You are here

Photo

Coming to Dallas for a game? Read here for answers...

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#41 fiestyaries

fiestyaries

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Thanks so much for the reply Highhorse.  Im sorry if some of these were redundent questions.  I told my husband about the trip last night while we were at the Dallas/Fins game.  So now we'll do more planning together. It makes more sense for us to rent a car - thank you for that info. 

#42 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • LocationAll over the US

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:23 AM

Thanks so much for the reply Highhorse.  Im sorry if some of these were redundent questions.  I told my husband about the trip last night while we were at the Dallas/Fins game.  So now we'll do more planning together. It makes more sense for us to rent a car - thank you for that info. 

If y'all are in Miami, I have some work down there starting 2 Sept, I'd be happy to chat with ya about Dallas.  I didn't mean anything about how I responded to someone else regarding your question.  I was only stating someone had asked the same thing in another thread (you couldn't have known without reading all the other threads).

Also, Dallas has recently gone to an EPASS/License tag only system for their toll ways, like FL is doing.  So the rental car company may hold some funds to cover any outstanding tolls.  They may provide a pass, but be sure to ask when making reservations so you know to cover it.

I travel a bit, don't know if you do, but when checking flights do this....

Set up flying dates and be sure to check with rental car (adding a hotel isn't always cheaper, but check)

Proceed to next step, it should ask about who's traveling and such.

After that it should take you to the rental vehicle and give you a list of choices, if you want write down the cost and cancel the reservation and check with the next airline doing the same thing.

You can also use someone like Expedia or Travelocity for the whole caboodle.

If you don't want to spend time on the net, simply call the reservations for the airlines and speak directly.

Genius....he invented the 4-3 defense in the 60's, ...but the true genius was he invented an offense to defeat his own defense.  That genius was Tom Landry.

#43 fiestyaries

fiestyaries

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

No worries - ;)   Miami is a bit far from us.  Are you driving down?  If your driving perhaps we can meet up in WPB.  Thanks for the tips/info.  Im pretty good at getting good rental prices.  Ive heard about the sunpass "imposed" fee on rentals here in FL. Didnt know Dallas has it too.  Thats good to know.  Ive already booked our flights for 11/1-11/3. Just have to work on hotel and car and now parking I guess. Dont know if my tix are coming w/ a parking pass yet.

#44 Hanna

Hanna

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

Hey! I am coming from Waco and try to find a way to the Stadium by public transportation. Does anyone know how to getthere without a car?

#45 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

I have posted a public transportation list in the beginning of this pinned thread.  It has routes, costs and mapping.

Genius....he invented the 4-3 defense in the 60's, ...but the true genius was he invented an offense to defeat his own defense.  That genius was Tom Landry.

#46 vandine_ben

vandine_ben

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:19 PM

hey everyone I will be attending my first cowboy home game ever and coming from ny this is going to be amazing. I was hoping you guys can help me out and tell me where the good rpe game and post game party spots are or if here is anything I should know. also if anyone is looking for some tailgate buddys im more then willing to sign up and contribute any way I can.

thanks again

LETS GO COWBOYS

#47 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:44 PM

Welcome V_B......which game are you speaking of, the Gnats?  Check with TTTB, his crew is very welcoming to pregame tailgating.  As for post game, well, that varies per whom your around.  Folks tend to just meet up wherever.  Be sure to check the beginning of this thread for stadium rules and such, don't wantcha' to get caught with things they don't allow, where you have to go back to the car and then stand in line again.  I've listed a number of area attractions and you can always follow up with your hotel....hope you enjoy.. :D

#48 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:28 AM

hey everyone I will be attending my first cowboy home game ever and coming from ny this is going to be amazing. I was hoping you guys can help me out and tell me where the good rpe game and post game party spots are or if here is anything I should know. also if anyone is looking for some tailgate buddys im more then willing to sign up and contribute any way I can.

thanks again

LETS GO COWBOYS

the corral is open again for some post-game revelry. Outside the west endzone

0pearson0428.png

Hey Dawkins, Westbrook; shut your mouth when you are talking to me.

