#41 DDdave

DDdave

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,395 posts
  • LocationNew Market, MD

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Have you ever noticed it's called a BLT. Not LBT, LTB, TBL or TLB. It's BLT. I guess you could call it a BTL. It's just the natural order of things. Mmmmmmmmm........BACON!!!
  • daboys28, Juggernaut and SafetyBlitz like this

Cowboys 2015 wish list. Pass rushers. CB's that can turn and look for the ball. Run the ball on 3rd and 1. No empty backfield sets. No zone coverage ever. Win the NFCE again!! Bacon for everyone!! GO COWBOYS!!!

#42 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Bacon is the reason I live...

And may be the reason you don't live long.

#43 dmsdayii

dmsdayii

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

"But bacon tastes good" -Vincent Vega

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=u8UE4P8kB-c

• SafetyBlitz likes this

#44 Run the ball

Run the ball

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

I been seeing allot of posts about bacon so I though maybe we need a thread for this tasty pork product and we can share stories about BACON.

I like to take my bacon out in the woods find a tree with a knothole in it and place the bacon inside the knothole, crack a bottle, light a candle and just kinda hang out and see what happens. I also like to put on my best Dallas Cowboy hat for luck.

So whats your bacon story? That relates to the Cowboys.

I once ate bacon while watching the cowboys

• 1Cowboysdude likes this

#45 Shabazz

Shabazz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts
  • LocationDrive By Poster

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

True, but turkey bacon is sacrilegious

Other things that bring the love like bacon

Butter, Melted Cheese, Heavy cream.

Any foodie knows these items are key

For those of us in the south, ranch dressing is considered a mother sauce as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

#46 1Cowboysdude

1Cowboysdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

This one time, not at band camp, my wife cooked Smart Bacon for breakfast. She is now my ex-wife.

LMAO, nice!!! Good choice!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

jones.jpg

#47 1Cowboysdude

1Cowboysdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

and the downside woullllllddddddddddd beeeeeeee?   

At least I get to eat BACON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!  LMAO

Life without bacon is no life at all...

• Capn b and vomit like this

_____________________________________________________________________________________

jones.jpg

#48 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,125 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Bacon is the official breakfast meat on the DC Forum and not just because the sizzling, scintillating, salty. sweet, smoky, slabs of salaciousness are soulful. 

In every poster's heart, he knows bacon is not just food but an acronymn for that which stirs within our hearts as one, united in our quest to return to glory, joined at the hip and standing toe to toe against the Godless hordes from places like New York, Philiadelphia and Washington D.C.(DC especially since theyve got politicians and Redskins fans) that would try and take what is rightfully ours and ours alone.  This is what beats in our collective heart, what we yearn to return to in our dreams.

Bad

Asss

Cowboys

Own

NFL

• daboys28, vomit and SafetyBlitz like this

#49 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,125 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Rather to have lived a short life filled with debauchery and bacon than to have live to be 100 without it.  I find that a rasher of bacon actually gets me tuned up for some debauchery.  I can still debauch without it, but need breath mints instead.

• vomit likes this

#50 CPanther95

CPanther95

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,743 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Just finished up a few packs of bacon "steaks". They are cut into 1/4" thick slices and you only get 7-8 slices per pound. Makes the best BLT's and Bacon Cheeseburgers imaginable. They're also strong enough that you don't need a fork to eat cheesy scrambled eggs - you just use the bacon strip to scoop them up. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

fkcl8g7uvlgacuftjhh8.gif

$8200.00? Worth every penny.

#51 CPanther95

CPanther95

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,743 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Rather to have lived a short life filled with debauchery and bacon than to have live to be 100 without it.  I find that a rasher of bacon actually gets me tuned up for some debauchery.  I can still debauch without it, but need breath mints instead.

Wasn't it W.C. Fields that said, "“I spent half my fortune on bacon, alcohol, and wild women. The other half I wasted.”

• daboys28 likes this

fkcl8g7uvlgacuftjhh8.gif

$8200.00? Worth every penny.

