You are here

Photo

SAINTS are OVERRATED!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 FatSack

FatSack

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

So far the Saints have only beaten 1 team with a winning record. they started this season with a fairly easier schedule than the Cowboys did. yes they are a good team BUT not as much as they are hyped up to be.

Plus the refs really protect Drew Brees, he got 2 roughing the passer calls on the Jets game that was pure bullcrap. If it was Romo, NO WAY he would get that call!!

#2 ajuarez

ajuarez

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • LocationButte Montana

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

FAAAAK EM ,  GO COWBOYS , we owe Payton and Ryan

To know me is to hate me , if you don't know me , give it 10 minutes you'll hate me

#3 dcowboy31

dcowboy31

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

lol well we've beat zero teams with a winning record

#4 Willpak

Willpak

Landry Hat

• Moderators
  • 37,379 posts
  • Locationis none of your business. =)

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

SAINTS are OVERRATED!!

Hope you're right. 

Hard work will always overcome natural talent when natural talent doesn't work hard enough. - Alex Ferguson

#5 TNCowboyfan

TNCowboyfan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

I don't think you can over rate Brees. He is a good down the field passer and our secondary has been getting torched all season.

#6 Xeven

Xeven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

I think we could possibly win this one if we can play them like we did Denver. I think Romo can outscore Brees. Our D must stop them some this game though.

Jerry it aint Rocket Science. "Its the Offensive Line Stupid"

And for the next four seasons, Aikman would be protected by the biggest, baddest offensive line in NFL history.

320-pound left guard Nate Newton, "The Kitchen."

The other starters, with weight and nicknames: right tackle Erik Williams, 324 pounds, "Big E;" Allen, 326, "Odd Job," from the character in the James Bond movie "Goldfinger;" center Derek Kennard, 333, "Big Baby," as in Huey; left tackle Mark Tuinei, 305, "Pineapple," because he is Hawaiian.

#7 Kal-El of Krypton

Kal-El of Krypton

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Saints are over-rated every year but that's because they're good.  Explosive offense and a defense that's improving under Ryan.  I wouldn't rule them out of the Super Bowl race in January, even though almost every good team in the NFL is in the NFC.

#8 TNCowboyfan

TNCowboyfan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

Just not the east. lol

Saints are over-rated every year but that's because they're good.  Explosive offense and a defense that's improving under Ryan.  I wouldn't rule them out of the Super Bowl race in January, even though almost every good team in the NFL is in the NFC.

#9 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Playing at home, in prime-time, after a loss is not a good way to face the Saints.

#10 JP_Balfour

JP_Balfour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,138 posts
  • LocationMoberly, MO (temporarily)

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

i hope ware has a monster game

#11 boutteman

boutteman

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 5,242 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe area, NV

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

everything involved in this mediocre, parity-filled league is over-rated.

do you realize the crappy cowboys could be holding the #2 NFC playoff spot if they win against the Saints on Sunday Night?!

lol

JGpiggie.jpg

#12 Cowboysheels049

Cowboysheels049

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

I don't think you can over rate Brees. He is a good down the field passer and our secondary has been getting torched all season.

#13 natrlone

natrlone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

Doesn't matter who rates who where come sunday. Just have to play good football to beat them.

#14 Cowboysheels049

Cowboysheels049

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Not a good combo then. I see the Lions game all again.

#15 Greglh

Greglh

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Doesn't matter whether they are overrated or not.   What matters is our play calling and execution.
If we don't run the ball well or score points like we should we won't win.  But that comes with every game.  On any Sunday, Monday, Thursday... a team can win.    We have to make the most of our time and I don't feel that we do.  

I'm still agitated over how long it takes us to ADJUST our game plan to make drives successful.
We should have contingency plans already drawn up if a team doubles DEZ?  If they double DEZ and WITTEN?  If they double DEZ and TWill?   etc....   We should see this early on and move to that plan rather than waiting and wasting an entire half of football.

The opening drive of each game seems to determine our game production or outcome.
We need to come out on fire.  Come out like we are prepared.   Have short passing plays in the mix and running plays and screens rolling.   Introduce some things early so you know how they will attack it.  Toss in a 4 or 5 wr set in early and see what they do.  No huddle.  We don't appear to set the opponent up. 

#16 PleaseBelieve I DEZIRV

PleaseBelieve I DEZIRV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm having nightmares of Jimmy Graham in the slot against Scandrick Ahhhhh....

#17 greggtxsports

greggtxsports

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,919 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

everything involved in this mediocre, parity-filled league is over-rated.

do you realize the crappy cowboys could be holding the #2 NFC playoff spot if they win against the Saints on Sunday Night?!

lol

How can that be?

We have 4 losses and the Saints only have 2 with a 3 way tie in the North with 3 losses?

Jason+Garrett+Dallas+Cowboys+v+San+Diego

#18 rogeraikman

rogeraikman

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

So exactly what is the Saint's rating? How was it calculated, who calculated it and how is it higher than it's true intrinsic value? Do you have a link to show all teams' ratings? What is the Cowboys rating and how does it compare to the Saints' rating?

#19 Luminator

Luminator

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

How can that be?

We have 4 losses and the Saints only have 2 with a 3 way tie in the North with 3 losses?

We will have 10 total games and some of these teams will only have 9 games completed because they already had a bye week. That is the only math that makes any sense...

#20 greggtxsports

greggtxsports

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,919 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

We will have 10 total games and some of these teams will only have 9 games completed because they already had a bye week. That is the only math that makes any sense...

It still doesn't add up. I think he simply made a mistake.

No way we can be the #2 seed after week 10 with 4 losses.

NO would have 3 losses and Seattle and or SF have 1 and 2 heading into week 10 even if every team in North lost with 3 losses each.

Best we can be is the #4 seed regardless of the outcome against Saints.

Jason+Garrett+Dallas+Cowboys+v+San+Diego