On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Knile Davis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Really exciting RB that got hurt his ankle and didn't show the same burst after the injury. Just blazed a 4.3 40 at 230 pounds. I think he found it.

Kid reminds me of Murray on tape a bit. Def. worth a look in the mid rounds.

#2 Prospect

Prospect

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I want a durable running back. Makes no sense to draft Murray's back up only to have someone with injury concerns like Murray.

ba1dcf4653821740738bdd7c99fcfabc.png

Ahmad Dixon - S, Dallas Cowboys

"I've always been counted out"

#3 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

He's a late round guy that has serous fumble issues. Doubt hes a guy that will do well early as he needs to be walking around with a football in his arms 12 hours a day and hope he works that out. Otherwise, hes a good player and id definitely take a look at him.

THIS MAN WILL KILL IT THIS YEAR!!

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#4 beware d-ware

beware d-ware

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

I will take talent in the late rounds wherever I can get it.

rsz_12781157_zpsd4d9a7a2.jpg

#5 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

With 31 reps at 225, and running a 4.3 40 he might find himself in the second or third round. Comparable to David Wilson, with fumbling problems a little less durable but his times are going to move him up the draft.

#6 beware d-ware

beware d-ware

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

With 31 reps at 225, and running a 4.3 40 he might find himself in the second or third round. Comparable to David Wilson, with fumbling problems a little less durable but his times are going to move him up the draft.

Wow. I didn't know that. Those are some insane numbers. I guess I was completely wrong: even with injuries, he sounds like he's going to be a second day pick.

rsz_12781157_zpsd4d9a7a2.jpg

#7 AllSaddleNoHorse (PC)

AllSaddleNoHorse (PC)

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,586 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

I want a durable running back. Makes no sense to draft Murray's back up only to have someone with injury concerns like Murray.

I'd like to see the Cowboys pick up an RB that understands the way run plays develop, knows how blockers open holes for RBs, and has the size to bull rush his way into the end zone when the Cowboys are at the goal line.

Knile Davis is a HUGE RED FLAG to me though.

http://www.nfl.com/c...avis?id=2540178

Overview

Injuries have limited Davis since high school, but his talent when healthy is undeniable. He missed the 2011 season with a broken left ankle suffered in August after sitting out most of his junior and senior years in high school with collarbone and right ankle injuries. He then aggravated the ankle and broke his collarbone in the spring of 2010, but eventually recovered –- much to the chagrin of SEC defenses.

He only received 33 carries his freshman year at Fayetteville (163 yards, four TD) and averaged just five totes per game the first month of the 2010 season. Then the floodgates opened due to injuries to others (running back Dennis Johnson, receiver Greg Childs); Davis wound up leading the SEC in rushing with 1,322 yards and 13 scores, including a strong 152-yard performance in the Razorbacks’ upset of LSU. Conference coaches named first-team All-SEC for his accomplishments.

In his junior year, it was obvious that injuries had taken their toll on Knile’s game. He lacked the same speed and power that had had displayed in 2010. Davis spent much of the year overshadowed by his teammate, Dennis Johnson. Davis only registered 112 carries for 377 yards and 2 touchdowns, as Johnson saw the majority of the carries. Davis also did not suit up for two games this season.

Analysis

Strengths
Big-bodied north-south runner. Has a thick lower-body build and runs with enough forward lean to run through arm tackles. Agile enough to spin off tackles inside and hurdle would-be tacklers in the open field. Can use the strength he builds in the weight room to be a physical pass protector, aware enough to hit multiple targets. Provides some receiving skills as a check-down option over the middle and handling good throws in the flat.

Weaknesses

Has a long injury history, missing time or playing hurt in every season of his college career, in addition to the final two years of his of his high school career. Runs a bit top-heavy, gets tripped up easily in space, especially before he gets his head of steam. Inconsistent taking on tacklers at the second level, will try to run around them instead of using his strength. Inconsistent protecting his quarterback, resorts to (and misses) cut blocks. Lack of hip flexibility hurts his ability to adjust to poor throws as a receiver. Was unable to display adequete foot quickness in his final season.

