On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Play Clock Management

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,677 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Is their anyway we can possibly get the call into romo earlier, to me the play is being rushed at times when the play clock is getting low, I do like the fact that the audibles called by romo helped us out and the protections/alerting the line on different things helps us, but things seem to be rushed when we do this, which I can see leading to bad snaps sooner or later, what are your thoughts on our CLOCK MANAGEMENT?

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#2 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Obviously we need to fix the delay of games, not sure what was the cause besides maybe the noise in that arena (cuz it was LOUD!), but I think it will be an easy fix down the road when our o-line and Tony get more comfortable with each other.

on a side note, the clock managment all around was fine. Ran when we need to run, completed passes when we needed the clock to stay running and pick up a first..... and at the end of it, we ran down the clock by taking a knee. Exactly how your suppose to close out a game.
What I came to realize is that fear, that's the worst of it. That's the real enemy. So, get up, get out in the real world and you kick that ******* as hard as you can right in the teeth. - Walter White

#3 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

I think these flags ticked me off more then any other. No excuse for that.

#4 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

It's an area that needs improvement, but not on JG's side finally. The delays are specifically on Romo. He'll get it taken care of.

#5 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,677 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Obviously we need to fix the delay of games, not sure what was the cause besides maybe the noise in that arena (cuz it was LOUD!), but I think it will be an easy fix down the road when our o-line and Tony get more comfortable with each other.

on a side note, the clock managment all around was fine. Ran when we need to run, completed passes when we needed the clock to stay running and pick up a first..... and at the end of it, we ran down the clock by taking a knee. Exactly how your suppose to close out a game.

So you don't think that always snapping the ball close to 1 second is a good thing?

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#6 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,677 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

I think these flags ticked me off more then any other. No excuse for that.

false start holding my gosh/delay of game

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#7 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,677 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

It's an area that needs improvement, but not on JG's side finally. The delays are specifically on Romo. He'll get it taken care of.

Sounds good to me!

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#8 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

So you don't think that always snapping the ball close to 1 second is a good thing?

Doesn't bother me as long as were getting the play called and we dont have ten false start penalties, oh wait we did.
What I came to realize is that fear, that's the worst of it. That's the real enemy. So, get up, get out in the real world and you kick that ******* as hard as you can right in the teeth. - Walter White

#9 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Doesn't bother me as long as were getting the play called and we dont have ten false start penalties, oh wait we did.

Well it should bother you. Snapping the ball with 1 second left allows the defensive line to pin their ears back and attack at the snap.

#10 bosd

bosd

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

While I agree that JG/Romo need to do a better job when it comes to this department, however, in Romo;s defense, he was calling audibles at the line. I saw the Giants show blitz and Romo changing the plays at the line. It could be that the play is coming in a tad slower as well. If that is an issue, those 2-3 seconds that a play could come in earlier would be an extra 2-3 seconds Romo has to call his audibles and snap the ball with decent amount of time to spare.

Kaneh-Bosm

#11 danny11

danny11

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Locationmt. rainier, md

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

i think romo is among the finest clock managers we've ever had, certainly better than troy. he drains that thing down, and typically we have delays it seems when the offensive lineman du jour doesn't know what's goin on. i feel like every delay i've seen over the past two years, tony was desperately calling for the football.

like talking horror?  come hang out at

http://horrorforum.com

universal-monsters.jpg

#12 boutteman

boutteman

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,821 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe area, NV

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

the onus is on red~jesus.... he has been pretty bad at it his entire coaching career imo.

#13 afgirl0932

afgirl0932

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Man those freakin' offside and false start penalties are THE WORST. No I take that back...what bothers me even more is delay of game. Now I do like the fact that Romo was willing to do what he had to do and had a couple of great runs last night picking up some firsts. But in my opinion there's no excuse for Delay of Game penalties. Honestly there's no excuse for offside and false start penalties. The only people I won't give too much flack to regarding this are rookies; Vets should know better. But I'm going to give Romo the benefit of the doubt from now on, hoping he'll clean that up.