On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Witten Saddened, But Says He Supports Teammate Bryant

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#41 Chucky

Chucky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Cool Dez, I bought one son and Ipad, the other a Kindle Fire. I have not used either. Is there no place to download and save jpeg or simlar files on those units?
Tell jj I am available!!

#42 Cowboys#1Nut

Cowboys#1Nut

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

I'm not going to pass any sort of judgement on him without knowing the true facts. All we have right now is that her shirt was torn & she claims he hit her with his ballcap. Her past is questionable to say the least as she has also been quilty of filing false police reports. Nobody really knows what started this & what really happened. If he did beat her then he needs professional help.

But for the writers here & at other media outlets to instantly deem him guilty & cry for some sort of suspension instantly is just flat out WRONG! There have been DOZENS of cases of domestic violence in the NFL world and ALL of the accused players were given their day in court. Funny how there seems to be or have been no public or media outcry for their suspensions.

Brandon Marshall was busted repeatedly for domestic violence & only when he was stabbed in the stomach by his victim did the NFL hand down a ONE game suspension. So to say or demand that Dez serves ANY sort of suspension when this is his first offense is plain bias against him or the Cowboys franchise.

There are so many thing that can go wrong when you come from a broken home. Dez has much growing up to do & needs the support of his team & the administration needs to explore every avenue to get him the help he needs. The media world need not pile on & demand this & that unless knowing all the facts and start doing this to other NFL players who have already been proven guilty like Brandon Marshall was.

#43 BlueTornado

BlueTornado

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts
  • LocationVictoria Texas

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Good mornin' folks....

#44 calibombshell

calibombshell

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe California

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

a ball cap to the face is beaten? his brother already said dez NEVER hit her.
sounds like the money grubbing "mom" was out of crack money.

anyways, dez doing any prospecting in nome?

#45 Shame

Shame

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

How else could Witten respond? He can't go out and say "Well, he's a teammate but he's a damn ghetto thug who beats his own momma so I don't really like him." We have no idea how Witten really feels.

As long as Dez gets punished by the law in accordance with a first time class A misdemeanor offender then I'm cool. Dude really needs to grow up though. My mon has pissed me off many times but I've never smacked her around. I just leave the situation and go somewhere else. It's not that hard when you aren't worried about "keeping it real" and stupid ish like that.

#46 Chucky

Chucky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationTampa

Is Broaddus going to be on both the Talkin and Break podcast, or just the Talkin podcast. I dislike that the gave Rob the Putch so they could fit this guy in just to try to one up with Mickey all show long.
Tell jj I am available!!

#47 calibombshell

calibombshell

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe California

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

i hear the beaches are full of gold there.

#48 BlueTornado

BlueTornado

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts
  • LocationVictoria Texas

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Cali, that's just great to hear...that Dez never hit her...she probably wanted more money to spend foolishly and dez said, No!...my ex wife pulls the same tactics, but my kids already know her game...

#49 Chucky

Chucky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Here is another one with the broken home syndrome. Many more from broken homes do not beat on their parents or siblings and go on to great and respected lives.
Ok, so wait til Dizzy stops the Duane Thomas acts, and the new sphinx speaks, but do not diminish the accomplishments of others who faced the same home situation growing up!

I'm not going to pass any sort of judgement on him without knowing the true facts. All we have right now is that her shirt was torn & she claims he hit her with his ballcap. Her past is questionable to say the least as she has also been quilty of filing false police reports. Nobody really knows what started this & what really happened. If he did beat her then he needs professional help.

But for the writers here & at other media outlets to instantly deem him guilty & cry for some sort of suspension instantly is just flat out WRONG! There have been DOZENS of cases of domestic violence in the NFL world and ALL of the accused players were given their day in court. Funny how there seems to be or have been no public or media outcry for their suspensions.

