You are here

Photo

Coming to Dallas for a game? Read here for answers...

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#141 devorakirsch

devorakirsch

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

My husband and I are planning to go to Dallas for a Cowboys game this fall from Maryland.  We have airfare, coming in Friday and leaving on Monday morning.  The game is currently scheduled for 3:35 on Sunday.  I'm trying to figure out if it's best to book a hotel and get tickets separately or to look for a package.  Is it best to stay in Dallas or Arlington?  Will there be stadium tours on Saturday or do I have to wait until Monday?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

#142 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,910 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

My husband and I are planning to go to Dallas for a Cowboys game this fall from Maryland.  We have airfare, coming in Friday and leaving on Monday morning.  The game is currently scheduled for 3:35 on Sunday.  I'm trying to figure out if it's best to book a hotel and get tickets separately or to look for a package.  Is it best to stay in Dallas or Arlington?  Will there be stadium tours on Saturday or do I have to wait until Monday?  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Where you stay depends on what you're in to.  If you want to see some things in Fort Worth AND Dallas, stay in Arlington.  It's about halfway between the two and it's only about an hour drive from downtown Dallas to downtown Fort Worth, depending on traffic, which isn't too bad on 30 on Saturdays. If you want to just see Dallas then go to the game on Sunday, stay in Dallas. You won't see half of it on just a Saturday...and Uber is cheap and abundant. 

They do stadium tours on Saturdays but if there's a college football game, concert, or other event, they won't do tours. The last time I was there they had a marching band competition or something going on so they weren't doing tours.  The time before that was a college game.  Just call and ask. Here's a schedule for the stadium: http://attstadium.ti...rQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Oh yeah, don't drink and drive.  DWI #1 runs around $10k in Texas.

Lurk more, post less

DFWsportsbanner_zpsz4msorfn.png

DFW!

When you go to bed at night, you pray to God for the health and safety of Sean Lee.

#143 Reid1boy

Reid1boy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:16 AM

We always stay in uptown Dallas area the night before the game. We then rent our hotel close to the stadium for the day of the game. We park our car at hotel and either uber or walk to and from game. Parking is ridiculous, and traffic after the game is also horrible.I uy my tickets on stubhub. 

I enjoy the Dallas area and thats why we stay there the day before the game. We normally dont do much after the game except eat dinner and back to room as we are probably exhausted by the time the game ends.

We normally bring 4-6 people and thus we try to save money. I suggest going to visit Daly Plaza, the site of the JFK assassination if you are into history. It was a very solemn experience for me, but one I highly recommend. Any other questions feel free to ask.

#144 GatorFan15

GatorFan15

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

Hey guys I guess this the place to ask about the Stadium and such. I'm not a Cowboy fan but a Florida fan and I plan on going to the Advocare Classic against Michigan..... I have several question and would really appreciate any help and or opinions

So first off I was gonna ask about Sections of the stadium and if the closer view is worth the higher price tags. I've found some in section 108 - 2 tickets for $766.... Is the close up view worth the price in your opinions? I could get some nosebleed type sections for around $140 each or so but again would it be worth the trip for that type of view. I'm kinda stuck between a rock and hard place trying to decide because saving the extra cash is nice but I also want them to be worth while

Second how bad is traffic in Dallas in general especially during a game. I've been to other games but never one in such a big city. Any safe tips for that would be greatly appreciated

Third we may have to bring our newborn with us to the game. Does she need a ticket and will it be to loud for someone so small? She will be around 3 months when the game rolls around. I'm not sure if there are any cheaper type hotels down there a day before the game

I'm sure I could think of more questions but I guess I'll wait to see what you guys have to say. I've heard your stadium is awesome

#145 GatorFan15

GatorFan15

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

Did my post get approved

#146 BenGone

BenGone

• Moderators
  • 1,910 posts
  • LocationFort Worth

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:32 PM

Did my post get approved

Si!

Lurk more, post less

DFWsportsbanner_zpsz4msorfn.png

DFW!

When you go to bed at night, you pray to God for the health and safety of Sean Lee.

#147 EssexBoy#44

EssexBoy#44

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

Hi all, first post.  London based Cowboy fan since 1979, coming to Dallas for my second trip in October and bringing the wife, who is also...now.. a cowboy fan.  It's 30 years since I was in Dallas and to be honest, my last trip with a couple of pals was basically an alcohol induced haze. Obviously the team are now in a totally different stadium so any knowledge I may have, is useless! I've ordered tickets for the Packers game so should be a cracker.  We're staying in the Hyatt Regency and I could do with a bit of help if you don't mind in working out a few places to go and see (we're in Dallas Late Friday to Tuesday) and also, how the heck do we get from central Dallas to the stadium(and back!) which appears to be quite a journey.

Anyone fancy giving us a few idea's on where to go for food/and a couple of beers pre-game.  All assistance greatly appreciated.

