You are here

Photo

What's the use of Jason Garrett ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#41 Dr. T

Dr. T

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • LocationRocky Mountains

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

I know one thing...Take JG out of the mix and all of a sudden Jerry is on the sideline wearing a headset and frequently sipping from a Gatorade flask...uh I mean bottle...and I AM NOT in favor of that.

:lol:  so true! I can see Jerry doing this

#42 NorthernCowboy

NorthernCowboy

Draftee

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

This is the year that Jason Garrett must show the teams improvement.  If the team goes 10-6 11-5 he will be here for a long time to come if not Jerry will probably find a way to let him go and bring in a big name. I personally think Garrett has this team headed in the correct direction and I expect to see a vastly improved team this year.  If not for the injury bug that hit us really hard last year I think we would have made the playoffs. I don't think we would have gone far but we would have been in the show. This team plays hard for Garrett and never quits. Since garrett has been here we have added a little more talent and a little more depth every year and our Drafts have gotten much better. He is a smart guy and smart guys usually find a way to win. It just takes a little time

#43 America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts
  • LocationSouthern Tip of Texas

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

This is the year that Jason Garrett must show the teams improvement. If the team goes 10-6 11-5 he will be here for a long time to come if not Jerry will probably find a way to let him go and bring in a big name. I personally think Garrett has this team headed in the correct direction and I expect to see a vastly improved team this year. If not for the injury bug that hit us really hard last year I think we would have made the playoffs. I don't think we would have gone far but we would have been in the show. This team plays hard for Garrett and never quits. Since garrett has been here we have added a little more talent and a little more depth every year and our Drafts have gotten much better. He is a smart guy and smart guys usually find a way to win. It just takes a little time

I hope you are right.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

498f9285-1bef-4906-8b68-7e8c1e23e63d_zps

#44 Sonicxtacy02

Sonicxtacy02

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

He's here because someone has to take the fall for the problems should they occur.  Cant blame em on Newman Jenkins or Felix anymore.

#45 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts
  • LocationRiding my Harley

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Does anyone have any evidence to prove Jerry isn't calling the shots from his booth already?  Chances are good this has been happening, especially this past season..

Cant you see Jerry calling down to the field. "Run the end around the next play". Jerry,we cant the defense is playing now. :D

What would you do for a Klondike bar? :lol:

The grass does not grow on the places where we stop and stand---Riverbottom Nightmare Band!

#46 Trout31

Trout31

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I hate to say this..... but...... The Cowboys are run ....just like the Raiders with Al Davis

A head coach as no ...if little say in the descsion making!

Garret is just a figure head...... the Real Coach is Jerry Jones!!!!!!!!!

#47 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,063 posts
  • LocationWilliamsport, Pa

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

funny-photo-2cv87gd8zy-BACON-GREASE.jpg

Don, you should be stripped of your powers.

My kid goes to a private school....he won't tell me where it is!

He carries around a picture of the guy that came with the wallet!

I said 'Someday you'll have kids of your own', he said 'So will you!'

My wife told me to take out the garbage.  I said 'You cooked it, YOU take it out!'

I said to my best friend 'Who said my wife was easy', and he said 'Everybody!'

I bought a used car and found her dress in the back! 

#48 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,063 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

if Callahan is given the Offensive playcalling duties by Jerry Jones?

What is Garrett going to be doing to earn that $5 million/season salary? Just walking around and looking pretty? Must be nice.

Oh, you say he'd be "managing" the team and coaches? Isn't that what Jerry is already doing as our Owner/GM by all the moves he makes with players and personnel all on his own?

You say where is the proof of that? Well...we all saw the live vid clip of the "war room" during the draft. Isn't it obvious that Garrett & Ciskowski were not happy trading down during the 1st round and the decisions made at that time by the Joneses? Isn't that what everyone has been harping about lately?

So tell me, what's the use of paying such a hefty salary and keeping Jason Garrett around if he loses his Offensive Coordinator "playcalling" duties?

They had a meeting one day, and Jerry said "I'm concerned about our fan forum.  America's Cowboy needs something NEW to gripe about!" ;)   Just teasin', compadre!  BLT and a shot?

My wife told me to take out the garbage.  I said 'You cooked it, YOU take it out!'

#49 emmittstaubach

emmittstaubach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,063 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

I hope you are right.

Ditto!

#50 couchcoach

couchcoach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Is he making 5M?

What does any HC do that doesn't pull double duty?  Jimmy puts his hands on his knees and licked his lips.  Parcells glared at players.

Their job is not down on the sideline except to make the challenges, game critical decisons like going for it on 4th down and to overrule a play from either OC, DC or ST if they don't agree with it.  Some don't use that and just let the coach make his own calls like Wade did with Garrett.  Be dammed if I'd let the media tell me I only ran 11 rushing plays.

I strongly prefer he be a walkaround coach and not get involved with the play calling; however, according to Jones they want more involvement from Romo and that may be what Jones was referring to about hanging around VR more.  From what I've seen, Romo can read the defenses and make the calls properly.  So many plays breakdown, we don't necessarily project what would have happened if he'd had more OL in the backfield, and not on him, than DL.

It's really not fair to fault Garrett on all of the play calling.  Our execution leaves a lot to be desired and once it all goes south, I don't always go back and evaluate what could have happened if the play had been executed properly.   Not giving him a pass but it's not all on coaching or play calling. 

In Garrett's defense, we don't know what kind of single duty HC he is because we haven't seen that yet.  I will take him over Wade and he has the same record Parcells did.  I am pulling for him because when we change, we get that first year boost and then it all goes south.  It is a pattern I don't care to repeat. 

I know some get tired of his coachspeak but he's not giving the media much to play with, just like Romo.  They learned just how damaging those jackals can be.  Very few HC's like giving pc's to begin with and it is allways used against them in some form.

#51 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,209 posts
  • Location714

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

He has to ensure that we can maintain our average status.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#52 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,020 posts
  • LocationBacon Island

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

He has to ensure that we can maintain our average status.

And win the Superbowl with an average game

#53 Deathevokation

Deathevokation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

JG is not only as "yes man" and a rube, he's great for perpetually regurgitated topics in this forum dedicated to bashing him.  

tumblr_mbdq0lyqx01ra90n2o1_500.jpg

#54 Don

Don

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,064 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

from DMN

“It is significant that Romo has made the additional, significant commitment,” Jones said. “This implies that Romo was kind of taking it easy. That’s the furthest thing from the truth. But there’s a big difference when the quarterback gets in there with the coaches on an everyday basis and looks at hundreds of plays over the last couple of years of a particular opponent. Romo’s going to be involved to that extent. You and I know that when it’s your idea, when you’re the one that wants to run the play this way, would like to block it this way, we all know we do it a little better with our own ideas.”

WFKVUOB.gif

#55 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,213 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Scapegoat.

#56 TattedCowboyzFann

TattedCowboyzFann

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Question: What's the use of JG?

Answer: Well somebody has to count the funds from the Concession Stands.