You are here

Photo

Tough Game Tomorrow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#21 greggtxsports

greggtxsports

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,919 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Unless AD rushes for more than 300 yards and scores like 5 TD's Vikings have little else on offense to concern me even with worse defense in NFL.

I look for TO's to play a key role for us today. There's a reason Minn is 1-6. They are struggling at the QB position which provides us hope as we fare much better on defense with a weak QB.

Jason+Garrett+Dallas+Cowboys+v+San+Diego

#22 cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

It "shouldn't" be a tough game but we'll make it one..we always play down to lesser teams

#23 Signalman Chief

Signalman Chief

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

If Dallas can't beat the Vikings at home, then there is no reason to waste time with them....

#24 uvaballa

uvaballa

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

I disagree, I believe tomorrow's game against the Vikings will look similar to Rams game and Redskins game this year.

I agree, the only way I see them losing is by having a terrible game plan and allowing the vikes to hang around. Put 8 guys in the box all game and make ponder beat you. On O spread them out and tear up that banged up secondary. Also chip block or double Allen b/c he can disrupt things.

gh6Qe0q.jpg

#25 The VOR

The VOR

Professional Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

What amazes me are the guys who predictes the biggest blowouts are ALWAYS the ones who complain the most after a loss. Here's a clue dudes, stop overestimating this team. Some guys are like women, they all talk about the pain of child birth but can't wait to have another! If men were the ones to have kids there would be three people in the world. Ever.

Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the cost becomes prohibitive.- Wiliiam F. Buckley Jr.

#26 uvaballa

uvaballa

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

What amazes me are the guys who predictes the biggest blowouts are ALWAYS the ones who complain the most after a loss. Here's a clue dudes, stop overestimating this team. Some guys are like women, they all talk about the pain of child birth but can't wait to have another! If men were the ones to have kids there would be three people in the world. Ever.

It may not be a blow out but the cowboys should have a comfortable lead going into the 4th quarter. I know "any given Sunday" but if they can hang with the chiefs and broncos they should handle teams like the rams, eagles, Vikings etc.

gh6Qe0q.jpg

#27 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

W/ Waters out and our D in shreds, I just don't see why everyone thinks this will be a blowout.     The game scares me.   

Hey, if I'm wrong and we send them to willy-nilly land, you guys are welcome to bring this thread back up and tell me how wrong I was.      

I think all cowboys games on the schedule will be tough. Margin of victory is one of the most overrated stats that too many people put a lot of stock in.

I don't predict scores anymore- you can't with our team. But I do think we should win. If I was game planning for the vi-queens, I would try to control the clock with big doses of AP and use a short passing game by isolating a RB as a receiver out of the backfield since Bruce Carter still can't seem to cover anyone. Cowboys have the better offense but again, that doesn't always translate to W's.

The "good guys" should win, but nothing- I mean nothing would surprise me about this team.

1675w5e.jpg

#28 Original fan since 1975

Original fan since 1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,090 posts
  • LocationThe Jersey Shore

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Anybody who thinks any game we play should be a blowout has expectations that are unrealistic. Which is why after a loss the forums are on suicide watch! Every game will be a battle....period. It's how you rebound that matters!

W/ Waters out and our D in shreds, I just don't see why everyone thinks this will be a blowout.     The game scares me.   

Hey, if I'm wrong and we send them to willy-nilly land, you guys are welcome to bring this thread back up and tell me how wrong I was.      

#29 The VOR

The VOR

Professional Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

It may not be a blow out but the cowboys should have a comfortable lead going into the 4th quarter. I know "any given Sunday" but if they can hang with the chiefs and broncos they should handle teams like the rams, eagles, Vikings etc.

The problem being they play up to or down to the competition. I think a lot of people are overlooking the importants of continuity of the OL. Remove one component and it changes everything.

Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the cost becomes prohibitive.- Wiliiam F. Buckley Jr.

#30 uvaballa

uvaballa

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

The problem being they play up to or down to the competition. I think a lot of people are overlooking the importants of continuity of the OL. Remove one component and it changes everything.

Yeah I understand that but berny was in there the first 3 games I believe. I guess I just really want a win today. There are a lot of Viking fans in Dallas this week.

gh6Qe0q.jpg

#31 texas lizard

texas lizard

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Expecting a win, but not a blowout. Imo this team doesn't have the weapons or killer instinct to rebound from a loss (and a disheartening one at that) and make a statement with a huge win. The team has more of a knack for underwhelming than surprising fans with an overachieving level of play. Anticipating the general reaction if this is a blowout win, if it's a win without being impressive, or if it proves to be a loss. If the team wins by a large margin with fans have renewed confidence in the future? If the team wins by a small margin will there be frustration by a less than impressive win? And in the event of a loss what level of anger will take shape?

As the Dallas Cowboy World Turns.

#32 beware d-ware

beware d-ware

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Not as worried as you are, KSK. This is a one-win team we are talking about. Their passing game is non-existant, they are out 3 starting DBs, and they aren't even giving the ball to the defending MVP. The Vikings are arguably the worst squad we've played so far, and the only way they could really beat us is if we beat ourselves or if Adrian Peterson has a freak-out game.

The game plan today is so simple even Garrett and Kiffin can't screw it up. On defense, load up the box with eight men on every down - Christian Ponder ain't going to beat you deep - and on offense just send Dez and Williams deep. This'll be an easy game.

This Gif is so filthy that the mods are probably going to ban me for it

r0nferno6hcknej1omkj.gif

#33 kskboys

kskboys

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 30,847 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Anyone ready to change their prognostication, or are we going to blow them out in the 2nd half?

Here's another example of needing talent.   We're loading the box, but the truth is our DFront is simply not talented enough.   Peterson is running ragged on our 8 man front, and Ponder is proving what I thought, he's OK, but he's really OK w/ no pressure. 

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#34 kskboys

kskboys

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 30,847 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

How about now?

(Gotta admit, this is fun)

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#35 The VOR

The VOR

Professional Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Not as worried as you are, KSK. This is a one-win team we are talking about. Their passing game is non-existant, they are out 3 starting DBs, and they aren't even giving the ball to the defending MVP. The Vikings are arguably the worst squad we've played so far, and the only way they could really beat us is if we beat ourselves or if Adrian Peterson has a freak-out game.

The game plan today is so simple even Garrett and Kiffin can't screw it up. On defense, load up the box with eight men on every down - Christian Ponder ain't going to beat you deep - and on offense just send Dez and Williams deep. This'll be an easy game.

I hope you're not a financial adviser. If so I fully exspect a spike in the suicide rates!

#36 kskboys

kskboys

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 30,847 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Aren't we really close to allowing Ponder 300 yds?

#37 heathgs

heathgs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Why people think any game we play is a certain win is beyond me.

#38 hpdubb_og

hpdubb_og

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Aren't we really close to allowing Ponder 300 yds?

KSK. I'm so sick right now after this win... Very lackluster

#39 kskboys

kskboys

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 30,847 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

KSK. I'm so sick right now after this win... Very lackluster

This game was almost exactly what I expected.     We've been playing like this for years.      Our biggest problem is getting owned at the LOS.      You simply will not be consistently good if your O and Dline are getting owned as ours did once again.    That's what makes us look lackluster.    Good word, BTW.  

#40 hpdubb_og

hpdubb_og

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

This game was almost exactly what I expected. We've been playing like this for years. Our biggest problem is getting owned at the LOS. You simply will not be consistently good if your O and Dline are getting owned as ours did once again. That's what makes us look lackluster. Good word, BTW.

I agree! Not much push on either side of the ball.. It's a shame...