#821 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,537 posts
  • LocationPJG - East Coast Chapter

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:20 PM

Watching episode after episode of M*A*S*H on TV Land.  I've always considered it one of the best shows ever, but I have to admit I'd forgotten just how incredible it was.  Now that I'm watching it, I believe there's never been another show that comes close!

Guest stars, before they were famous:

Patrick Swayze

Andrew Dice Clay

George Wendt

....and that's in the past 2 episodes.

• gamewatcher and sulu1701 like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#822 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

Watching episode after episode of M*A*S*H on TV Land.  I've always considered it one of the best shows ever, but I have to admit I'd forgotten just how incredible it was.  Now that I'm watching it, I believe there's never been another show that comes close!

Guest stars, before they were famous:

Patrick Swayze

Andrew Dice Clay

George Wendt

....and that's in the past 2 episodes.

Had to be one of the best written shows, and Alan Alda directed  a lot of the later episodes

The Only Reason For Time Is So That Everything Doesn't happen At Once - Buckaroo Banzai

Whose Wine,What Wine, Where The Hell Did I Dine? - Peter Frampton

If You Ever Get Annoyed Look At Me I'm Self Employed, I Love To Work At Nothin All Day - BTO

The Ocean Is A Desert With Its Life Underground And A Perfect Disguise Above - AmericaIMG_3160_zps002a59ae.png

#823 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,620 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

Jessica Jones Season 2 Coming 2018:

n6T7bEg.jpg

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#824 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 will arrive sooner than previously thought! While a specific date wasn't provided, it's now expected the week after Inhumans (which debuts on Friday, Sep. 29,) completes its 8-episode run.

Consequently, should Inhumans run uninterrupted, then Agents of SHIELDSeason 5 will premiere on Friday, November 24, 2017. Still, given the unknown variables (and that it's the day after Thanksgiving), you may want to simply pencil in that date and just take to heart that Agents of SHIELDwill, indeed, be back within 2017.

• Juggernaut likes this

The Only Reason For Time Is So That Everything Doesn't happen At Once - Buckaroo Banzai

Whose Wine,What Wine, Where The Hell Did I Dine? - Peter Frampton

If You Ever Get Annoyed Look At Me I'm Self Employed, I Love To Work At Nothin All Day - BTO

The Ocean Is A Desert With Its Life Underground And A Perfect Disguise Above - AmericaIMG_3160_zps002a59ae.png

#825 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,105 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:36 AM

....Wow this thread is still active....I'm impressed!

I should add something to it, but I can't really think of much...I haven't been watching a lot of TV....on purpose!

I did watch some of the new "Gotham"..... or Batman...the early years.   I saw a little of the "Robot Wars."

I haven't looked ,but I'm pretty sure many shows are starting their season premiers...enjoy!                         popcorn_star.gif

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#826 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,620 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

Game of Thrones - Season 7 Episode 7: The finale felt like the beginning. The wait for next season is going to suck.

My nephew says it may not come until 2018!
It'll give Daenerys enough time to lose the weight they tried to hide. Lol

9NlYF3l.png

News recently broke that the final season’s episodes could come in at around $15 million each, and that the show will bring back directors Miguel Sapochnik and David Nutter.

We assembled a team of directors this year who have been in charge of some of our big episodes in the past,” John Bradley, who plays Sam Tarly on the show, told HuffPost. “Miguel and David have done some of the standout episodes of previous seasons. Clearly every single episode of the six you’ve got left in Season 8 is gonna be monumental and needs somebody at the helm who’s done that kind of high-stakes, high-octane direction before for us.”

I think what we used to call Episode 9 in ‘Game of Thrones’ folklore — the episode when everything comes to a head and you get a lot of spectacular sequences — I think you’re gonna get six ‘Episode 9s’ this year,” Bradley added. “You can tell that because we’ve got directors who have been in charge of some of the most huge setpieces in the past doing episodes all throughout the season.

Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are set to direct the finale, which Bradley calls “poetic.”

It’s in the right hands there,” the actor said. “They know everything about the show. They’ve been in charge of everything ― every key decision in all seven seasons so far has been made by David and Dan. I think they’ve done an incredible job with this series. They deserve everything they get, and they deserve the right to finish this show off in the way they see fit. I don’t think there’s anybody better qualified, so I can’t wait.

www.huffingtonpost.com/game-of-thrones-star-says-every-episode-of-season-8-is-monumental

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#827 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,537 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:15 PM

Just watched 3/4 of the first episode of Inhumans. I won't be watching any more of it......Gonna try The Gifted and see if it's any better.

After watching the first episode, The Gifted is much better, IMO.

• gamewatcher and Juggernaut like this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#828 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,620 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Just watched 3/4 of the first episode of Inhumans. I won't be watching any more of it......Gonna try The Gifted and see if it's any better.

After watching the first episode, The Gifted is much better, IMO.

I agree and I watched the full first episode of Inhumans. While watching the stinger at the end, I said "why didn't she do that eariler?" to myself. I liked The Gifted more as well. Hopefully we learn more about the fate of the X-Men.

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#829 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,537 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:43 AM

I agree and I watched the full first episode of Inhumans. While watching the stinger at the end, I said "why didn't she do that eariler?" to myself. I liked The Gifted more as well. Hopefully we learn more about the fate of the X-Men.

I'm sure they're just laying low, regrouping, whatever happened.  Is there a movie I missed, or is this the first mention of them disappearing? 

wOZF2v4.jpg

#830 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,620 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:02 AM

I'm sure they're just laying low, regrouping, whatever happened.  Is there a movie I missed, or is this the first mention of them disappearing? 

