On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

What's the use of Jason Garrett ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,438 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

if Callahan is given the Offensive playcalling duties by Jerry Jones?

What is Garrett going to be doing to earn that $5 million/season salary? Just walking around and looking pretty? Must be nice.

Oh, you say he'd be "managing" the team and coaches? Isn't that what Jerry is already doing as our Owner/GM by all the moves he makes with players and personnel all on his own?

You say where is the proof of that? Well...we all saw the live vid clip of the "war room" during the draft. Isn't it obvious that Garrett & Ciskowski were not happy trading down during the 1st round and the decisions made at that time by the Joneses? Isn't that what everyone has been harping about lately?

So tell me, what's the use of paying such a hefty salary and keeping Jason Garrett around if he loses his Offensive Coordinator "playcalling" duties?
We've got the best owner in the NFL. He prioritizes t.v. ratings over wins/championships.

The simple facts. Murray carries 20+ times/game = 11-0. Romo 40+ pass attempts/game = 1-23.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TxfuiN1PzAw

#2 Casper

Casper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,628 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

That's what the HC should be doing....not running the offense and defense. He should be looking at the big picture

defense-tony-romo.jpg?resize=500%2C600

#3 PRO STOCK

PRO STOCK

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Location50 miles north of Philly!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

Ummm I thought he was useless since the interim tag... actually since JJ hired him before mini-bum Phillips.

Being a REALIST is seeing this team for what it is,NOT what it MIGHT BE!!!!

#4 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

What is Garrett going to be doing to earn that $5 million/season salary? Just walking around and looking pretty? Must be nice.

Maybe Jerry will get him to wipe his glasses or shine the footballs.... who knows.  I don't want him on the sidelines, so whatever crap job Jerry can give him will be fine with me.  I think I will check to see if he can get a job hawking cotton candy or beer.  That's safe enough and will get him away from the play sheet and the red flags.

#5 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

I know one thing...Take JG out of the mix and all of a sudden Jerry is on the sideline wearing a headset and frequently sipping from a Gatorade flask...uh I mean bottle...and I AM NOT in favor of that.

#6 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

I know one thing...Take JG out of the mix and all of a sudden Jerry is on the sideline wearing a headset and frequently sipping from a Gatorade flask...uh I mean bottle...and I AM NOT in favor of that.

Does anyone have any evidence to prove Jerry isn't calling the shots from his booth already?  Chances are good this has been happening, especially this past season..

#7 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Does anyone have any evidence to prove Jerry isn't calling the shots from his booth already?  Chances are good this has been happening, especially this past season..

One of my buddies at work (Steelers fan) is absolutely convinced of this. He thinks Jerry is up there calling the plays, timeouts and everything. I just dont know about that. If that was going on we would have heard about it by now. Some ex player or coach would have told that. It would be common knowledge amongst the league and no self respecting coach or player would want to be a part of an organization being run like that. I dont think even Jerry would take it to that extreme.

#8 PRO STOCK

PRO STOCK

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

#9 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

One of my buddies at work (Steelers fan) is absolutely convinced of this. He thinks Jerry is up there calling the plays, timeouts and everything. I just dont know about that. If that was going on we would have heard about it by now. Some ex player or coach would have told that. It would be common knowledge amongst the league and no self respecting coach or player would want to be a part of and organization being run like that. I dont think even Jerry would take it to that extreme.

I'm not convinced that Jerry is coaching from the box, but I do believe he has a headset he can pick up and communicate with JG during games.

#10 PRO STOCK

PRO STOCK

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

Now everyone knows Jerrah is a showman, he would NOT have a flask he would have a Tiki Bar with a cabaƱa boy serving up fresh twisted martinis with his headset on from the sideline.

#11 chrispierce

chrispierce

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,492 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Exactly!!!...What is the point of having a head coach at all.He has no authority at all...he doesn't get to pick his staff,pick players in the draft,reprimand players for playing poorly....and now it's not calling plays..( which I don't mind because he sucks at it)..but how are the players going to respect him,when he is in control of nothing.This whole team is cherry picked together by Jones.and I don't know of any team in this league being run this way.If I'm Garrett,I'm leaving ASAP...

#12 DDdave

DDdave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,148 posts
  • LocationNew Market, MD

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

We will find out what JG's role is soon enough.

Cowboys 2014 wish list. Improved game management, defense, trenches, run game. Fewer injuries. Win the NFCE! Bacon for everyone!! GO COWBOYS!!!

#13 diehardblues

diehardblues

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,915 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

Is it official Jason isn't calling the plays? Jer E didn't make that crystal clear.

hHQfeZD.jpg

It's Greg. I changed my screen name.

#14 brailing

brailing

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

I just hope this is Callahan's offence to run and not just calling JG sorry ass plays...burn that play book...let the OC call his own plays...Please!!

1320782135_cobra_cat.gif

#15 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

His stellar offensive scheme.

$%28KGrHqN,%21pcE7Bcvmh6+BPDhOFn3%29%21~

#16 dpearsonlives

dpearsonlives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Warm

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I thought everybody understood that Jason is Jerry Jones bum boy.

#17 SafetyBlitz

SafetyBlitz

Professional Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Somebody has to send the plays onto the field without anyone knowing Jerry is doing it. This way after the first loss Callahan can be called an idiot for a few weeks then there will be a big announcement that Garrett will be calling plays and he can go back to being the idiot that can't call plays when all along we know its the idiot owner. If it get's too hot again they'll "say" Romo is calling the plays then when that blows up and the team is 2-9 orton can take over. Does it really matter who's callin the plays when you suck?

#18 CPanther95

CPanther95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

Cannon fodder.

Ba_zfneCQAE9n88.png

#19 oakclifford22

oakclifford22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Oh, you say he'd be "managing" the team and coaches? Isn't that what Jerry is already doing as our Owner/GM by all the moves he makes with players and personnel all on his own?

You say where is the proof of that? Well...we all saw the live vid clip of the "war room" during the draft. Isn't it obvious that Garrett & Ciskowski were not happy trading down during the 1st round and the decisions made at that time by the Joneses? Isn't that what everyone has been harping about lately?

So tell me, what's the use of paying such a hefty salary and keeping Jason Garrett around if he loses his Offensive Coordinator "playcalling" duties?

your post "made my liver hurt"........."As my old P.E. coach would say......lol"

#20 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts
  • LocationPadded Bacon Cell

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

He will be the one that brings number 6 7 and 8