You are here

Photo

Coming to Dallas for a game? Read here for answers...

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#101 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • LocationAll over the US

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:48 AM

Check out Highhorse's plethora of info. The dude should be on the DFW chamber of commerce payroll.

The Gaylord is in Grapevine. Grapevine is an awesome area if you would rather not toddle in the big city, so inside and out of the Gaylord gates you will find a good time and all about 25 minutes from the stadium.

Yeah, what nightrain said.... ;).... ​now I need to figure how to get on that payroll?

Genius....he invented the 4-3 defense in the 60's, ...but the true genius was he invented an offense to defeat his own defense.  That genius was Tom Landry.

#102 facl979

facl979

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:43 AM

Got tickets for nov. 1 2015 game just wanted to know more about the stadium, I'm in section c135 row 8.... Is that a good seat? Also wanted to know more about the miller lite club access what is that about also the draft King lounge... Does anyone have parking tickets close to entrance K?
  • Godfather likes this

#103 DeMun

DeMun

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:01 AM

hmmm ok thanks ill check that out.

What's the difference between Arlington and Dallas?

#104 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

hmmm ok thanks ill check that out.

What's the difference between Arlington and Dallas?

About 18 miles ....the Dallas area is very spread out as opposed to most metropolitan areas.  The sporting events are in Arlington, the Rangers stadium is right across from AT&T.  I believe they chose Arlington because of the highways and its right between Big D and Ft Worth and the taxation is lower.

Genius....he invented the 4-3 defense in the 60's, ...but the true genius was he invented an offense to defeat his own defense.  That genius was Tom Landry.

#105 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

Got tickets for nov. 1 2015 game just wanted to know more about the stadium, I'm in section c135 row 8.... Is that a good seat? Also wanted to know more about the miller lite club access what is that about also the draft King lounge... Does anyone have parking tickets close to entrance K?        

I've posted a link in the beginning of the 3D seating chart to give you a perspective of all seating.  I'm not up on the Miller Lite club or Draft King Lounge....I do know the Lite Club allows you access to watch the Cowboys as they line up to go onto the field at the beginning of the game.

#106 danzryd

danzryd

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

facl979,

You've got some great seats!  You'll definitely enjoy them.

As Highhorse said, the Miller Lite Club is the field level area where the Cowboys line up before they run out onto the field.  There is a bar and bathrooms there, and places to sit and stand.  You can stand in the opening and you're practically 15 feet from the player's bench.  Pretty neat experience for fans.  And sometimes after the game when they're running back into the locker room you can get some high fives and sometimes they'll hand out their gloves or towels.  And you've got a great shot at getting on the jumbotron during the game.  They do many quick fan shots in this area so just keep an eye out for the camera guy. He's good about letting you know before he does it so you're ready.  We went to the game Saturday against the Vikings and I got some great video of the players coming back into the tunnel at halftime, and my daughter got on the jumbotron while I videoed it.  Just a cool bonus that comes with the seats you're in.

The Draftkings Fantasy Sports lounge is the same thing, but on the opposite side with the visitor's.   They recently named it that this year (both sides used to be Miller Lite Club).  You can go to both MLC and Draftkings before/during/after the game.  Go early so you can get a spot right at the ropeline so no one is blocking your view. It could get 5 people deep just to see them run by.

Hope that helps!  Let me know if you have any questions.  Go Cowboys!

#107 danzryd

danzryd

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Forgot to add - I believe the Club seats allow you to enter from any gate.  It does say Gate K on the ticket so definitely shorter lines and distance to seats from K, but don't think you're restricted to just that gate when picking parking!

#108 dmw4444

dmw4444

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

We are flying in from Charlotte, NC for the Thanksgiving game (we are Cowboys fans!) and I was curious as to specials events on game day since it is the Thanksgiving game, if there if anything different from a regular game. We are VERY excited we are able to come this year, it is our first time in TX at a home Cowboys game, we usually see them here in Charlotte and can't wait to experience a game with the HOME TEAM! Just curious to experiences from fans who have been to the Thanksgiving games in the past. Thank you!

#109 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

My brother lives in Tomball (I'm up in Canada), so, I hope to someday go down there and see a game. Dallas is FINALLY coming to Buffalo this year (Buffalo is my birthplace) and my mom still lives there, so, either place I go to watch them, I have a place to stay, which will save $$. Where she works, the owner has tickets to Sabres and Bills games, but, clients get first pick. If there are any left, anyone in the company can get their choice. VIP box. I am hoping she can get some for the Bills/Cowboys game. Winter in Buffalo is a bish, but, for the Cowboys, I'll go through a blizzard.

05-1.gif

#110 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

We are flying in from Charlotte, NC for the Thanksgiving game (we are Cowboys fans!) and I was curious as to specials events on game day since it is the Thanksgiving game, if there if anything different from a regular game. We are VERY excited we are able to come this year, it is our first time in TX at a home Cowboys game, we usually see them here in Charlotte and can't wait to experience a game with the HOME TEAM! Just curious to experiences from fans who have been to the Thanksgiving games in the past. Thank you!

Being T'giv'n I believe they open the gates to parking a little early to watch the early game and to get some turkey in, but don't count on it.  I would contact stadium info and ask them.  Other than that, for special events, I don't see it as anything different than a regular game.  Some vendors may offer some T'giv'n specials, like turkey and pumpkin pie.....perhaps a pumpkin spice beer could be on tap?