In Logan (2017), the X-Men no longer exist. I don't want to spoil why if you haven't seen it. But that is irrelevant because Matt Nix, the writer and producer of The Gifted, claimed the show takes place in a "different time stream."

• Runwildboys likes this

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#831 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,537 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:49 AM

In Logan (2017), the X-Men no longer exist. I don't want to spoil why if you haven't seen it. But that is irrelevant because Matt Nix, the writer and producer of The Gifted, claimed the show takes place in a "different time stream."

Hmm, I wonder if that's the time stream from the movie Days of Futures Past....and no, I haven't seen Logan yet, and I appreciate your discretion!   :)

Right now, I'm watching Ancient Aliens on History Channel...........These people are certifiable, all convinced that aliens messed with our DNA to make us the humans we are now. 

• Juggernaut likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#832 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,620 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hmm, I wonder if that's the time stream from the movie Days of Futures Past....and no, I haven't seen Logan yet, and I appreciate your discretion!   :)

Right now, I'm watching Ancient Aliens on History Channel...........These people are certifiable, all convinced that aliens messed with our DNA to make us the humans we are now. 

Coincidentally both do feature the mutant Blink, but X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) hit the story line reset button so 20th Century Fox Studios could justify rebooting the franchise and bring back previously killed characters.

I think Matt Nix is saying the show exists separate from the movies. However, it may share the same time stream as the X-Men television show Legion because it is also separated from the movies. It'd just be further in the future.

It'd be great if Fox would allow the X-Men to rejoin the Marvel Cinematic Universe like Sony did with Spider-Man.

I couldn't agree with you more about the History Channel providing an outlet to these nutcase conspiracy theorists. Although there are much worse wacko conspiracy theorists out there and unfortunately they can and do find an audience that listens to and believes them. If you're curious about seeing one, here's a hilarious Last Week Tonight 22 minute long segment about one of the worst crackpots that reminds me of a clone of convicted snake oil salesman Kevin Trudeau spliced with a heaping pile of batshіt: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyGq6cjcc3Q

• Runwildboys likes this

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#833 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,537 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

Coincidentally both do feature the mutant Blink, but X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) hit the story line reset button so 20th Century Fox Studios could justify rebooting the franchise and bring back previously killed characters.

I think Matt Nix is saying the show exists separate from the movies. However, it may share the same time stream as the X-Men television show Legion because it is also separated from the movies. It'd just be further in the future.

It'd be great if Fox would allow the X-Men to rejoin the Marvel Cinematic Universe like Sony did with Spider-Man.

I couldn't agree with you more about the History Channel providing an outlet to these nutcase conspiracy theorists. Although there are much worse wacko conspiracy theorists out there and unfortunately they can and do find an audience that listens to and believes them. If you're curious about seeing one, here's a hilarious Last Week Tonight 22 minute long segment about one of the worst crackpots that reminds me of a clone of convicted snake oil salesman Kevin Trudeau spliced with a heaping pile of batshіt: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyGq6cjcc3Q

Oh, holy crap, thanks for the link!!  I'd never heard of that show or John Oliver, he's friggin' hilarious!!!.............and Alex Jones is....well, I can't believe people like that actually exist! 

• Juggernaut likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#834 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,620 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

Oh, holy crap, thanks for the link!!  I'd never heard of that show or John Oliver, he's friggin' hilarious!!!.............and Alex Jones is....well, I can't believe people like that actually exist! 

You're welcome.

Last Week Tonight is a weekly half hour show on Sunday night on HBO. The show features a humorous news summary in the beginning and then John Oliver takes a controversial subject, breaks down the opposing arguments, uses a team of researchers for information, and with the help of his team of comedy writers he tries to inject humor into his presentation of the subject matter, including hyperbolic metaphors, satirical analogies, and allusions to popular culture. Sometimes the results are whimsically silly and other times the satire is quite biting.

I don't have HBO, as you already know, but fortunately Last Week Tonight puts every episode on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/LastWeekTonight/videos

Enjoy!

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#835 Runwildboys

Runwildboys

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,537 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

You're welcome.

Last Week Tonight is a weekly half hour show on Sunday night on HBO. The show features a humorous news summary in the beginning and then John Oliver takes a controversial subject, breaks down the opposing arguments, uses a team of researchers for information, and with the help of his team of comedy writers he tries to inject humor into his presentation of the subject matter, including hyperbolic metaphors, satirical analogies, and allusions to popular culture. Sometimes the results are whimsically silly and other times the satire is quite biting.

I don't have HBO, as you already know, but fortunately Last Week Tonight puts every episode on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/LastWeekTonight/videos

Enjoy!

When I went to the link you provided in the earlier post, I saw several other episodes, but haven't had a chance to watch any yet... . But I definitely will.
  • Juggernaut likes this

wOZF2v4.jpg

#836 gamewatcher

gamewatcher

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,105 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Texas

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

:)

D84XPP3.png

"You have made me very angry ...very angry indeed !..  sleazy-422.gif

https://youtu.be/3Ai40JoNyYE

#837 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Landry Hat

• Members
  • 30,620 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

GrnpPCX.gif

Strangers Things 2 Final Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZXOOLMJ8s

Qm9qBfi.jpg

#838 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:53 AM

disagree....if anyone claims to like or watch that honey booboo show, I swear....lol

I like that show "honey I got a booboo".

It'll Be Fine :P 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users