Andy

#148 Reid1boy

Reid1boy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:58 AM

Hi all, first post.  London based Cowboy fan since 1979, coming to Dallas for my second trip in October and bringing the wife, who is also...now.. a cowboy fan.  It's 30 years since I was in Dallas and to be honest, my last trip with a couple of pals was basically an alcohol induced haze. Obviously the team are now in a totally different stadium so any knowledge I may have, is useless! I've ordered tickets for the Packers game so should be a cracker.  We're staying in the Hyatt Regency and I could do with a bit of help if you don't mind in working out a few places to go and see (we're in Dallas Late Friday to Tuesday) and also, how the heck do we get from central Dallas to the stadium(and back!) which appears to be quite a journey.

Anyone fancy giving us a few idea's on where to go for food/and a couple of beers pre-game.  All assistance greatly appreciated.

Andy

It is about a 30 minute drive from Dallas to the Stadium in Arlington. Just use an app on your phone to get there. I dont remember the exact highway, but it is a simple, straight shot. I dont know where the Hyatt is in relation to the stadium, so I cant help there. We hit a place called "Fat Rabbit," in uptown. They have GREAT food at very reasonable prices. Players also go there and we ran into Dez Bryant there last year as we were leaving the place. There is another "BAR," down the street called the "The Gingerman," located on Boll Street. It is really little more than a bar, but they have great beer selection an we enjoy it. 

If you are a history buff, I always recommend Daly Plaza, the site of the JFK assassination.

We have a few more places we like to eat... Ill post them later as I dont remember. You can drive out and do a stadium tour as well, but make sure you book in advance as I dont think they do tours on Saturday before a Sunday game, so check to be sure. You might need to do it on Monday.

#149 MistyAnn

MistyAnn

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

Did my post get approved

The view from the nosebleeds is fine, I can't never justify paying $500-800 on a more prime seat.....also note: Dang Gators.

I

Love

Dallas

#150 NDrewCowboyFan

NDrewCowboyFan

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:36 AM

So first off I was gonna ask about Sections of the stadium and if the closer view is worth the higher price tags. I've found some in section 108 - 2 tickets for $766.... Is the close up view worth the price in your opinions? I could get some nosebleed type sections for around $140 each or so but again would it be worth the trip for that type of view. I'm kinda stuck between a rock and hard place trying to decide because saving the extra cash is nice but I also want them to be worth while

The view is worth what someone is willing to pay.  I typically get seats in the third level corners and LOVE the view.  I would not pay for nosebleeds but that is me.  If it is in the budget I would get the best seats you can for your money.

Second how bad is traffic in Dallas in general especially during a game. I've been to other games but never one in such a big city. Any safe tips for that would be greatly appreciated

Third we may have to bring our newborn with us to the game. Does she need a ticket and will it be to loud for someone so small? She will be around 3 months when the game rolls around. I'm not sure if there are any cheaper type hotels down there a day before the game

Traffic on college game days is not near as bad as Cowboys game days but it will be typical post major event slow crawl leaving.

If you don't have paid parking in advance you could pay HUGE amounts of money for parking.  

You would need to check with the event sponsor/host to find out if a newborn needs a ticket.  As for noise:  it will be LOUD.  I would not take a newborn without adequate noise cancelling headphones.

#151 jcliff321

jcliff321

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:34 AM

I'll finally be catching my first Dallas game in Arlington when they play the Redskins on Nov. 30th. Can't wait! Since it's a Thursday night game I'm sure that screws up some schedules a bit. My question is, my wife and I will be catching tours of the stadium and The Star while we're down there. We're arriving late Wednesday night before the game and staying through that Tuesday. Is there any benefit to setting up either tour on a specific day. For example, is it better to wait until Tuesday before our flight to go tour The Star since the team will be back practicing at that point? Or does that not affect/enhance the tour at all. Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

#152 NDrewCowboyFan

NDrewCowboyFan

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

I'll finally be catching my first Dallas game in Arlington when they play the Redskins on Nov. 30th. Can't wait! Since it's a Thursday night game I'm sure that screws up some schedules a bit. My question is, my wife and I will be catching tours of the stadium and The Star while we're down there. We're arriving late Wednesday night before the game and staying through that Tuesday. Is there any benefit to setting up either tour on a specific day. For example, is it better to wait until Tuesday before our flight to go tour The Star since the team will be back practicing at that point? Or does that not affect/enhance the tour at all. Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

If I am not mistaken I believe that Tuesday is the team's day off after a game.  Monday is used for post game review.  Since they play Thanksgiving day the week before your trip and then not for 10 days after your game my guess is that they won't be at the Star that Tuesday.  The Star is also VERY far from either airport and I would not want to be rushed through the tour in order to not miss a flight.  Schedule the tour for Monday.  The team should be there and you won't feel pressured to be anywhere else.

I looked at the website https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/ and so far it does not appear any dates during your visit are blacked out for tours but that could change.  I would keep track on the site. I would also recommend buying your desired tickets (VIP vs self guided) in advance because they have been known to sell out.  Especially on game weekends.

The stadium should be more accessible but November 30th is already blacked out but that is because it is game day.  When you do tour the stadium make sure to bring a football with you.  The field is usually open and they have the nets up in the end zone so you can kick field goals and run plays to your hearts content on the actual field where the Cowboys play!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users