You are here

Photo

Cowboys Current Cap Space

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,241 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

The Dallas Cowboys were almost $20 million over the salary cap when the offseason began, but the restructuring of contracts and releasing of some players put the team in a better situation after the NFL draft. 

PODCAST Baylor head coach Art Briles joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss what kind of player the Cowboys are getting in Terrance Williams.

Listen listen.png

The Cowboys are a little more than $5 million under the salary cap. They will pick up an additional $2 million when the release of defensive end Marcus Spears takes effect June 1. 

That means the Cowboys will have $7 million available to sign draft picks and free agents. That figure could increase if right tackle Doug Free is released (saving $7 million) or takes a pay cut (an undetermined amount of savings). 

Defensive end Anthony Spencer is under contract for $10.6 million, but his cap number could be decreased if he is signed to a long-term deal. 

The Cowboys want to have salary-cap space during the season in the event obtaining a veteran free agent is necessary due to injury. Last season, the Cowboys signed Charlie PeprahBrady PoppingaBrian SchaeferingErnie Sims and Anthony Armstrong because of injuries. 

Right now, the Cowboys are on target to have enough space to take care of draft picks and free agents before and during the season.

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#2 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,241 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

Will go from 5-7, then to possibly more with us releasing or reducing free's number, then signing spencer long term!! I think the option will be to just sign spencer long term, they don't really want to part ways with him and or let him play for 10 million!

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker