On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Mock Draft 2014 11/26/13

Draft

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JMiller1387

JMiller1387

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

1 - Ra'Shede Hageman - DT - Minnesota -  Dallas is most likely going to lose Jason Hatcher after this year so even with all the new guys coming through, Dallas still needs significant help at DT. Hageman should provide a nice addition. Ware, Hayden, Hageman and Selvie should be the starters next year with the pass rush interchanging Hayden for Ben Bass.

2 - Ryan Groy - G - Wisconsin - Dallas obviously is going to need help at guard, even if they are able to lure Waters back for another year. Mackenzy Bernadeau has played nicely this year vs. the pass after Waters went out but he isn't that great in opening up holes in the run game. Groy is a nice guard vs. the pass and opens up holes in the running game. He would make a nice addition and get to line up beside a familiar face in former Wisconsin, Travis Fredrick

3 - Deone Bucannon - FS - Washington State - Dallas still has a need at Free Safety even after drafting J.J. Wilcox, mainly in part due to Wilcox in my opinion is more of a Strong Safety than a free safety. Bucannon however, has a rare mix of ball skills and tackling ability in run support as well as being hard hitting. So far in 2013, Bucannon has racked up 85 tackles, 5 INT 3 FF. In 2012 he had 4 INT, 4 pass deflections, 1 FF and 106 tackles. The kid obviously has a nack for the ball with 9 INT in the past 2 years.

4 - James Morris - MLB/OLB - Iowa - Sean Lee is a wonderful MLB for Dallas, but it can't be overlooked that he does have an injury riddled past. Morris would provide depth behind Lee, but

might be a little undersized for a starting MLB. This could push him to being an OLB position where he should be good at as well due to being good in coverage as well. I would suggest moving Carter to being the Strong Side linebacker, where he can chase down the run better and make more plays vs. the run. So far Morris has 81 tackles, 10 for a loss, 5 sacks 1 FF and 3 INT this year.

5 - Bruce Gaston - DT - Purdue - Dallas tries to add some depth here with another DT. Gaston is a little short compared to most DT's, standing 6'2 and weighing 303 , but could be a rock vs. the run which Dallas sorely needs help with. He has some pass rush ability, reaching the quarterback 3 times so far this year.

7 - JC Copeland - FB - LSU - I wouldn't be surprised if Copeland was gone by this point, but if for some reason, he is still around, I think Dallas would turn in this pick fairly quickly. Murray has shown that he can run behind a fullback as well as single-back, providing some versatility. However the 2 tight end sets haven't worked out that well, being the tight ends aren't exactly great blockers. Weighing a hefty 280, Copeland is the equivalent of pulling a guard and blocking through the hole.

7 - Roderick McDowell - RB - Clemson - Add some depth to Dallas running back situation. Tanner has been just a special teamer this year, so this move could allow him to be moved out of Dallas, giving Dallas the trio of McDowell, Randle, Dunbar, and Murray. I can't imagine a situation where Dallas doesn't try to resign Murray after seeing how the running game is without him. McDowell has ran for 700+ yards and averaged 5.2 yards per carry as well as caught 20+ passes out of the backfield for 100+ yards. If they like McDowell and Randle has the off-season to develop, it might make Murray expendable after a year or two...Gut says even with the cap, they find a way to resign Murray.

#2 wild bill

wild bill

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

i love that wahington saftey,that guy can bang,see the hit where he knocks the running backs helmet clean of and stops him dead!!!!!

not to sold on groy tho,theres probably half a dozen guards id take over him

#3 rebelsx4

rebelsx4

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think Groy is a reach in the 2nd. He could be had in thr 3rd or 4th probably. And I also think you are under estimating the need for a pass rush DE. But you do have some goods particularly Hageman, Bucanon, Copeland, and Mcdowell
  • Lane21Train likes this

#4 JMiller1387

JMiller1387

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

These mocks that I post aren't exactly who *I* would want at each position, it is what I could see Dallas doing. If it were my choice it would be G Richardson or Gabe Jackson or Tre Jackson over Groy but I'm just throwing some names out there for people to be aware of...Not all are going to be the marquee guys...

#5 cboys4ever

cboys4ever

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

These mocks that I post aren't exactly who *I* would want at each position, it is what I could see Dallas doing. If it were my choice it would be G Richardson or Gabe Jackson or Tre Jackson over Groy but I'm just throwing some names out there for people to be aware of...Not all are going to be the marquee guys...

I understand just putting out people so people know who they are but putting a 4th or 5th round G in the 2nd is not going to happen.

Dallas would be more likely to draft C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa in the 2nd than a 5th round guard

#6 JMiller1387

JMiller1387

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

I am sorry guys, I didn't realize that Groy was a 4-5th round pick. All of the sites I've been using to compare shows him in the 2nd-3rd round. I know Draftek has him going in the 2nd round but after double checking with nfldraftscout.com, they show Groy as about the 6th best guard, whereas in the 2nd round, you might be able to get a Zack Martin or Gabe Jackson.

#7 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,615 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I stopped reading when you said that Ware, Hageman, HAYDEN, and SELVIE should be the starters. Hayden is a horrible starter and Selvie has shown why he hasnt done anything up till now. His tape got out and now he is pretty ineffective. Sorry but not drafting or signing multiple dlinemen will put us on the boat to average and probably worse on defense again.

THIS MAN WILL KILL IT THIS YEAR!!

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Draft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users