown men's actions.

I am dissapointed when those things happen, not embarrassed.

#75 hpdubb_og

hpdubb_og

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I've said this before and I'll say it again. A football team does not define me as a man. I have made mistakes in life and still do that embarrasses me like any man but I am not embarrassed by a football team.

Why should I be? I didn't draft anyone, coach anyone, train anyone etc. only cheered for them.

As a fan I am not embarrassed when they lose, when JJ drafts badly, JG coaches badly, when someone gets arrested etc. I am not responsible for grown men's actions.

I am dissapointed when those things happen, not embarrassed.

Good post Nat!

#76 couchcoach

couchcoach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

That is a bold claim. Steinbrener and Al Davis are quite the figures. Al Davis over shadowed the raiders for 60 years.

Combined, those two men did not have the overbearing presence over their teams. They did not seek the spotlight but did not refuse an interview. Jones has a machine set up to generate them. The goal is exposure not for the team but for him.

Al was a football guy that ascended to management and built some pretty impressive teams but he did not demend more attention than his team. Steinbrenner was imposing but not intruding to the point where he was the team. Both powerful men within their sports but we've not seen the like of anything like Jones in pro sports.

#77 natrlone

natrlone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,980 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'd be embarrassed if I was embarrassed by the team. Also if I looked back and realized I spent all my time pi$$ing and moaning about losses.

But that's just me.

#78 Willpak

Willpak

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 35,103 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

reading through this thread, what embarasses me is the sense of entitlement a lot of folks are espousing, not to mention lack of loyalty. we are not "owed" a winning team any more than the good folks in detroit, arizona, cleveland, atlanta, philadelphia, seatle, san diego, tennessee, jacksonville, carolina, and houston. yeah, it kinda sucks that past glories keep us warm at night, but those aforementioned cities haven't ever won a single superbowl, and they seem to root and pull for their team every year despite being serious losers and having all kind of mickey mouse bs in their front offices and sidelines.

WE HAVE FIVE SUPERBOWLS.

would i like more? of course. those years--the three that i was paying attention during--were glorious. but somehow i found things to enjoy about other years, things that cemented my love of the cowboys. i don't love the cowboys because they are superbowl winners, i love them cus i'm from TEXAS and because my dad loves them and my brother and my wife and my mom. i love them because when i walk down the street in the heart of the hood in washington, dc. and someone sees my cowboy hat, they give me a knowing nod, reach out their fist and say "nice hat." i love the cowboys because in 1989, as terrible as that year was, we found a way to come into d.c.--not maryland, mind you, but washington, D.C.--and beat them for our lone win. i love them because they fight and scrap and do what they can to entertain us and bring us together, even when ownership is a deranged egomaniac without the good sense to stop destroying that which he clearly loves. i love the cowboys because i am a EXPLETIVE cowboys fan. i love them because when we don't have hall of fame qb's, we have qb's that take a beating, get crucified, and still come back the next year to try as hard as they can. i love the cowboys because they're ours, and win lose or draw, that'll never change.

appreciate what we have, the good times and the bad, have faith that the good outweighs the bad, and remember WE are the cowboys.

Freaking awesome post right there. Possibly the best I've ever seen on this site. Hat's off to you Danny.

#79 Dazzy

Dazzy

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationMedazzaland

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

:rolleyes: not embarrassed...im a Cowboys fan, and that will never change, regardless of how good or bad they play or whatever.

#80 couchcoach

couchcoach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Great, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And just to be clear we don't ever want to see you post here again. If the Cowboys win the SuperBowl next year or whenever, or go on an incredible run and you come back here on this board, you will be considered a bandwagon fan.

You have zero credibility now. Goodbye. Go root for the Giants or the Eagles so we Cowboys fans can hate you more.

Lighten up Francis, he's just venting and mourning expectations not met.

Problem is, and most of us saw this coming, was the tease. Be bad, be 5-11 and don't get so close and screw the pooch again. Don't take me to the very edge and then drop me off. The Dallas Cowboys are the greatest foreplay team in the game.

And I confess, they got me too. I just knew we'd lose those last two but the minute that Saints game started, I dumped that and went all in. Be dammed if I didn't so the same thing the following week and had not completely given up until Romo's hat trick and if we'd won, I'd have done the same knowing Seattle was a terrible match up for us.

Part of me thinks 'hey, the last two games were relevant and went down to the wire, we had a chance, why be down'?. And part of me thinks 'damm you for teasing me, I can't trust you. You'll just screw it up again'.

Even though my expectations were met at 8-8, I still could not contain my hope. And I'll be double dammed, I am right back at it. Giving the team and all these mummies we hired as coaches, cause they've got more wrinkles than Jones that's why they're here, the benefit of the doubt and deciding to believe again.

Embarrassed? Hell. I'm far too masochistic to be embarrassed. It's just a game.