#1 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

How's it going fellow Cowboys fanatics? This is my first post. I am a big Cowboys fan as well as Tony Romo fan and it pains me to say the following. I am going to say this: GET RID OF TONY ROMO AND GET JOHNNY MANZIEL! As we all know, Johnny Manziel will be entering the upcoming NFL draft for next season. It would be in Jerry Jones' best interest in doing WHATEVER MEANS is necessary in acquiring Johnny Manziel. We all, as well as Jerry Jones, know for fact that Tony Romo has always lacked the heart that is needed to take the Cowboys to the next level. Sure, Romo may have the statistics as a winner, but he has still been unable to get the Cowboys to the Superbowl. Johnny Manziel has the heart, as well as all of the tools that is needed to get the Cowboys to the Superbowl and win it all. I say get rid of Romo and bring on Manziel.

Now I ask all of you, my fellow Cowboys fans, what do you think of this? 

• Star1965 likes this

#2 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

If I could replace one position on the Cowboys, it'd be the GM.

• rbarbosa likes this

#3 equalizer74

equalizer74

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

So you know a team that wants a 108 million dollar contract that comes with a 33 year old QB that has won NOTHING do you??

#4 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

If I could replace one position on the Cowboys, it'd be the GM.

I couldn't agree with you more Juggernaut, in my opinion, Jerry Jones has done more harm than good for the Cowboys. Besides, I'm still pissed off at Jerry Jones for firing Tom Landry!

#5 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

So you know a team that wants a 108 million dollar contract that comes with a 33 year old QB that has won NOTHING do you??

Yeah, pretty much every single team in the NFL will want Romo but he won't win a Superbowl where ever he goes. Jerry Jones can use the money he gets for Romo as well as add more money to acquire Manziel. Lets face it, Manziel is a natural leader that possesses a winning heart, what does Romo have?        

#6 Carter

Carter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Dude you dont know how Pro Football works.

You are playing way too much Madden.

1.) Not every single Team wants Romo. He can be lucky if a single Team wants him

2.) You ever heard about Capspace? Most Teams are in Cap Hell and cant eat a 108 Million $ Contract. The few Teams that could are in rebuilding mode and arent gonna destroy their rebuilding with bringing in a 33 Yeard old Vet.

3.) Manziel is a school kid and too small and Turnover Prone to play in the NFL. What do you think he will look like when get gets sacked by a guy like Sue or JPP?

Yeah, pretty much every single team in the NFL will want Romo but he won't win a Superbowl where ever he goes. Jerry Jones can use the money he gets for Romo as well as add more money to acquire Manziel. Lets face it, Manziel is a natural leader that possesses a winning heart, what does Romo have?        

#7 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

Dude you dont know how Pro Football works.

You are playing way too much Madden.

1.) Not every single Team wants Romo. He can be lucky if a single Team wants him

2.) You ever heard about Capspace? Most Teams are in Cap Hell and cant eat a 108 Million $ Contract. The few Teams that could are in rebuilding mode and arent gonna destroy their rebuilding with bringing in a 33 Yeard old Vet.

3.) Manziel is a school kid and too small and Turnover Prone to play in the NFL. What do you think he will look like when get gets sacked by a guy like Sue or JPP?

Hi Carter! What if I told you I was John Madden? Ha Ha! Just kidding!

Carter, you are ABSOLUTELY right, Romo would be lucky if a single team would want him! I just wanted to hear another fellow Cowboys fan say it other than myself, I was just giving Romo a little respect seeing that this is the Dallas Cowboys website. 

Manziel, Small? Wasn't Fran Tarkenton small when he played for the Vikings? Manziel is being compared to Fran Tarkenton only better! Many teams said that Tony Dorsett was too small, Barry Sanders was too small, Emmitt Smith was too small, what did they do? They became LEGENDS! Being small in the NFL doesn't mean as much as it used to, its talent that speaks louder than words.

In my opinion, Romo is going to be another Danny White, performed well on the field statistically but could not win the big one.        

#8 greggtxsports

greggtxsports

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

How's it going fellow Cowboys fanatics? This is my first post. I am a big Cowboys fan as well as Tony Romo fan and it pains me to say the following. I am going to say this: GET RID OF TONY ROMO AND GET JOHNNY MANZIEL! As we all know, Johnny Manziel will be entering the upcoming NFL draft for next season. It would be in Jerry Jones' best interest in doing WHATEVER MEANS is necessary in acquiring Johnny Manziel. We all, as well as Jerry Jones, know for fact that Tony Romo has always lacked the heart that is needed to take the Cowboys to the next level. Sure, Romo may have the statistics as a winner, but he has still been unable to get the Cowboys to the Superbowl. Johnny Manziel has the heart, as well as all of the tools that is needed to get the Cowboys to the Superbowl and win it all. I say get rid of Romo and bring on Manziel.

