You are here

Photo

Coming to Dallas for a game? Read here for answers...

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • LocationAll over the US

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

I don't know who they are, I read their site and they seem to have a descent package with the Legends and all....which one did you purchase?  If you want, I would be happy to shake their chains if your having issues?  PM me for that, let's not make it public unless they won't respond.

Genius....he invented the 4-3 defense in the 60's, ...but the true genius was he invented an offense to defeat his own defense.  That genius was Tom Landry.

#22 cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 posts
  • LocationEast TX.....

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

The Ft. Worth stockyards has restaurants and a nice change of pace

• nightrain likes this

#23 diegcam

diegcam

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

Hey Guys, I am from DC and a lifelong cowboys fan. I have been coming to Texas for the past 3 years for a game.  I have always stayed in downtown dallas and driven up for the game on gameday.  I wanted to see if there are any places such as restaurants or any place downtown dallas that offer a bus or shuttle to the game and back to dallas?  Please advise.   

#24 sosatyme72

sosatyme72

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hey guys, Im planning on traveling from NJ to see cowboys/giants game there Oct 19, 1st time there. What are you reccommendations on getting decent tickets to game for a fair price? I know Ive seen some tours available but they seem pretty pricey. Im planning on booking own flight/hotel so just need tickets for 4-5 people...

Any help is greatly appreciated..thanks!

#25 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

Hey Guys, I am from DC and a lifelong cowboys fan. I have been coming to Texas for the past 3 years for a game.  I have always stayed in downtown dallas and driven up for the game on gameday.  I wanted to see if there are any places such as restaurants or any place downtown dallas that offer a bus or shuttle to the game and back to dallas?  Please advise.   

Hi diegcam, welcome to the forums.  I had been meaning to get this together sooner, but I've been busy.  I did update the beginning thread with a shuttle services list, so give it a look.  I will add more as I find them or others submit them, but it is a start.

Genius....he invented the 4-3 defense in the 60's, ...but the true genius was he invented an offense to defeat his own defense.  That genius was Tom Landry.

#26 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

Hey guys, Im planning on traveling from NJ to see cowboys/giants game there Oct 19, 1st time there. What are you reccommendations on getting decent tickets to game for a fair price? I know Ive seen some tours available but they seem pretty pricey. Im planning on booking own flight/hotel so just need tickets for 4-5 people...

Any help is greatly appreciated..thanks!

Being that the Cowboys are such a big draw, pricing is what it is for the tours.  They get the price per the demand.  Did you review the ones posted in the opening thread?

As for descent ticket prices, do lots and lots and lots of shopping.  Usually there are a few season ticket members who post the games they cannot attend.  So keep looking in this forum, not necessarily in this thread.  Other options would be Ticketmaster or other legitimate source for tickets.  Do not use Craigslist or the like ....if you want to spend all that money to fly down, do tours, check out some local things and stay in that hotel to then only to find out the tickets you purchased are fake.....well, I think you get the picture.  So if it cost a bit more to be sure, ..then be sure instead.  But your best shot are who I mentioned first, they usually sell at face value or just below.  There were already a couple posts recently.

#27 kirberster

kirberster

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Gallup NM Cowboys fan. This year the family are spending their thanksgiving day watching Dez putting up 4 X Factor sign.sign . need a parking permit.

#28 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

Gallup NM Cowboys fan. This year the family are spending their thanksgiving day watching Dez putting up 4 X Factor sign.sign . need a parking permit.

As nice as it seemingly is to park in the lot, you may be grabbing at straws for that.  If you do happen to find someone willing to give up their pass, it may cost you and I don't feel its worth that.  There are plenty of shuttles to get you there, some posted at the beginning of this thread.  I also suggest posting a separate thread for what your looking for so folks will see the headline, since this is mainly an info thread...good luck.

#29 winstar

winstar

Landry Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,343 posts
  • LocationBeaumont, TX

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

Good info highhorse.

"Age is a high price to pay for maturity"

#30 Canadian_Eh

Canadian_Eh

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hey guys,

A buddy and myself are coming down for opening week this year from Calgary, Alberta, Canada for the Niners vs Cowboys.  He is a huge Cowboys fan and myself a huge 49ers fan.  We have our flight, hotel and tickets to the game booked but are looking for a tailgate party to either join or buy tickets to.  Any suggestions?  If anyone is willing to take us in we are definitely willing to bring something or pitch in some cash.  Please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also we are going to the Texas Rangers game the night before, any suggestions on what to do before the game in Arlington?

Thanks!

#31 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,136 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

Highhorse is no doubt the official concierge of the cowboys football traveler.

0pearson0428.png

Hey Dawkins, Westbrook; shut your mouth when you are talking to me.

#32 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

Hey guys,

A buddy and myself are coming down for opening week this year from Calgary, Alberta, Canada for the Niners vs Cowboys.  He is a huge Cowboys fan and myself a huge 49ers fan.  We have our flight, hotel and tickets to the game booked but are looking for a tailgate party to either join or buy tickets to.  Any suggestions?  If anyone is willing to take us in we are definitely willing to bring something or pitch in some cash.  Please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also we are going to the Texas Rangers game the night before, any suggestions on what to do before the game in Arlington?

Thanks!

As for either games pregame activities, simply scroll through the links provided and see if something interests you.  Don't know what kind of activities you are thinking of (dinner, comfort food and eye candy, etc...)?

If your looking for walking distance stuff I would definitely contact your hotel front desk or concierge.  They will probably have updates on bands or activities of interest for you.  Even contact them a week or two before you arrive, they should be able to email you a list of local hotspots and such.  Unfortunately I can only be somewhat vague with what is listed because of all the changes that occur locally.

