On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Face It WE will NEVER see another Super Bowl while Jerry Jones owns this team

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 ManInTheMirror

ManInTheMirror

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Everything out there today is courtesy of the man who though he had more to do with our success than a certain Jimmy Johnson and will continue to wreck this team until he proves he can take us to a Super Bowl or departs this world and frankly given his competence in footballing matters the latter is far more likely.

Jerry Jones destroyed a dynasty to satisfy an ego he loves more than his supposedly beloved Cowboys and that ego won't let him admit he destroyed that dynasty or is incapable of rebuilding anything approaching it on his own or at all.

That is why we got what we got today. A defense totally shorn of quality personnel, a defensive coordinator worse than the one he fired and a head coach who still is more afraid to lose than he is willing to win. And we have all this thanks to our brilliant -in his own mind- general manager. This truly is Jerry Jones's team and what we have seen - since really he threw away a dynasty he  let a competent coach and general manager build because he needed even more credit for himself - is what Jerry Jones is truly capable of given control of a football team.

And frankly we will never reach let alone win another Super Bowl so long as he continues to protect his ego and runs this team he insists he loves in place indefinitely or into the ground. Jerry Jones has a problem he can't admit to and his denial is only making it worse. Yes Jason Garrett and Monte Kiffin must go but before they do Jerry Jones must let go or just go because it will never change until he accepts the reality that he is not a competent football general manger never was and never will be no matter how close he might think that day is. It is never coming.

Now I=s the time for Jerry jones to show us he truly loves the Dallas Cowboys and either resign as General manager and hire an outside veteran successful GM and let him make you and the team you love look good or just sell the Cowboys to someone who loves them enough or the money they can make enough to know better than to be another Jerry Jones.

• Signalman Chief, Bobhaze, beware d-ware and 3 others like this

#2 itendedin93

itendedin93

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have thought this so many times during the years. There is only one constant, and that is Jerry. I have no doubts that Jerry feels he does what is right for this team, and he spends a ton of money, but unfortunately, the ego just won't let him do what needs to be done.  

#3 ervall

ervall

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

True enough. Jones is at the root of the problems and he is too vain to hire a real GM.

#4 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

I hate Jerry with a passion.  But 'never' isn't exactly accurate.  Its partially true, but not totally.

All he has to do is swallow his pride and hire people who know how to run a damn team.  Do that and the team has a greater chance to succeed.  Hell, at this point I feel he would probably get close by dumping Garrett and bringing in a real coach  The idiot pretending to be a coach can't seem to wean himself of the training wheels.

• Signalman Chief, DDdave, Dr. Terry and 1 other like this

#5 Staubach Fan

Staubach Fan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Maybe instead of getting mad about this kind of loss,  I will take delight in knowing that Jerrah will be crying in his rotten glass of whiskey. More pain for Jerrah, he created this mess. 

• Dr. Terry, maxdogg, Rustler55 and 1 other like this

Emmitt_Smith_Dallas_Cowboys.jpg?13230535
Dallas fan since December 28,1975

#6 Dr. Terry

Dr. Terry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

unfortunatley it is the truth

#7 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Maybe instead of getting mad about this kind of loss,  I will take delight in knowing that Jerrah will be crying in his rotten glass of whiskey. More pain for Jerrah, he created this mess. 

Jerry won't cry.  All he's interested in is how much money he made with the sale of Cowboys souvenirs

up there in Detroit.

• Signalman Chief and Blahblahblah2k2 like this

#8 DallasT

DallasT

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

This is on Callahan and his brilliant play calling late in the game...once again. We had them, and his run 3 sweeps to lose yards and settle for a FG is what bit the team in the rear. 

I'm so over his dink and dunk and run the ball on every 1st down..when everyone knows that's what we're gonna do. The way the offense attacked Denver is the style we need weekly. Not this 4 yards, 3 yards..b.s. 

• jkprout@gmail.com likes this

#9 chicagocowboyfans

chicagocowboyfans

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Everything out there today is courtesy of the man who though he had more to do with our success than a certain Jimmy Johnson and will continue to wreck this team until he proves he can take us to a Super Bowl or departs this world and frankly given his competence in footballing matters the latter is far more likely.

Jerry Jones destroyed a dynasty to satisfy an ego he loves more than his supposedly beloved Cowboys and that ego won't let him admit he destroyed that dynasty or is incapable of rebuilding anything approaching it on his own or at all.

That is why we got what we got today. A defense totally shorn of quality personnel, a defensive coordinator worse than the one he fired and a head coach who still is more afraid to lose than he is willing to win. And we have all this thanks to our brilliant -in his own mind- general manager. This truly is Jerry Jones's team and what we have seen - since really he threw away a dynasty he  let a competent coach and general manager build because he needed even more credit for himself - is what Jerry Jones is truly capable of given control of a football team.