#49 vandine_ben

vandine_ben

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

thanks guys the game I will be attending is the November 2nd game against the cardinals, I will be staying at the hotel that is only about a mile away from the stadium no car needed but thank you for the information. Looking forward going to my first game.

#50 ratman33

ratman33

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hey All,

What time and where (Parking lot 7?) Can we watch players arriving for work? Thanks ALL!!!! GO BOYS!!! LOT 7?

#51 82wittenfan

82wittenfan

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

TWO TICKETS TO THE DALLAS COWBOYS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS ON OCTOBER 27TH, 2014 7:30PM

$550 OBO - HARD TICKETS IN HAND. must go

I am selling my Dallas Cowboys Tickets, since I can't make all of the games this year...These are some great seats..Between the 40 and 50 yard lines.

Section:C336...Row:13..Seat 5 and 6..

Level:Silver...Miller Lite Club Access Included On Ticket...

If interested, email me or call.

301 707 5666

ashley.mckenzie@live.com

#52 TShanks

TShanks

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:38 AM

Raised in Houston area, life-long Dallas fan.  :) Coming for the Washington game next Monday. Any idea what color jersey the 'Boys will be wearing? Most of the time white, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

#53 Stormsam

Stormsam

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

For anyone interested in transportation from Dallas, I just got back from the Cowboys/Giants game and we took the bowl bus from Dallas. Great experience, arrived nice and early, left 45 minutes after the game. Nice to have a washroom on bus and nice comfy seats. Would book it again for sure.

#54 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

For TShanks, welcome to the forums.  Other than Thanksgiving the home apparel is the white jersey.

• TShanks likes this

#55 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

Thanks Stormsam, I'll be sure to add that to the list of links in transportation.

#56 darrylj

darrylj

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

My buddy and I are in town for Mondays game. hoping for a invite to someone tailgate party. Both law enforcement from California. just tell us what to bring. Thanks

#57 jdhook

jdhook

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

Cowboy fan in DC coming to Dallas for the game this Monday night.  I have a huge event on Sunday. We have 400 Cowboys & Redskin fans coming from DC and we are hooking up with a large group in Dallas. Here is the event info:

Event Link: https://skin-cowboys....eventbrite.com

The Official Redskins vs Cowboys
Sunset Day Party
Sunday Oct 26th 5p -11p
PLUSH (1400 Main St, Dallas TX 75202)

Some Of The Hottest Dj's In The Game Will Be Taking Over PLUSH Dallas

DJ ASAP - Dallas TX
DJ Phife - Dallas TX
DJ Casper - Wash D.C.

cowboysredskins600.jpg

#58 texfromwilburtown

texfromwilburtown

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:51 AM

Huge Canadian Cowboy fans (4 of us) coming to the Thanksgiving day game in a RV . Hoping to secure a parking pass

for lot 14 ( RV parking) but having difficulty at this time . We tail-gated with other RV-ers 4 yrs back (against the saints)

and thoroughly enjoyed the experience . Hoping someone out there can help with options or suggestions .Thank You

#59 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:09 AM

I would recommend posting this on a seperate thread so others can see the title and perhaps aid in your request.  This thread is mainly for info once you are in town, so your Q would go unanswered.  I can say others have asked regarding RV parking and the main response has been to check with the Rangers stadium parking which is practically across the street.  We had some Saints fans come over with their RV and said it was a great spot.

I have also posted parking area links in the beginning of this thread to check out.  Hope this helps.....

#60 wolverleycowboy

wolverleycowboy

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWolverley, Worcestershire, UK

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hi 

I am visiting Dallas from the UK next month and stopping with my relations in Arlington.  Other than the stadium tour and trying to go to see the colts game is there any other must do thing for a Cowboys fan that isn't over the top expensive.  I have looked at the tours on the first page of this thread but they all seem to include accommodation which I don't need and have a premium price tag.  I am sure my relations have different plans for me but is there any Cowboy related places where I/we can visit to make the trip extra special.

Thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users