#111 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

My brother lives in Tomball (I'm up in Canada), so, I hope to someday go down there and see a game. Dallas is FINALLY coming to Buffalo this year (Buffalo is my birthplace) and my mom still lives there, so, either place I go to watch them, I have a place to stay, which will save $$. Where she works, the owner has tickets to Sabres and Bills games, but, clients get first pick. If there are any left, anyone in the company can get their choice. VIP box. I am hoping she can get some for the Bills/Cowboys game. Winter in Buffalo is a bish, but, for the Cowboys, I'll go through a blizzard.

If Buffalo can get that performance from their O a couple more games (their D is not to be questioned), then I highly suggest you get those tickets ahead of the rush and price increase.

#112 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

If she gets them, it will be free and it's all you can eat and drink. I'm cheap. 

If we don't get the tickets then a trip to Dallas next year will be in the works.

05-1.gif

#113 Darcyroe

Darcyroe

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

Coming from Canada for the October 11th game versus New England. A couple quick questions.

1. We haven't purchased any tailgating tickets (Was going to do the Bill Bates tour but at 100$ that is too much for our crappy Canadian Dollar haha). We were wondering if there is spots around the stadium to pay something around 20$ to get some BBQ and a couple cold beverages.

2. How early can you enter the stadium on game day? We would like to see the players warm up. What time do the players usually come out? Do the Pats and Cowboys warm up at the same time? This is another reason we don't wanna spend lots on a Tailgate so we can possibly go in early as this is a trip of a life time for our family.

Thanks and much appreciated! Sorry if this has been asked before!

#114 Rajgonza

Rajgonza

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

Hello everyone,

If you are looking for a tailgating spot before any cowboy game I definitely recommend reaching out to TTTB. They invited my friend and I with open arms and we had a blast. Great people and a perfect location for tailgating. I will definitely be stopping by on my next trip.
  • Highhorse likes this

#115 Reid1boy

Reid1boy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

Yess, TTTB has the best, most welcoming atmosphere. It is my go to stop before every game now. We come from Ca and my wife and daughters have a great time with his crew. Just great people that have a great, clean, fun time.

In addition, The Ginger Man:

2718 Boll Street
Dallas, TX 75204

(214) 754-8771

is now my go to bar on Saturdays before the game. With about 70 plus beers on tap, if you like beer and tasting new beers, this place CANT be beat. We were there for the season opener and they had live music and some other fun activities. Not much in the way of big screen TVs for other sporting events, but the best place to have a few beers that arent named Bud or Coors:)

• Highhorse likes this

#116 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:04 PM

Yess, TTTB has the best, most welcoming atmosphere. It is my go to stop before every game now. We come from Ca and my wife and daughters have a great time with his crew. Just great people that have a great, clean, fun time.

In addition, The Ginger Man:

2718 Boll Street
Dallas, TX 75204

(214) 754-8771

is now my go to bar on Saturdays before the game. With about 70 plus beers on tap, if you like beer and tasting new beers, this place CANT be beat. We were there for the season opener and they had live music and some other fun activities. Not much in the way of big screen TVs for other sporting events, but the best place to have a few beers that arent named Bud or Coors:)

Thanks Reid, I'll add it to the list.

• Reid1boy likes this

#117 WebbyF1

WebbyF1

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Hey I am attending my first game today, just arrived from Sydney Australia

Where can i find the game day schedule? 

what time should i arrive and things to do before kick off

Andrew

BTW i have seat c133

#118 Highhorse

Highhorse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

Hey Andrew, so sorry we didn't get this sooner, but posting just a few hours before kickoff didn't help.  Most of us (myself especially) are watching other games, either at the pub or with friends.  These are Q's we answer at least a couple days out....fyi for your next excursion.  Anyhow, I hope you got it all worked out, too bad we lost, that wasn't a bad seat at all.

#119 Bergs1983

Bergs1983

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:09 AM

Hey Guys,

Myself and a friend are coming from Australia and will be staying in Fort Worth and are catching the Redskins games on the 3rd Jan,

We are keen for pre and post game activities. Looking to possibly crash a tailgate party if possible (more than happy to chip in some money) or hit some sports bars around the stadium. We are both early 30's.

The Ginger Man Link posted above seems like our kind of place, however the lack of TV's and sports theme is a concern, might be more of a post game activity.

Has anyone got review on the Bill Baits tailgate party? For $50 ($80 AUD) seems a lot for you get, the food doesn't look great. But we are more concerned with going someone where with a good atmosphere where we can chat a little to other fans in a friendly environment whilst having a few drinks.

Any advice one some cool bars or tailgate options would be greatly appreciated.

Also what would be the best way to get from Fort Worth to the Stadium? We are staying at the Embassy Suits. 

Thanks

Chris.

#120 DezCaughtIt615

DezCaughtIt615

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:13 AM

Hi All,

I know we haven't officially ended the nfl season yet with the Super Bowl game still yet to be played but I wanted to get a head start on the planning as much as possible. 

My family is planning to travel from CA to TX probably 2-3rd week of Dec 2016 and as none of us have ever been to a sports game (though we follow the Cowboys religiously since the early 90s), we need some guidance.

We were planning to purchase tickets and go this past Dec 2015, but had to reschedule our plans.  When I was looking up tickets for Dec 2015, again as I've never bought tickets for a sport game, I was sort of confused.  It looked like tickets were being resold/reseller and was wondering who/what website/vendor is a good place to buy tickets and when we should start looking to purchase tickets.

In addition, while we don't drink alcohol, we'd like to get the best experience possible as a Cowboys fan with a budget.

TL;DR First game ever, saving it for Cowboys game, need help in the process as a fan and Cowboys Fan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users