On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

JJ Wilcox's mother passed away.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ✭DEZILLA!✭

✭DEZILLA!✭

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts
  • LocationQuincy, Illinois

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

I can't begin to describe how hard it is to lose a parent. My deepest condolences go out to him and his family. And judging by how great of a person JJ is, it's safe to say that Cowboys Nation lost a good hearted person today. If you have a Twitter, his name is @TheRealJJWilcox. We should all show him our support and do our best to help him through this any way we can.

• deathstar2222, The Bold, cowboyscrzygal and 3 others like this

FacebookBanner_zps2bf15f87.jpg

#2 blueberryicedcoffee

blueberryicedcoffee

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationBaconland

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

R.I.P Marshell Wilcox. Because of JJ's personality, we know his mother was a great person. 

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet princess, and may angels sing thee to thy rest.

200b69k.jpg

#3 jumbo075

jumbo075

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Lost my father when I was 21.  This is really tough for Wilcox.

#4 ✭DEZILLA!✭

✭DEZILLA!✭

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts
  • LocationQuincy, Illinois

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Lost my father when I was 21.  This is really tough for Wilcox.

Yeah, I lost my father too... it's going to be a very dark road for a while but JJ seems like the type of person to rise above it. His last Tweet was

Everyday u wake up take da time to tell da ppl who u care about da most how much u love em before it's too late!!! #beblessed

And on a positive note, she got to see her son's first interception.

• cowboyscrzygal likes this

FacebookBanner_zps2bf15f87.jpg

#5 Bless the Boys

Bless the Boys

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Prayers to JJ and the Wilcox family.

Lost my dad in May. Nothing harder. Hope they have their faith in Jesus. It makes it so much easier to deal with the lose of a loved one if you know you will see them again someday. May God give him the peace that can only come from him.

Jesus and I Love the Dallas Cowboys!

It's not about anything you've done, it's about whats been done for you.

#6 Original fan since 1975

Original fan since 1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,717 posts
  • LocationThe Jersey Shore

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Sorry to hear this! Lost my mom 7 years ago still think about her everyday! Stay tough J.J. you never forget but you live a little bit more each day. Condolences to you and your family!

#7 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Thoughts and prayers, JJ. 

Lurk more, post less.

"This is a team that has the ability to beat anyone in the league. At the same time, it’s a team capable of losing to anyone – and often in the most unimaginable ways. That is the definition of mediocre."  -David Helman

#8 Erod

Erod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Wow, terrible for a young man just about to see his horizons open up around him.  Peace to his family.

Bizarre stream of conscious thoughts now available via Twitter:  @ErodLives

#9 DDdave

DDdave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,735 posts
  • LocationNew Market, MD

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

My condolences to JJ and his family. I lost my dad 3 years ago. I still miss him dearly!!

JG IS NOT A HC!! RUN THE DANG BALL!! GO COWBOYS!!

#10 Pick6

Pick6

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationWestern North Carolina

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Thoughts and prayers young man.

#11 Lefty

Lefty

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

My thoughts are with him as well. I lost my mom when I was 9. It's hard no matter how old you are. 

#12 cowboyscrzygal

cowboyscrzygal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  • LocationKaty, Texas

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully J.J. and his family will take comfort knowing she is at peace and will suffer no more. My heartfelt condolences to him and his family.

And to all here who have lost a parent too soon, I'm so sorry for your losses as well. I lost my brother too young, which was hard enough. Thank goodness my parents are still alive, and moving in a few months less than 5 miles from me. I haven't lived in the same town as my parents in 30 years.

"Don't stop believin'...." ~ Journey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users