Great question!

I think Manziels biggest attraction to Jerry is his marketability with the huge A&M fanbase. Jerry no doubt has been looking more at Texas & Oklahoma college players especially at the schools with alumni potential customers to Jerry like OK, OK ST, Tx, TX Tech & A&M alumni in Metroplex .

Manziel could provide Jerry something to sell for another 10 years. But if we did take Johnny, I'd expect to retain Romo thru his guaranteed contract in 2015. With Johnny only being a sophmore coming out sitting on bench a couple of years would be asset for him while being our #2 QB a play away from starting.

The key will be Manziels draft postion.  We have so many other needs. Many aren't sure of his potential in NFL which QB is always a gamble. But if Johhny drops to below 1st round as many are predicting then I might say take him but I would'nt give up picks to manuever to move up in 1st rd to get him.I'm not even sure we take a QB in 2014. But I'd be interested if there was one there we wanted.

Jason+Garrett+Dallas+Cowboys+v+San+Diego[color=rgb(255,0,0)][size=5][b]

#9 spacecowboy

spacecowboy

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBend Oregon

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

Hi Carter! What if I told you I was John Madden? Ha Ha! Just kidding!

Carter, you are ABSOLUTELY right, Romo would be lucky if a single team would want him! I just wanted to hear another fellow Cowboys fan say it other than myself, I was just giving Romo a little respect seeing that this is the Dallas Cowboys website. 

Manziel, Small? Wasn't Fran Tarkenton small when he played for the Vikings? Manziel is being compared to Fran Tarkenton only better! Many teams said that Tony Dorsett was too small, Barry Sanders was too small, Emmitt Smith was too small, what did they do? They became LEGENDS! Being small in the NFL doesn't mean as much as it used to, its talent that speaks louder than words.

In my opinion, Romo is going to be another Danny White, performed well on the field statistically but could not win the big one.        

Fran Tarkenton.....There's a timely reference. Im sure the NFL hasn't changed at all since Tarkenton played the game 40 years ago! LOL.

#10 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,685 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

I think it's stupid.

1. Johnny boy has shown nothing anywhere close to NFL talent. Period.

2. These read option plays aren't really becoming big time red roses.

3. RGIII was hurt and  has sucked. Kaepernick has sucked. Vick was hurt and sucked. EJ Manuel was hurt and sucked. Geno Smith has sucked. Pryor was hurt and sucked. Running with the ball, Johnny's thrill, isn't as simply as the NCAA.

Johnny isn't going to be playing against little kids.

#11 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,685 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

LMAO

The NFL isn't the NCAA. Get that inside your head. He won't be playing against no-name teams. He won't be playing against 120 lb college kids.

This comment is being put up with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter of the Missouri game.

He's lost against each of the 3 ranked teams he's played this year.

#12 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Great question!

I think Manziels biggest attraction to Jerry is his marketability with the huge A&M fanbase. Jerry no doubt has been looking more at Texas & Oklahoma college players especially at the schools with alumni potential customers to Jerry like OK, OK ST, Tx, TX Tech & A&M alumni in Metroplex .

Manziel could provide Jerry something to sell for another 10 years. But if we did take Johnny, I'd expect to retain Romo thru his guaranteed contract in 2015. With Johnny only being a sophmore coming out sitting on bench a couple of years would be asset for him while being our #2 QB a play away from starting.

The key will be Manziels draft postion.  We have so many other needs. Many aren't sure of his potential in NFL which QB is always a gamble. But if Johhny drops to below 1st round as many are predicting then I might say take him but I would'nt give up picks to manuever to move up in 1st rd to get him.I'm not even sure we take a QB in 2014. But I'd be interested if there was one there we wanted.

Hi GregTxSports, I hope that you and everyone here on the forum had a great Thanksgiving, I had too much turducken if you know what I mean! Ha Ha! Thank you for your comment, you did make a great point. Take care. 

#13 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Fran Tarkenton.....There's a timely reference. Im sure the NFL hasn't changed at all since Tarkenton played the game 40 years ago! LOL.

Hi spacecowboy, or are you the Gangster of Love? Ha Ha! Thank God it hasn't, I sure wouldn't like to see a lot of Francis Scott Tarkenton's running around the NFL, one was enough. Take care.  

