12 replies to this topic

#1 boyzfan13

boyzfan13

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Cowboys run output vs vikings was an alltime low. They managed to eek out a win against a wretched team. Thats not going to happen against a better team in new orleans . Tony will get sacked a half dozen times as their defense will be rushing all game long. Cowboys are going to lose in embarrassing fashion.

#2 Don

Don

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,034 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

xD3IFIA.jpg

• Slimware likes this

WFKVUOB.gif

#3 Carter

Carter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Maybe someone should call BC and tell him it actually is allowed to run the ball.

• Keithfansince5 likes this

#4 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

The run game has failed us and that is why Callahan has gone away from it.  We rank 27th in the league in rushing first downs.  We punt a lot more when we have tried to run the ball.

#5 DallasCowboys92

DallasCowboys92

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I say pass , who are the starting cornerbacks on the saints? ...

COWBOYS-ROOM-590x900.jpg

#6 willia451

willia451

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

There were people out here that were warning that the Vikings were better than their 1-6 record suggested.

I more or less agreed.  But you are what your record says you are.  So that's how everyone sees it.

As far as NO is concerned.  Yes.  We won't be favored to win.  But we'll go in there and give them a go.

I also suspect we'll come up a with a more balanced game plan than we had against the Vikings (whose secondary is horrible).

Let's just wait and see what happens before we bury the Cowboys to a blow out.

Everyone said blow out against the Broncos.  Didn't happen.

We'll see.

#7 Keithfansince5

Keithfansince5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Well the Saints are ranked 32nd against the rush so I hope to God that Billie boy and Jason wise up and say hey, we can run against this team. If they go to the pass 50+ option as they did yesterday they will get slaughtered.

Also, Dallas is a good rushing team. Yes I said it. Why? Because when they run they do fairly well. Problem is we just don't call enough rushing plays. So everyone stop saying we are not a good rushing team. We are a team who is not good at calling rushing plays. There is a difference.

Fishermen, check out my business website here.

Firejerry.gif

FIRE JERRY!!!!

#8 cowgirl3211

cowgirl3211

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Whatever the game plan is protecting Romo and the ball is a must. The Jets proved the Saints can be beat. Defense must be their best. JG and company must have a solid day COACHING and a WIN is Possible.

#9 Deathevokation

Deathevokation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

We don't even try to run the ball.  9 times in yesterdays game is pathetic and it is poor game planning and management.  Our o-line isn't the best, but the message the coaches are sending them and the RB's is that they don't have confidence of belief in their ability to get the ground game going and sustained.  Furthermore, all that passing kills our defense, we are not winning time of possession, we are not mauling their defense and tiring them out, and we have more shots at turnovers.  Really this is all football 101 stuff so I am just blown away that we just keep avoiding the run. 

• Keithfansince5 likes this

tumblr_mbdq0lyqx01ra90n2o1_500.jpg

#10 rick2238

rick2238

Professional Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Cowboys run output vs vikings was an alltime low. They managed to eek out a win against a wretched team. Thats not going to happen against a better team in new orleans . Tony will get sacked a half dozen times as their defense will be rushing all game long. Cowboys are going to lose in embarrassing fashion.

Hay the Jets 26- Saints 20 we can win this !

• cowgirl3211 likes this

#11 WashingtonD.C.Cowboysfan

WashingtonD.C.Cowboysfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

No run game vs any team equals disaster.

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!!!

#12 WashingtonD.C.Cowboysfan

WashingtonD.C.Cowboysfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

I was thinking the same thing yet knowing our team and how inconsistent we are im not going to hold my breath.. For us to win this game Our O has to be in sync from jump.. We had em on the ropes last season and im hoping that left a bad taste in Tony's moth

Hay the Jets 26- Saints 20 we can win this !

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!!!

#13 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

The run game has failed us and that is why Callahan has gone away from it.  We rank 27th in the league in rushing first downs.  We punt a lot more when we have tried to run the ball.

I agree with this. They arent getting anywhere running the ball and defenses do not respect it because its not effective. As much as im in favor of somehow finding an effective running game, I just dont see it. I keep asking myself the question if I was calling the plays would I be calling many running plays. As much as I know how important it is and how we need to be able to show it, as the play caller I would have absolutely ZERO confidence in calling any running plays. That fact would make it extremely difficult to call many runs.

Another factor is the way these games are unfolding. They are tight. The offense cant get anything going. The defense is giving up yards like a $2 hooker gives up whatever it is they give up. As the play caller, I could see where Callahan is thinking he needs to call plays that will allow the team to make something happen. Right now, that is by letting Romo throw it. I dont necessarily like it, but it is what it is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users