NFL Comparison
Corey Dillon

Bottom Line
Davis is a bruising back who has struggled with injuries since high school, lost his entire 2011 season due to a broken ankle, and failed to look like the same player in 2012 as he was in 2010. In 2010, Davis sparked the Razorbacks with an impressive late-season surge when he led SEC with 1,322 rushing yards, 13 scores. His power and burst in the open field make him tough to stop when all his parts are in working order; but this has proved to be a struggle for Davis.

That is one head ache that would be better off on some other team other than the Dallas Cowboys. He might light it up when he is healthy, but, his being healthy is the key problem. When he goes against the best every week for a 16 game season it will be tougher to keep him healthy at the NFL level.

pjbz9K4.jpg

You can't even be paper champions when you are cowboys that are all saddle and no horse.

#8 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

That's ridiculous. It seriously might be one of the most impressive combine performance for the position given his size. I don't see how he makes it past the 3rd round now.

NFL team's love guys with size that can run.

#9 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

[size=4]

That's ridiculous. It seriously might be one of the most impressive combine performance for the position given his size. I don't see how he makes it past the 3rd round now.

NFL team's love guys with size that can run.

His injuries and fumble problems will keep him at a day 3 pick.

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#10 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Murray 2.0

#11 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

[size=4]

Murray 2.0

I think Murray holds onto the ball better, but essentially, yes. And we dont need another 1. We need someone more durable.

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#12 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think Murray holds onto the ball better, but essentially, yes. And we dont need another 1. We need someone more durable.

If the kid is more talented as a complete back and could compete for starting time I'd much rather take him as opposed to a "scat back."

#13 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

[size=4]

If the kid is more talented as a complete back and could compete for starting time I'd much rather take him as opposed to a "scat back."

The kid wont be competing for anything if he cant hold onto the ball.

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#14 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

fixable...The Giants obviously have no problem handing the starting job over to their pick last year who struggled early.

#15 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

[size=4]

fixable...The Giants obviously have no problem handing the starting job over to their pick last year who struggled early.

No doubt, but we arent the Giants and dont have what they do... Saying just copy the Giants doesnt nessicarilly work.

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#16 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

No doubt, but we arent the Giants and dont have what they do... Saying just copy the Giants doesnt nessicarilly work.

not saying copy them, it's just a pretty comparable situation

#17 94MikeB96

94MikeB96

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I will take talent in the late rounds wherever I can get it.

There is no doubt that this guy is an athlete, but he has fumbling problems, after the injury he's hasn't been the same. We need a big back, that has speed, can find or even power through holes, we need a back that is durable and that can be able to move the chains, and get that 1st down. A back that take over when murray is injured. And that back is Dennis Johnson. He's the talent that we need and can get in the late rounds. He's another back from Arkansas, he was back up to Knile Davis. He is listed as 5' 9" 213 pounds. this guy is a bowling ball. He makes contact and carries 3-4 guys with him to make yardage. He is hard to tackle. If we can get him, He can be our MJD or Ray Rice. He is a good compliment of power and speed. He can be the second back behind Demarco Murray. But with Murray and his history of injuries and not knowing if he will be able to stay on the field for an entire season. Dennis Johnson can jump in and carry the load, he did it when Knile Davis got injured, and he gradually earned more playing time over Knile Davis. He runs hard inside and outside, hes hard to bring down, he has nice receiving abilities, and he has been one of the best kick returners in the SEC every year that he has played, averaging 24.3 yards per return and three touchdowns in his career. His size would help him because he can hide behind the big guys upfront. He is projected to go in the 5-6 round. I would love to get him. Plus he didn't play with a good O-Line, he has good vision and he makes great cuts. Just check him out and tell me what you think.
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=VecKrAA-pbo
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JGUuKQBzERw
http://m.youtube.com...feature=related