You are here

Photo

Is Romo a choker, a loser,or just has bad luck?(Playoffs)

Romo choker loser playoffs meow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 dandy don 52

dandy don 52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

Ok ,just something to talk about, I am not a Romo hater, In fact he is about the only player I have always

supported.

This is mainly about his playoff games, which you can read a summary of each from this link.

Dallas Playoffs

Just click on the playoff game of choice on the right side.

The only playoff game Romo has won , he did not throw a interception or have a fumble, which was the philly game,  his stats:

T. Romo 65.7 244 2 td's  0-int.

In all the other playoff games, and we could include the last 2 season ending games he has had int's and or fumbles.

In the wash game 16 2012 3 int's.

In the NY giants game 2011 1 int and 1 fumble

these 2 were sort of playoff games so I think they should be added in.

Now lets go back in time to the Seattle game.

Romo 17/29, 189 YDS, 1 TD..... and one really big fumble.

Matt Hasselbeck

#8 | QB | Seahawks

18/36, 240 YDS, 2 TD, 2 INT

so Was  this a choke, just a loser, or really bad luck?? the other QB had 2 int and won the game!

Now I might add for those who dont know, but the ball that Tony fumble was a brand new ball and as slick as they get, it might have even been a "trick ball" as after this the NFL changed the rules on who furnish the ball in a situation like this.

If only the center would have rough it up before the snap??

here is Tony's quote which is kinda prophetic?

Romo said after the game. "I take responsibility for messing up at the end there. That's my fault. I cost the Dallas Cowboys a playoff win, and it's going to sit with me a long time. I don't know if I have ever felt this low."

So this was the beginning of Romo the choker etc.

But I will add more later, but if you use the link and read about the playoff games it is hard to say what he is, all I know is he makes bad decisions in the big games, and almost always has fumbles or int's or both.

I am not saying he is the sole reason they lost these games, other players and coaches all did their part in the losses, but I am wondering if he he can play without mistakes in his next playoff game win or lose??

I think this is a key, because if the team loses, but no int's or fumbles by Romo, what can the media or haters say then? If he has those, then he gives them ample reason to say he is a choker.

Cowboys + Jason Garrett =  a poorly led team.

#2 dpearsonlives

dpearsonlives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Warm

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

Tony has the losers mentality and will never shake it. Too bad..he is a good guy.

#3 heathgs

heathgs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,864 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

So far it is a combination but that doesn't mean he can't win.

#4 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

Tony has the losers mentality and will never shake it. Too bad..he is a good guy.

Disagree, a loser mentality would mean he quits . He is to much of a competitor to be a loser. 

#5 PRO STOCK

PRO STOCK

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Location50 miles north of Philly!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

This team should feel lucky to have him pulling the trigger.

Being a REALIST is seeing this team for what it is,NOT what it MIGHT BE!!!!

#6 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

So far it is a combination but that doesn't mean he can't win.

True, the Op asked if he could play in a big game without throwing a pic and fumbling.  He's done it before. and that Seattle game shouldn't count on him as a QB. he was a holder on that play.  The Redskin game was the one game where I thought he sucked out of all the playoff games/playoff pending games. Even though his o-line sucked bad.   

#7 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,032 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

This team should feel lucky to have him pulling the trigger.

considering the other glaring weak spots, they definitely should. It's time to fix what's been wrong with the team and the reasons for the lack of playoff success..... and there's plenty.

$%28KGrHqN,%21pcE7Bcvmh6+BPDhOFn3%29%21~

#8 PRO STOCK

PRO STOCK

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Location50 miles north of Philly!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

considering the other glaring weak spots, they definitely should. It's time to fix what's been wrong with the team and the reasons for the lack of playoff success..... and there's plenty.

You need 3-4 likes for that post....

Being a REALIST is seeing this team for what it is,NOT what it MIGHT BE!!!!

#9 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,032 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

You need 3-4 likes for that post....

It's just amazing that he's labeled a choker considering no one on this team ever steps up. Not the GM, coaches, defense, ground game.. WRs dropping balls. A whole slew of mistakes all the way around. But it's just expected of the QB to get the job done in spite of those things. Then they try to compare him to QBs with some of the best teams in football?

$%28KGrHqN,%21pcE7Bcvmh6+BPDhOFn3%29%21~

#10 Pass Rush

Pass Rush

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,398 posts
  • LocationMissing in Action

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

Meh.  Romo could throw 25/25 for 283 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs and it would still be his fault if they lost because he didn't throw one more TD or gain 17 more yards.  Just sayin...

photo.jpg

Refined simplicity.

#11 jumbo075

jumbo075

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts
  • LocationGolden Colorado

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

Romo has choked.  Romo has lost.  Romo has also had bad luck.

I don't feel the need to put a label on him when his career is not yet complete.  Most successful people fail many times.  The reason they become successful is that they refuse to let failure define them.  If some fans want to define Romo by his past failures, that is their prerogative. I choose to maintain hope that he can overcome the disappointments of the past.

There are plenty of Superbowl QB's that did not succeed early in their careers:  Plunkett was the first overall pick of the 1971 draft, and was labelled a failure in New England.  He went on to win 2 Superbowls in his 11th and 14th years in the NFL.  Landry was the Coach who couldn't win the big game for the first decade of his career.  His failures against the Packers in 1966 and 1967, and then his loss to the Colts in 1970 could have defined him, and I'm sure did define him to a lot of the media and local fans of the Cowboys back in the 1960's.  Dan Marino failed in his only bid to the Superbowl.  John Elway was the guy who couldn't win the Superbowl in the 1980's.  Jim Kelly is in the Hall of Fame - despite losing 4 Superbowls in a row.  Fran Tarkenton was another guy who never won the big game. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer were certainly not looked on as winners before they won.  And Peyton Manning took didn't make it to the Superbowl until after his 144th regular season start.  Even the great Tom Brady has lost his last two Superbowls.  The best tight end in the history of the NFL, Tony Gonzalez didn't even play in a playoff game until his 13th year in the league.  Is he a loser?