And frankly we will never reach let alone win another Super Bowl so long as he continues to protect his ego and runs this team he insists he loves in place indefinitely or into the ground. Jerry Jones has a problem he can't admit to and his denial is only making it worse. Yes Jason Garrett and Monte Kiffin must go but before they do Jerry Jones must let go or just go because it will never change until he accepts the reality that he is not a competent football general manger never was and never will be no matter how close he might think that day is. It is never coming.

Now I=s the time for Jerry jones to show us he truly loves the Dallas Cowboys and either resign as General manager and hire an outside veteran successful GM and let him make you and the team you love look good or just sell the Cowboys to someone who loves them enough or the money they can make enough to know better than to be another Jerry Jones.

EXACTLY! I have been saying this for a few years. Jones needs to step down from the GM position and let a real GM take over.

09000d5d826186bd_gallery_600.jpg

#10 chicagocowboyfans

chicagocowboyfans

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

No....the fans will be crying over this. Jerry will be counting his billions and laughing.

#11 ManInTheMirror

ManInTheMirror

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I agree and said that actually that was the  point about Jerry Jones "must let go or just go". He must put his ego aside and face that fact that he is not good enough as a general manager and bring in someone who is. I said specifically" he must resign as general manager and hire and outside veteran successful manager"  or that he should sell the team if he really loves the Cowboys

I hate Jerry with a passion.  But 'never' isn't exactly accurate.  Its partially true, but not totally.

All he has to do is swallow his pride and hire people who know how to run a damn team.  Do that and the team has a greater chance to succeed.  Hell, at this point I feel he would probably get close by dumping Garrett and bringing in a real coach  The idiot pretending to be a coach can't seem to wean himself of the training wheels.

#12 GunslingerRomo5

GunslingerRomo5

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

How the heck can you possibly blame this on Jerry Jones? Really? You want to play the blame game? Blame this defense for NEVER being able to close out a game. This is not on JJ.

#13 PeterMetys

PeterMetys

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Jerry Jones is one of the best NFL owners I can thing of.

I thing, this is simpler than that. Seems to me like everybody in the world knows that prevent defence only prevents you from winning games. Somehow Cowboys stuff never heard about it! I watched Cowboys for years loosing close games by dumping what worked for them for the 58 minutes of the game and switching to the prevent defence and losing the game. If anything, I wish Jerry J. addressed this problem with the coaching stuff. As soon as Cowboys start playing 60 minutes of consistent Cowboys football every game, we will se them in a Super Bowl.

#14 chicagocowboyfans

chicagocowboyfans

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

While us long time loyal Cowboys fans have to take the pain of being mediocre since the mid 90s.....Jerry will be counting his millions more this week, and billions in the bank.

Fans are the losers here. How sad is that? We just want to win.

The 2nd most valuable team in the world and 1st in the US....is just an average to bad team. This has been going on since after their last Super Bowl.

• TD33for99, maxdogg, Deathevokation and 1 other like this

#15 chicagocowboyfans

chicagocowboyfans

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Oh.....and that Romo has a $108 million contract that ties us up from getting anyone else to fill those holes.

• maxdogg and ajuarez like this

#16 brailing

brailing

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

Things won't change until he sells 10000 seats out of 90000. Then there will be changes. He only understands $$$$$
  • jsb357 likes this

1320782135_cobra_cat.gif

#17 rocknrollinhoneybadger

rocknrollinhoneybadger

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Oh.....and that Romo has a $108 million contract that ties us up from getting anyone else to fill those holes.

Yep, Romo the guy who never won anything worthwhile in his life.  A QB with 1 playoff win has a $108 million contract. And that right there is why the Cowboys will continue to fail

• maxdogg likes this

artworks-000062342641-p90d1z-original.jp

#18 ManInTheMirror

ManInTheMirror

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Who is the General manager? Who hired the coach coaches and drafted and signed the players?

Why do you think that when Jerry hired Jimmy Johnson as HC and GM he built a DYNASTY that won back-to-back SuperBowls under him and a third two years later with largely his team and talent and since Jerry Jones really established himself as GM and built his team we have won like one playoff game in over a decade now.

How the heck can you possibly blame this on Jerry Jones? Really? You want to play the blame game? Blame this defense for NEVER being able to close out a game. This is not on JJ.

#19 boysfanperiod

boysfanperiod

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Subtle disguised Romo thread?

• ajuarez likes this

Quitters are just losers in waiting. Get over the hump.

#20 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,130 posts
  • Location714

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Got to love it.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users