You are here

Photo

Pick up Ed Reed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 jsipes

jsipes

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I am a Cowboys fan, so obviously seeing all this talent and being on the precipice without getting the playoffs is upsetting. I think this is simply the side effects of not having enough guys playing to WIN. They play not to lose. Ed Reed has won the Super Bowl and is a great leader who would make 2 or 3 plas per game that would seal victories, and the Cowboys would see the glass more as half full. That would make this team DANGEROUS. And I mean Super Bowl XLVIII Dangerous. This could put us over the top. Just think about it Jerry

#2 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

We need more than an aging, injury plagued safety to get us over the hump.

With that said though I would still love to have him on this team at the right price
What I came to realize is that fear, that's the worst of it. That's the real enemy. So, get up, get out in the real world and you kick that ******* as hard as you can right in the teeth. - Walter White

#3 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Ed Reed is either going to be a Raven or a Patriot next season.

THIS MAN WILL KILL IT THIS YEAR!!

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#4 Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Two years ago we could have had Ray Lewis.

#5 HowBoutDemBoys

HowBoutDemBoys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

He wanted a ring and was smart enough to see that wasnt going to happen on this horrible team.
Ok, here's my updated 17 round mock with 10 trades and secondary mock in the event a new draft in the event we sign a certain coach.

#6 jsipes

jsipes

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Ed Reed is either going to be a Raven or a Patriot next season.

Trust me, if the Cowboys payed Ed Reed money, he'd come to Dallas. As we all know, with the Cowboys a lot of talent just isn't enough

#7 dcfan89

dcfan89

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Trust me, if the Cowboys payed Ed Reed money, he'd come to Dallas. As we all know, with the Cowboys a lot of talent just isn't enough

It makes no sense for the Cowboys to shell out money to a player who is on the decline and has been injury prone lately. He'll stay with Ravens or go to a team that is a Super Bowl contender, not the Cowboys.

Note to self: using "production" meaning just the box score stats is wrong. Disruption is production.

I'm the biggest "hater" of Trent Murphy, because most of his weaknesses are common traits for successful edge-rushers. He's at best a late 2nd, early 3rd.

#8 Futrdoc

Futrdoc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts
  • LocationIn a land far, far away

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

He wanted a ring and was smart enough to see that wasnt going to happen on this horrible team.

Wasn't his choice not to come here. Its was JJs. His direction was "more youthful". Look where that's gotten us, and the Ravens...

11133770.jpg "Good Luck, and DON'T  funk it UP!!!!!"

#9 94MikeB96

94MikeB96

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

It would be good to have ed reed.

#10 Optimo J

Optimo J

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationMD/DC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

I seriously doubt that, I think he was just trying to get more money out of them lol

#11 deathstar2222

deathstar2222

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

I have a feeling Ed Reed want's to retire, just a thought I have lol. Idk why he would want to come here though and end is amazing career with a team that has potential but is mediocre.

Dez_Mo_061213_650-2.jpg

Dunbar_090313_650.jpg

#12 robchap

robchap

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

not sure Ray would have made much a difference the past 2 years and now he's retiring and we would be back to square 1. I think the time was better spent on Lee and Carter, now we just need to keep them on the field. Much to Jerry's dismay, this team is not 1 big name player away from being a contender.

#13 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I have a feeling Ed Reed want's to retire, just a thought I have lol. Idk why he would want to come here though and end is amazing career with a team that has potential but is mediocre.

Reed has said plenty of times hes not going to retire this year. He will either resign with Baltimore or sign with the Pats who are supposed to be gearing up on going hard for him.

THIS MAN WILL KILL IT THIS YEAR!!

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg