You are here

Photo

Exerting Self-Control

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
169 replies to this topic

#1 couchcoach

couchcoach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,921 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Folks, we are better than this. This is absolutely embarrassing that the Dallas Cowboys Forum cannot carry on a mature discussion regarding the QB of our team without the mods having to collectively suspend this topic. It was bad enough when I could see how discouraged they were to start new ones realizing they would have to police it more closely.

We get a lot of fans of other teams in here and for them to think we cannot even carry on a respectful conversation amongst ourselves does nothing to dispel those feelings of arrogance and entitlement of Cowboys fans. We cannot discuss the most polarized professional athlete in the land, our QB, without it denigrating into name calling?

This is not a the majority of the membership of this forum, it is a bunch that cannot exert enough self-control to stop from airing personal attacks against other posters which more times than not brings about retaliation.

I am asking that everyone take responsibility for this. I take a lot of pride in our forum and the members, for the most past, are a great bunch of fans and more importantly, really good people. Let's keep that foremost in this forum. We've lost good members before because of this and we will lose more if we do not take "ownership" of our own forum.

I, for one, would like to see more discussion about the player leading the league in completion percentage and just may be playing the best ball in his career.

#2 gdogg24

gdogg24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationPoint Place, WI

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

I only wish I could post that applauded gif from my iPad... And I won't get a chance to because this thread will probably get closed too.

Member since Aug 30, 2006 9055 posts + whatever it says here

"There is no substitute for winning, we must win, we will win, win is the name of the game"

oie_u2Jj5L7DQNwy_zps13e71431.jpg

#3 D3moN

D3moN

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

note to self: order new mouse after hitting "LIKE" so hard you just broke this one.

Formally "Hells1"
demonsig45_zpsda7c2265.png

#4 CPanther95

CPanther95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I don't mind the break. I get tired of defending him - then feeling dirty for doing so.

fkcl8g7uvlgacuftjhh8.gif

$8200.00? Worth every penny.

#5 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I agree but unfortunately this is impossible. He must never be named again. lol Seems ridiculous. People get heated... so what? That happens sometimes during debates. If the attacks get personal, then suspend the member, not resort to never talking about the QB of the football team. He's a member of the team and this is a Cowboy forum after all. Seems like an uphill battle and people will just continue to start threads that need to be locked anyway.

$%28KGrHqN,%21pcE7Bcvmh6+BPDhOFn3%29%21~

#6 Erod

Erod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Just mosey over to the Eagles board, look around, and ask yourself if that's what you want this site to become.

If you do, you won't, and you'll appreciate the higher standard required to pontificate in these parts.

Bizarre stream of conscious thoughts now available via Twitter:  @ErodLives

#7 blueberryicedcoffee

blueberryicedcoffee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,561 posts
  • LocationWhere the Light Is

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Thank you, couchcoach. This is one of the better posts I've seen on this forum.

7fuJtpl.jpg

#8 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,632 posts
  • Location714

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Coach!!!
Very high brow of you my good man. My wife Buffy and I are looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs at the country club for dinner and brandy. Cheerio.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#9 D3moN

D3moN

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I only wish I could post that applauded gif from my iPad... And I won't get a chance to because this thread will probably get closed too.

good-job.gif

Formally "Hells1"

#10 CPanther95

CPanther95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

good-job.gif

Ironic that you chose a gif from the only other large group that has a "he who must not be named" policy.

fkcl8g7uvlgacuftjhh8.gif

#11 gdogg24

gdogg24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

good-job.gif
There we go thanks man lol

"There is no substitute for winning, we must win, we will win, win is the name of the game"

#12 D3moN

D3moN

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Ironic that you chose a gif from the only other large group that has a "he who must not be named" policy.

planned, sir. ;)

Formally "Hells1"

#13 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts
  • Location15 miles from the Linc

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Folks, we are better than this. This is absolutely embarrassing that the Dallas Cowboys Forum cannot carry on a mature discussion regarding the QB of our team without the mods having to collectively suspend this topic. It was bad enough when I could see how discouraged they were to start new ones realizing they would have to police it more closely.

We get a lot of fans of other teams in here and for them to think we cannot even carry on a respectful conversation amongst ourselves does nothing to dispel those feelings of arrogance and entitlement of Cowboys fans. We cannot discuss the most polarized professional athlete in the land, our QB, without it denigrating into name calling?

This is not a the majority of the membership of this forum, it is a bunch that cannot exert enough self-control to stop from airing personal attacks against other posters which more times than not brings about retaliation.

I am asking that everyone take responsibility for this. I take a lot of pride in our forum and the members, for the most past, are a great bunch of fans and more importantly, really good people. Let's keep that foremost in this forum. We've lost good members before because of this and we will lose more if we do not take "ownership" of our own forum.

I, for one, would like to see more discussion about the player leading the league in completion percentage and just may be playing the best ball in his career.

Good post coach .  Its kinda funny to watch the point is debated for a while and then things start to escalate .  When things start really going in a bad direction someone has to realize it has crossed the line and just say we will agree to disagree and stop posting.

Not really rocket science curb your ego and stop typing .  Its crazy after all the negative things that have been said  Tony has a great game in part because of a balanced attack and we cant even discuss the positive effects of the running game and how he interacted with it .

Better days are commin  This to shall pass

#14 gdogg24

gdogg24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

There's a solution why don't we go back to calling him Voldemort, maybe we can do better than just ripping one off... How about we call him Bart Maxim!

#15 northernvacowboysfan

northernvacowboysfan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I for one agree with the OP, we can do better! 

#16 milesaway19

milesaway19

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I for one love it. So many threads get hijacked when they werent even about he who not be named in the first place.

#17 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Well said, as usual coach. Amen.

1675w5e.jpg

#18 cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

This is like a team meeting for posters

#19 CPanther95

CPanther95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

This is like a team meeting for posters

And just like a team meeting the monkey wrench will be the guy who missed the meeting because of "car trouble".

fkcl8g7uvlgacuftjhh8.gif

#20 winstar

winstar

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,128 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, TX

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

I maybe wrong but I think a lot of it is attention seeking (the internet badass syndrome).  It matters not whether you like or dislike Romo and there should be nothing wrong with expressing your opinion but on here it gets personal because everybody doesn't agee.  I thought I would throw in my opinion before this is locked.

"Age is a high price to pay for maturity"