#14 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think it's stupid.

1. Johnny boy has shown nothing anywhere close to NFL talent. Period.

2. These read option plays aren't really becoming big time red roses.

3. RGIII was hurt and  has sucked. Kaepernick has sucked. Vick was hurt and sucked. EJ Manuel was hurt and sucked. Geno Smith has sucked. Pryor was hurt and sucked. Running with the ball, Johnny's thrill, isn't as simply as the NCAA.

Johnny isn't going to be playing against little kids.

How's it going mrsouthpaw? My my my, aren't you full of comments today! Ha Ha! In reference to your first comment, you're right, all the other Quarterbacks you mentioned SUCKED! You're right, Johnny isn't playing against little kids, he's playing against BIG kids!

#15 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

LMAO

The NFL isn't the NCAA. Get that inside your head. He won't be playing against no-name teams. He won't be playing against 120 lb college kids.

This comment is being put up with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter of the Missouri game.

He's lost against each of the 3 ranked teams he's played this year.

No no no no, you need to get inside your head that the NCAA is NOT the NFL!

#16 greggtxsports

greggtxsports

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

New rumors floating around that Johnny's parents are trying to convince him to stay in school another year. Remember his family is wealthy so the money in NFL can wait.

Jason+Garrett+Dallas+Cowboys+v+San+Diego[color=rgb(255,0,0)][size=5][b]

#17 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

New rumors floating around that Johnny's parents are trying to convince him to stay in school another year. Remember his family is wealthy so the money in NFL can wait.

Hi diehardblues! How are you? If Johnny decides to stay in school and avoid the NFL draft till he graduates, more power to him. However, if you have been hearing and reading the rumors, Manziel is still contemplating going into the NFL despite what his parents are telling him. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

diehardblues, I'd like to ask you a question, now that Mike Shanahan is fired from the Redskins, what do you think of the possibility of Jerry Jones and the Cowboys hiring Mike Shanahan? No offense or disrespect to Jason Garrett, but he does not have enough experience in running a team like the Cowboys let alone making the big decisions on the field. I am looking forward to your response, take care.     

#18 Hoodini

Hoodini

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

As a Cowboys fan practically my whole life I have always wondered why would a franchise pay this much money to a QB with only 1 playoff win. It is mind boggling and cannot for the life of me figure it out from a business standpoint. As far as how good Romo is or has been I agree, he is not a Super Bowl caliber pedigree QB. The players are good enough and the staff is good enough, but Romo just can't make a good play when it matters the most in the post season. It's ongoing every season now since I don't know when. Manzeil is an awesome QB but in college aren't they all. It's "Johnny football"....this kid is like superman. Bringing him into Dallas and not to mention he did say he'd love to play for the Dallas Cowboys, he would definitely take this team places. The system in this Cowboys franchise would suit Johnny Manzeil perfectly. If Jerry Jones can see this as logic, and not put any emotional distractional decision into it as the GM, then Dallas would improve by far.

#19 CowboyFanForever

CowboyFanForever

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

As a Cowboys fan practically my whole life I have always wondered why would a franchise pay this much money to a QB with only 1 playoff win. It is mind boggling and cannot for the life of me figure it out from a business standpoint. As far as how good Romo is or has been I agree, he is not a Super Bowl caliber pedigree QB. The players are good enough and the staff is good enough, but Romo just can't make a good play when it matters the most in the post season. It's ongoing every season now since I don't know when. Manzeil is an awesome QB but in college aren't they all. It's "Johnny football"....this kid is like superman. Bringing him into Dallas and not to mention he did say he'd love to play for the Dallas Cowboys, he would definitely take this team places. The system in this Cowboys franchise would suit Johnny Manzeil perfectly. If Jerry Jones can see this as logic, and not put any emotional distractional decision into it as the GM, then Dallas would improve by far.

How's it going Hoodini, how are you? You're saying what I've been trying to say all along: Romo doesn't have what it takes or possess the heart that is needed to take the Cowboys to the next level. I hate saying this about Romo and it even breaks my heart but I have to think and say what I feel is best in the interest of the Cowboys. All I will say is this: THE STAGE IS SET, IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE WITHING THE COWBOYS ORGANIZATION, BRING ON MIKE SHANAHAN AND JOHNNY MANZIEL!

P.S. The Aggies just beat Duke in a WILD one 52 to 48. Was that a game or what?

#20 ebevan91

ebevan91

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Yeah that game was amazing. I was gonna quit watching but I'm glad I changed my mind and turned it back on early in the 3rd quarter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users