On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Orton Getting Any Attention?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

The rams actually contacted Favre to see if he would join the roster. The Bears are without Cutler, The Vikes have no QB, etc. 

srv37.jpg

#2 JP_Balfour

JP_Balfour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts
  • LocationMoberly, MO (temporarily)

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

hes not going anywhere....we don't have a 3rd qb that could be the backup and you have to have a solid backup in this league, esp after how our line has been in the past few years.  He may get a look or two, but teams probably realize that we would not move him

• TheUltimateFan likes this

3.27.2014....the cowboys have a new fan! 

Ayla Blair Balfour 6p5oz

#3 Kal-El of Krypton

Kal-El of Krypton

• Moderators
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

I would just hold onto him for now, he's at least a serviceable back-up and also the only QB we have on the roster behind the starter.

• Dazzy likes this

#4 unclefruitbat72

unclefruitbat72

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

No phone calls to Jerry for anything. :mellow:

• GMO415 likes this

"problem with releasing Krakens is the other team might have Perseus to kill them."

#5 ✭DEZILLA!✭

✭DEZILLA!✭

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • LocationQuincy, Illinois

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

If Romo went down, the season would basically be over. I wouldn't have a problem with Tanney filling in.
  • kskboys, America's Cowboy, SiCk_DiAbLo and 6 others like this

FacebookBanner_zps2bf15f87.jpg

#6 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

If the Cowboys were to have to rely on Orton, I don't think their playoff chances would be any good and he may just keep them from obtaining a top 15 draft pick. 

I'd take a 3rd round pick and be freed of his contract.

• WeLackFocus68 likes this

srv37.jpg

#7 ✭DEZILLA!✭

✭DEZILLA!✭

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

If the Cowboys were to have to rely on Orton, I don't think their playoff chances would be any good and he may just keep them from obtaining a top 15 draft pick.

I'd take a 3rd round pick and be freed of his contract.

I don't think anybody would offer a 3rd for Orton. We'd be stealing draft picks.

#8 TheStar

TheStar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

middle of the season QB trade.....not a good idea...so Orton's value at this point in the season is minimal.

offseason is a different story. Qb and the team will have time to get on the same page then.

lWAoT.St.117.jpg

#9 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

middle of the season QB trade.....not a good idea...so Orton's value at this point in the season is minimal.

offseason is a different story. Qb and the team will have time to get on the same page then.

Is he under contact beyond this year?

srv37.jpg

#10 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 26,800 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

If Romo went down, the season would basically be over. I wouldn't have a problem with Tanney filling in.

That's how I feel.    Maybe someone would throw a 3rd at us, hey?

I don't think anybody would offer a 3rd for Orton. We'd be stealing draft picks.

Maybe not, but there's some really desperate teams out there. 

• DCBlueStar and America's Cowboy like this

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#11 ✭DEZILLA!✭

✭DEZILLA!✭

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

That's how I feel. Maybe someone would throw a 3rd at us, hey?

Maybe not, but there's some really desperate teams out there.

If they did get such an offer, I don't see why they wouldn't jump on it. I think we're paying for Orton's experience but Tanney is the more talented and promising player.

#12 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 26,800 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

If they did get such an offer, I don't see why they wouldn't jump on it. I think we're paying for Orton's experience but Tanney is the more talented and promising player.

Misplaced optimism.  

Not even sure Tanney is more talented, but Orton's not going to get us there, so why not?

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#13 ajuarez

ajuarez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationButte Montana

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

i hope someone takes Orton off our hands , he stinks even as a backup

• SiCk_DiAbLo likes this

To know me is to hate me , if you don't know me , give it 10 minutes you'll hate me

#14 OMG Its Dallas Baby

OMG Its Dallas Baby

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I think if u move often u have to be sure u have a plan and get a return

Do u want vince young as a back up?

#15 chrispierce

chrispierce

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,533 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Heck no! Keep him,as you never know what can happen.This is his last year here,and he is already paid for.

#16 dark energy

dark energy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,037 posts
  • Locationlhc

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

wouldn't be surprised to find out our phones have been ringing regarding orton.  if i could get a quality player or good draft pick, i'd make the move.  if not, i wouldn't.  but no sense helping someone else if you can't help yourself more.

the greatest thing about the mysteries of the universe is that they can be understood.  

#17 Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

If Romo was out for a couple of game only, Orton could keep us in contention. If Romo was out for the season, the season is hosed and might as well test out Tanney and see if he's a decent longterm backup.

#18 Pass Rush

Pass Rush

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts
  • LocationMissing in Action

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Isn't Orton like the highest paid backup in the league? Trade him and his contract. I'd be fine with Tanney. Worst case scenario in the event Romo goes down is we don't win another game... giving us a higher draft pick. ;)

Cowboys-Image-2_zps8d3bb415.jpg

the user formerly known as SilverAndBlue.

#19 Pass Rush

Pass Rush

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts
  • LocationMissing in Action

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yep. 3 years. 10 mil. 5 mil signing bonus. Cap hit for 2014... 4.3 mil.

Cowboys-Image-2_zps8d3bb415.jpg

the user formerly known as SilverAndBlue.

#20 AllSaddleNoHorse (PC)

AllSaddleNoHorse (PC)

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,440 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

With Romo on the starting squad the season has been over when the post season rolls around.

And DO NOT FORGET that a disaster happened in 2010 to a playoff winning team of 2009 when they began the season 1-7 under Wade Phillips as HC-DC and Romo as the starting QB.

At the midway point, the Cowboys fired Wade Phillips and promoted Jason Garrett to Interim HC-OC. Garrett was given the instruction from Jerry Jones to win 5 out of the remaining 8 games on the schedule if he wanted a shot at being the full time HC.

Those remaining 8 games were played WITHOUT TONY ROMO due to Tony being injured.

Dez Bryant went down to injury also.

Old man Jon Kitna became the starter at QB and was injured so Clueless Stephen McGee took over. Cowboys won 5 out of the 8 games to finsih the second half of the 2010 season with a 5-3 record. Two halves of an NFL regular season at 5-3 would be 10-6 and a spot in the playoffs back in 2010.

Oh, and the Cowboys did that in the harder part of the 2010 schedule, with banged up RBs and a very equally exwecuted pass to run ratio scheme on offense.

The Cowboys CAN WIN without Romo just like they can lose games with Romo. Tony is just more exciting to watch as he scrambles around extending plays trying to make something happen since he can not effectively execute the west coast style of quick release dink n dunk short yardage pass plays that chew up blitz happy defenses. We saw him try at the beginning of this season and the forums filled with messages begging for the West Coast attack to cease.

The Cowboys can win games with Orton driving the bus.They won with Kitna driving the bus and won with McGee driving the bus.

• TheUltimateFan likes this

pjbz9K4.jpg

You can't even be paper champions when you are cowboys that are all saddle and no horse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users