Brandon Marshall was busted repeatedly for domestic violence & only when he was stabbed in the stomach by his victim did the NFL hand down a ONE game suspension. So to say or demand that Dez serves ANY sort of suspension when this is his first offense is plain bias against him or the Cowboys franchise.

There are so many thing that can go wrong when you come from a broken home. Dez has much growing up to do & needs the support of his team & the administration needs to explore every avenue to get him the help he needs. The media world need not pile on & demand this & that unless knowing all the facts and start doing this to other NFL players who have already been proven guilty like Brandon Marshall was.

Tell jj I am available!!

#50 4evaMYboyz

4evaMYboyz

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

dez's history? cmon he was told to leave a mall for his pants sagging and didnt pay on time for some jewelry,,petty crap! I got Dez's back on this ,his mom from what I understand has alot of personal issues she needs to work on. at least he's no pacman jones or kenny brit or mike vick..hopefully this just blows over and Dez can get back to focusing on getting better as a player and keep continuing to mature.

#51 BlueTornado

BlueTornado

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts
  • LocationVictoria Texas

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Dez just needs to spend more time in the playbook and less time with his mother...

#52 SmashMouthFootball

SmashMouthFootball

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

I was surprised to hear that Dez has done this on more than one occasion. Now that might be speculative but if so, this is much bigger than anyone might accept or admit!! I heard such on interview with Michael Irvin.

Like I and many others said, we should have passed on him, of course it is not the first time or last time Jerry and Company will continue to make such bone-headed decisions.

#53 SmashMouthFootball

SmashMouthFootball

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Have to say, if he did hit his mom, that is the lowest that you can go, doesn't get any worse than that. He has all beat at this point, if true of course. But none the less, in the lead as the lowest and most disgusting NFL player ever!!

#54 Cowboys#1Nut

Cowboys#1Nut

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I am well aware that there are several people that survive & even thrive when coming from a broken home. I am not nor was I trying to excuse him from his accusations despite his mothers past. That is what it is & you can't change the past, just learn from it.

My point was there are TONS of NFL players who have been accused & even proven guilty of domestic violence & yet they were in no way crucified in the same way Dez has been without anyone knowing the facts.

Like I said Brandon Marshall was a multiple repeat offender, yet still appears on NFL Network, BSPN & Chicago media outlets & they treat him like he did NOTHING. Even Dog Killer is now hailed as some sort of hero & now makes yet another profit from killing dogs by writing a book about it. Where's the media outcry over him?

If Dez did the things his mother said he did then I say cut bait on the guy. In NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM am I trying to defend the guy. All I'm saying is lets see some facts 1st & give him his day in court. You can crucify him all you want.

#55 Pollofixx

Pollofixx

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Jason is a true leader, the kind that there's only a few. This is why he stands by his teammate, trying to help him out the ditch, instead of hammering one more nail onto his coffin.

#56 winstar

winstar

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,222 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, TX

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

If you have walked in his shoe's I agree you have the right to say how you feel even before the facts are out. I think he must be helping mom to some degree unless the step brother is paying for that nice home and the monthly bills azsociated with it. Others than those I mentioned above, I'll wait for the facts. BTW, it's none of my business what kind of life you have had up to this time.

#57 pete2316

pete2316

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationEl Paso

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

I didn't know this about Jason Witten's childhood. Now that I do, well it's like John Madden said, "I've always liked him but now I like him more than ever".

#58 chstates

chstates

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

blah blah blah.. more BS from a fake leader on the cowboys roster.. blah blah blah..
another season down the tubes before it starts.. this team can barely handle adversity when it comes to a bad play during the game.. they will never be able to handle a whole training camp of dealing with this nonsense.. bring on hockey dallas is done weak minds weak leadership no will or fortitude..

#59 dezrespected

dezrespected

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,098 posts
  • Locationright behind you

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, dez punched his mother square in the mouth. Prison style yall. Caliblindshell just refuses to not tow the company line

#60 jrb

jrb

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

hopefully he will get past this and be better for it. i do not on the other hand cundon any domestic violence