On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

I don't know why our fans...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 dallascbfan

dallascbfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

...are getting so caught up on caring about the media should be eating crow about this team? I mean, I really don't give a crap about any of these so-called experts on TV say about this team. All I know is I just want to observe this team play and enjoy the wins and "worry" about the losses.

I know you are going to bust out that card about me not being a loyal fan and should defend this team. But honestly, do you really think the media care about what you think or post on this board? Highly doubt it. So why don't we just enjoy this team and wait for the glorious day.

Just saying... :)

#2 cnuball21

cnuball21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

...are getting so caught up on caring about the media should be eating crow about this team? I mean, I really don't give a crap about any of these so-called experts on TV say about this team. All I know is I just want to observe this team play and enjoy the wins and "worry" about the losses.

I know you are going to bust out that card about me not being a loyal fan and should defend this team. But honestly, do you really think the media care about what you think or post on this board? Highly doubt it. So why don't we just enjoy this team and wait for the glorious day.

I could care less what the media thinks. For some reason we always get the "Dallas is super talented but can't win" card. We've had a makeshift OL and a pedestrian defense the past several years so I don't see what they are talking about.

I just want us to be good.

#3 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,472 posts
  • Location714

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Let's face it, the Boys were blatantly disrespected by all the media pros....

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#4 BCarr39

BCarr39

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

I don't even watch NFLnetwork or bspn.Only time I turn on my tv for Cowboys info is local Dallas.And I listen to the game over Cowboys official radio station
Get away from me ,Jerry.You remind me of my life's mistakes
Posted Image

#5 diehardblues

diehardblues

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,457 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Maybe most of the fans on this site don't have access to local media whether it's the broadcast or newspapers and rely on national media for info .

What's funny is I actually become more concerned when media likes us.

hHQfeZD.jpg

It's Greg. I changed my screen name.

#6 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,362 posts
  • LocationPadded Bacon Cell

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

Maybew most of the fans on this site don't have access to local media whether it's the broadcast or newspapers and rely on national media for info .

What's funny is I actually become more concerned when media likes us.

I want the Media to hate us really I do

#7 emb9396

emb9396

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

Don't get your Cowboys coverage from ESPN or NFL network. Just go with the team website coverage, blogging the boys, and the Landry hat dot com. National media is just going to make you angry because they are biased as hell. They knew all week the Giants had bad corners and they never batted an eye making the Giants a lock to win. Jerry Rice even made the Giants his eliminator pick. But then after the Cowboys win its because the Giants had hurt corners (as if Michael Coe is a legend). National media tried to discredit the win with an excuse as to why the predictions they made didnt come true. The Cowboys won because they were better on both sides of the ball and it was as simple as that!

Everyone still sleeping on the Cowboys defense. The Cowboys have upgraded all over the field on defense and Jenkins and Ratliff didnt even play the other night. Church is an upgrade over Elam. Carter upgrade over Brooking/Bradie. Carr upgrade over Newman and Claiborne added. Josh Brent and Lissemore also seem to be much improved. They more than held there own filling in for Ratliff. The Giants couldn't run the ball at all except for that one play in the 4th quarter where the Cowboys sent an all out blitz and Bradshaw slipped through for 34 yards.The defense is so much faster and athletic and they get to the ball in a hurry (especially the middle linebackers). The Cowboys also did not have Demarco Murray as the starter either for the majority of last year and he is a huge difference maker. The national media will have to face the fact that the Cowboys are going to be better than they all thought. I get the sense that this team has a sense of urgency and they are focused like never before. They flat out wanted that game more than the Giants. I think this team is hungry and I expect them to play with a chip on there shoulder all year. ESPN can keep hyping the Eagles for all I care. The Eagies O-line was the worst I have seen in any game this week by the way.

1234337_3513753458957_418191303_n.jpg

#8 Takeitanlikeit

Takeitanlikeit

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

I do too, because when we start winning again,I will enjoy watching them eat the boo boo burgers, not crow BOO BOO!

#9 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,677 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

Who cares what the media says it's not like they're paying our bills lol

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#10 Kauboi

Kauboi

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Fans don't even celebrate wins and loses the same so good luck trying to get them on the same media reaction page.

#11 America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • LocationSouthern Tip of Texas

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Don't get your Cowboys coverage from ESPN or NFL network. Just go with the team website coverage, blogging the boys, and the Landry hat dot com. National media is just going to make you angry because they are biased as hell. They knew all week the Giants had bad corners and they never batted an eye making the Giants a lock to win. Jerry Rice even made the Giants his eliminator pick. But then after the Cowboys win its because the Giants had hurt corners (as if Michael Coe is a legend). National media tried to discredit the win with an excuse as to why the predictions they made didnt come true. The Cowboys won because they were better on both sides of the ball and it was as simple as that!