Hope this helps.....ask more if you need to, we'll try to accommodate.

#33 Cardinal225

Cardinal225

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:01 AM

Cardinal fan coming in November. I'm looking for a ticket and trying to find places to park. I'm not a big fan of traffic so I won't park somewhere by the stadium but not in. I know a poster mentioned the Walgreens and spend 50 bucks inside, and get a pass. I was wondering if they still do it. 

As far as getting a ticket, I would do standing room but it may be too crowded so I would rather sit in the 400s somewhere on the Cardinals side. Any Cowboy fan can help me out? 

Thanks. 

#34 Reid1boys

Reid1boys

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

A few years back I went to Seattle to watch the Cowboys, and out hotel was less than .6 miles from the stadium. We obviously walked to the game, and it was great.

So this year, we are coming to the season opener, and I didnt want to deal with shuttles or parking at the game, so i wanted a hotel close. I normally want to stay in  a decent room when with the wife, but this year we are making 3 Cowboys games (we live in Ca) so I needed to cut back a little on cost of hotel.

We got the econo lodge that is about .68 miles from the stadium at about $119 a night. Just wanted to pass that along for the Cardinals fan above.

#35 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

Cardinal fan coming in November. I'm looking for a ticket and trying to find places to park. I'm not a big fan of traffic so I won't park somewhere by the stadium but not in. I know a poster mentioned the Walgreens and spend 50 bucks inside, and get a pass. I was wondering if they still do it. 

As far as getting a ticket, I would do standing room but it may be too crowded so I would rather sit in the 400s somewhere on the Cardinals side. Any Cowboy fan can help me out? 

Thanks. 

Welcome to forums, most all of what you are asking is in the beginning of this thread, just scroll down to the second posting and read the link leads.  These parking deals change somewhat from year to year, so definitely verify instead of hoping its there.  I would do what Reid1boys suggested, I posted a link regarding area hotels and its mapped.  If you find a hotel, but its to far for you to walk, simply call them and ask them about some closer parking or shuttle services they may provide.

Feel free to ask more....

#36 Cardinal225

Cardinal225

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Well my bro is about 20 minutes from the stadium so I'm staying with him to save instead of buying a room. I will check into the area hotels to walk. You have to pay to park? 

#37 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Well my bro is about 20 minutes from the stadium so I'm staying with him to save instead of buying a room. I will check into the area hotels to walk. You have to pay to park? 

Oh yes, I came in early (about 3 hrs) from the Texas Rangers stadium side and found this little side lot just east of that stadium for $10 and it was about a 10 minute walk.   If you get there real early and just drive around, you can scope out some places where you see folks setting up their toll chairs.  They get there early because if you beat them there, they can't charge you.

#38 Cardinal225

Cardinal225

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Thank you Highhorse. I'll get near the stadium by 9:30ish. I know a lot of Cardinal fans are traveling to this game. We aren't a huge fanbase so its usually one away game that most will come too. Well this year, its Dallas and Denver. I'm in Louisiana, and trying to come down. Not trying to spend so much as I am flying in October to see us against the Skins in Arizona. I'm sure I'll find a parking spot somewhere though. Just need to get a ticket now. 

#39 fiestyaries

fiestyaries

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hi all! I have read quite a few posts and dont see an answer to this particular question. I am surprising my husband with a trip to the Nov 2 game. He's a huge Dallas fan.  He has toured the old stadium but not the new.  Is there any difference aside from money or advantages in booking the tour ourselves with the stadium as opposed to booking it with star sports?   Also looking at their tailgate party - it looks like fun, anyone attended? I dont see reviews on it.

Second part of my quest - We are flying into DFW because its an easier direct flight from Florida.  Flying in Sat at 9am and out Monday at 5pm.  Should we plan on staying at a hotel closer to the stadium and if so is there stuff for a couple to do? Bars/Rest's etc...  Is it worth traveling into Dallas?  We will not have a rental car and will have to do Taxi's etc... 

#40 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:07 AM

Hi fiestyaires, welcome to forums....that is a great gift for your husband.  I myself am in FL, Orlando to be exact (my girl's work is in Dallas, so I visit a lot).  Feel free to contact me.

About the only difference with taking your own tour vs the organized one, is they usually provide a meal and a meet and greet with ex-players (check with their itinerary).  Your on their schedule also, so its up to you how social you are?  I also have explained to someone else who asked the same thing about those events....most folks don't post about it, I don't know why, but they just don't.  So you'll have to go with what those organizers post on their sites.  As I mentioned to the others, I would contact the Dallas Tourist Information Site to inquire about any complaints.  I agree though, they do look like fun and would guess they would have to be or they wouldn't be in business.  For your own tailgating, check for posts for that game or make your own if you don't see one asking for tailgate buddies then.

For the second part of your quest, I have posted many, many links to events for the surrounding area to include hotel map, parking, shuttle info, its all at the beginning of this thread.  I myself love to visit Dallas, its a great town, I recommend you find hotels that interest you (per the map I provided) and contact them regarding if they provide shuttle services (many do).  Be sure to ask if its just an airport shuttle or one that can take you most anywhere in the area (mall, etc...).  Also, ask the hotel if they can email you an area map of dining and such.

I would avoid taxi's (Dallas is spread out), you'd be better off renting then, cabs aren't cheap.  As a matter of fact, most airlines have great rental deals with your ticket purchase.  Just an fyi, there are 2 airports for Dallas....Love Field and DFW (Dallas Fort Worth).  If you still don't want to rent a car, I provided a link in the info post to DART, Dallas public transportation system.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other Q's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users