#52 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,125 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Just finished up a few packs of bacon "steaks". They are cut into 1/4" thick slices and you only get 7-8 slices per pound. Makes the best BLT's and Bacon Cheeseburgers imaginable. They're also strong enough that you don't need a fork to eat cheesy scrambled eggs - you just use the bacon strip to scoop them up. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I've got bacoenvy.  Yours is bigger than mine.

#53 vomit

vomit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Cowboys Forum here so it needs a reason to be in the Dallas Cowboys Forum.

Official Bacon & Ham of the Dallas Cowboys

Official-Dallas-Cowboys-Bacon-1024x768.j

ahhhh.... there it is.

Simply Put: AWESOME!

Back in the heady days of my youth, a friend of mine and myself ate a 5lb pack of bacon in one sitting, at hunting camp.  My "coat" was shiny for a week.  I LOVE Bacon.

The Dallas Cowboys & Bacon: Hope, optimism, love.

Jerry Jones & Turkey "Bacon": Despair, pessimism, angst.

http://images.search...2=sg-gac&sado=1

poison.gif

#54 vomit

vomit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

And what of it, good sir? 

"You can have my bacon, when you pry it from my cold dead fingers."---Me

• Shabazz likes this

The Dallas Cowboys & Bacon: Hope, optimism, love.

Jerry Jones & Turkey "Bacon": Despair, pessimism, angst.

http://images.search...2=sg-gac&sado=1

poison.gif

#55 SafetyBlitz

SafetyBlitz

Professional Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Just finished my breakfast bacon. I gathered up the grease in a jar and went through the house and oiled all the hinges then put the jar up under the cabinet with all the other others.

• Capn b and vomit like this

#56 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,125 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Just finished my breakfast bacon. I gathered up the grease in a jar and went through the house and oiled all the hinges then put the jar up under the cabinet with all the other others.

I save mine for martinis.  Forget the olives, drop in a pig's knuckle.  Wonder how pigs crack their knuckles and does it bother the other pigs?  I know hooves on a chalkboard will drive them right off a cliff.

• Shabazz likes this

#57 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,300 posts
  • Locationlost

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

I save mine for martinis.  Forget the olives, drop in a pig's knuckle.  Wonder how pigs cracj their knuckles and does it bother the other pigs?  I know hooves on a chalkboard will drive them right off a cliff.

Romo is changing his name to bacon

Flag.jpg

#58 Shabazz

Shabazz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

So your using bacon as a utensil. I like where your going with this

maxresdefault.jpg

#59 Shabazz

Shabazz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

It is also superior to KY Jelly as well.  The viscosity holds up well under duress and the aroma is just a fringe benefit.

Of course neosporine is king because even as the destruction commences so does the healing.

Feel free to use that last one at a party, its a great conversation starter

• SafetyBlitz likes this

maxresdefault.jpg

#60 CouchCoach

CouchCoach

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 29,125 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

I been seeing allot of posts about bacon so I though maybe we need a thread for this tasty pork product and we can share stories about BACON.

I like to take my bacon out in the woods find a tree with a knothole in it and place the bacon inside the knothole, crack a bottle, light a candle and just kinda hang out and see what happens. I also like to put on my best Dallas Cowboy hat for luck.

So whats your bacon story? That relates to the Cowboys.

SB, you know this is going to draw the ire of the serious-minded that view the bacon bunch as a bunch of 5 year olds playing grabass and you've really pushed the limit with a bacon thread.  That little "That relates to the Cowboys" is a nice touch but about as subtle as a mynah bird with Tourette's. 

Do they use bacon thread on footballs. Do they still make them out of pigskin?  Hope not, don't want anyone messing with my chicharones.  Part of the unholy trinity that repels the fairer sexx.  The other two being Pink Floyd and The Three Stooges. 

Although, one time I did tune up,  turn the sound off on a series of Three Stooges filmettes and put on The Wall, which is why I am as I am today.  Don't try this at home.  It ain't the same as The Wizard of OZ and Dark Side of the Moon.  I think it would have been cool for The Floyd all to have had Larry and Moe haircuts.  Waters and Gilmore might have gotten along better, hard to hate on someone with that do.

Oh yeah, sorry, the thread.  Think the Three Stooges ate bacon?

• Shabazz, vomit and SafetyBlitz like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users