Everyone still sleeping on the Cowboys defense. The Cowboys have upgraded all over the field on defense and Jenkins and Ratliff didnt even play the other night. Church is an upgrade over Elam. Carter upgrade over Brooking/Bradie. Carr upgrade over Newman and Claiborne added. Josh Brent and Lissemore also seem to be much improved. They more than held there own filling in for Ratliff. The Giants couldn't run the ball at all except for that one play in the 4th quarter where the Cowboys sent an all out blitz and Bradshaw slipped through for 34 yards.The defense is so much faster and athletic and they get to the ball in a hurry (especially the middle linebackers). The Cowboys also did not have Demarco Murray as the starter either for the majority of last year and he is a huge difference maker. The national media will have to face the fact that the Cowboys are going to be better than they all thought. I get the sense that this team has a sense of urgency and they are focused like never before. They flat out wanted that game more than the Giants. I think this team is hungry and I expect them to play with a chip on there shoulder all year. ESPN can keep hyping the Eagles for all I care. The Eagies O-line was the worst I have seen in any game this week by the way.

You had me hooked...until you mentioned Jenkins!!???

305aa291-6893-4535-a67f-19533fdc1357_zps

#12 Staubach Fan

Staubach Fan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

The only place I get my Dallas fix is here and a few places online. I really don't bother with the talking heads on television because I really don't care what their opinion is.

Emmitt_Smith_Dallas_Cowboys.jpg?13230535
Dallas fan since December 28,1975

#13 fgoodwin

fgoodwin

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

There's only one way to fix that.
--
Dallas Cowboy Books Blog
http://www.facebook....CowboyBooksBlog

#14 fgoodwin

fgoodwin

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

I don't think the media hate the Cowboys. I think they call 'em as they see 'em. The Cowboys haven't given the media much cause for optimism lately. The Cowboys can change that perception this year but it's entirely up to them.
--
Dallas Cowboy Books Blog
http://www.facebook....CowboyBooksBlog

#15 Casper

Casper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,738 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

agreed....all these fans crying because all the analysts picked the Giants....Please! Its not like this is the first ever upset in the NFL. On paper from last year and playing at home...the logical pick were the giants. Who really cares about picks...unless you like to bet money. I doubt many of them picked the skins over the saints either.

defense-tony-romo.jpg?resize=500%2C600

#16 The Fly

The Fly

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

I take it from different media outlets. Some of us fans are too sensitive when our team or a specific player gets all the critics and we react viscerally by calling them "haters". It doesn't take rocket science to understand when a so called "exepert" or "analyst" from any sports media is being objectively critical or just a hater.

NFLN and ESPN both have good and bad analysts just as Dallas Cowboys.com does. There's no perfect outlet anyways.
As far as NFLN or ESPN not giving us "the respect" we are supposed to get, I don't blame them because our team just have not earned such respect.
It was week 1. We got a solid win but we haven't won squat yet. Fans on here and on many other sports forums are already talking superbowl. Are you serious???

#17 danny11

danny11

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Locationmt. rainier, md

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

i have mixed feelings about this topic. of course, ultimately, who cares what the media says? most of those guys are ego-driven tools. but having said that, i enjoy listening to sports talk radio, watching espn, and reading the newspaper, and i tire of hearing how we aren't mentally tough, how we can't protect a lead, how we have only won one playoff game in the last 18 years, how jerry jones is completely off of his rocker...except all of those things are true. that's why it hurts. doesn't mean i love my boys less, just means we haven't done much in a long time. or, at least it's true until we prove otherwise, and last wednesday was an important step in that direction, one that we can keep building on, hopefully.

like talking horror?  come hang out at

http://horrorforum.com

universal-monsters.jpg

#18 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

No. I have to disagree. Dallas, over the last 4 years, has brought that disrespect upon themselves. Seriously, how should the media react to a team that literally quit on the field in 2010 after their Owner/President/GM said publicly that they were going to be the first team to win the SB in their home stadium? Then they follow that campaign up with an 8-8 season that saw the team implode in 4th quarters and make mistakes that you wouldn't even find on a high school team.

Whatever "disrespect" that Dallas has garnered has been self-inflicted. This year , they change that.

#19 winring7

winring7

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

The good news is we came out of that game fairly healthy.. Long Long way to go, so many variables that can change in 16 more weeks

#20 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,323 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Me and you both GP. I HATE it when every one starts jumping on my teams wagon. commie bas*ards