And that is just in the sport of football.  History is replete with guys who were not considered winners - right up until the point they started winning.  The great Michael Jordan couldn't even get to an NBA final until his 9th year in the NBA.  The trainer for the great race horse Secretariat was considered washed up, until he came out of retirement to lead Meadow Stables to 5 out of 6 Triple Crown wins in 1972 and 1973.

All the fans who want to stamp LOSER or CHOKER on Tony Romo's forehead before the rest of the story is written are being too premature.  Romo HAS lost.  Romo HAS choked.  It doesn't mean that will always and forever be the case.  He can still write a different ending to the story.

I don't understand fans who take personal offense to the losing of the Cowboys.  It's like they feel ENTITLED to see the Cowboys win, and don't recognize that the NFL has changed.   It's like being married to a woman who always looks at your shortcomings, and never sees your strengths.  My feeling is that if you feel that way about the Cowboys, then go ahead and get divorced.  Go root for another team.  Quit torturing yourself by staying "married" to the Cowboys.  If you really think the grass is greener somewhere else, by all means leave.

The Cowboys are still one of only 3 teams with 5 or more Superbowl wins.  They are 1 of 2 teams with 8 Superbowl appearances.  Despite the frustration of the past 15 years or so, we have been blessed to root for a team like the Cowboys for the last 50+ years.  Our team is still known as America's team, and even though Dallas is not in the media centers of Washington, the Northeast, or LA, the Cowboys still command an inordinate amount of attention from the national media.  Instead of being embarassed, maybe sit back and count your blessings.  It makes for a much more enjoyable life.

I grow weary of those who only see the negative, and those who rush to join in the criticism.  It's like a family member rushing to agree with outsiders in criticizing another family member.  It is unseemly, and ungrateful.  I choose not to live an ungrateful life.  I am happy that I have the memories of the Cowboys wins in the Landry years, and in the early 90's.  Although I didn't like Parcells personally, I still enjoyed the success the Cowboys had from 2006-2009.  You get to choose the perspective you use to view the Cowboys from.  No one forces you to be negative.  That is a choice you make.

#12 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,772 posts
  • Location714

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

Simply put....you can't have turnovers and expect a victory.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#13 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Romo has choked.  Romo has lost.  Romo has also had bad luck.

Yea man..This is it. He has had it all. The problem is, he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. The highest profile and scrutinized position on one of the highest profile sports organizations in the world. Because of that, he bears the brunt of the responsibility. The QB typically gets too much of the blame and too much of the praise...but it comes with the territory. Unfortunately for Romo, his failures overshadow his successes because they typically are devastating at the most inopportune times in big moments. Hes also played well in some big games, but no one looks at that.

#14 kskboys

kskboys

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 30,870 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

Romo has not had the team to compete for the last 3 seasons.   All evaluations of him should be before that time, as QB play is pretty much irrelevant when your OL blows.  

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#15 Casper

Casper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

Romo has not had the team to compete for the last 3 seasons.   All evaluations of him should be before that time, as QB play is pretty much irrelevant when your OL blows.  

agreed....don't think any QB could have won with this team the last 3 years.....we may have slipped into the playoffs maybe but wouldn't be a force with a weak defense and non exisiten run game

#16 kskboys

kskboys

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 30,870 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

agreed....don't think any QB could have won with this team the last 3 years.....we may have slipped into the playoffs maybe but wouldn't be a force with a weak defense and non exisiten run game

Well said.  

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#17 jumbo075

jumbo075

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts
  • LocationGolden Colorado

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

Also agreed. But there is no excuse for them to miss the playoffs this season.  They have the team to do it, and the schedule to do it.  They might not yet be a championship caliber level team, but they are certainly a playoff level team this year.  2013 - NO EXCUSES!

#18 kskboys

kskboys

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 30,870 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Also agreed. But there is no excuse for them to miss the playoffs this season.  They have the team to do it, and the schedule to do it.  They might not yet be a championship caliber level team, but they are certainly a playoff level team this year.  2013 - NO EXCUSES!

Do we have the team to do it?    Good question.    Mostly it depends on finding a viable OL.    There are also some pretty major questions on D.     I would say they are a borderline playoff team.      I don't see our schedule as easy as some do.    Lotsa nasty games coming up.   I think we'll be pretty close to 8-8 again, but I dammmm sure hope I am wrong.  

#19 Pass Rush

Pass Rush

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,398 posts
  • LocationMissing in Action

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

Agreed... and I think the reason for this isn't a major improvement on the offensive line, but rather the conundrums that a multiple TE set force upon DCs.  Which, by the way, should be lights out with Dez and T Will on the outsides.

photo.jpg

Refined simplicity.

#20 e49dallasfan

e49dallasfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Isn't Choker and loser the same thing?

"I think Manziel has got great instincts. I think he'll be a fine player, but I don't think you want a Manziel when you have a franchise quarterback," Staubach told ESPN. "(Owner) Jerry (Jones) has paid (Romo) as a franchise. I think Tony is that. He's not the reason we're 8-8. That's my feeling," Staubach said.