On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

For what it's worth, *how will 2014 be better..??*

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Praxit

Praxit

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSunny, San Diego

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

MOst likely JG...is back.....J.Jones... is back.    Heck..maybe even Kiffy will be back... :ph34r:

*sigh*....pass out the bags.

#2 Impatientsd

Impatientsd

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

I don't think Jerry can afford to keep JG

The team needs a spark and the coaching staff needs a overhaul

#3 Sick of the read option

Sick of the read option

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

Most of these coaches need to be let go.  It wouldn't kill me if Callahan stayed, but only as the offensive line coach, not as a playcaller or OC.  I actually hope we keep Marinelli, this defensive line looked stout when healthy and has managed to come up with a few game changing plays here and there even after the injuries started piling on.  And lastly, the coach I really want to see stay through a massive overhaul and will be extremely disappointed if he's let go is Rich Bisaccia (Special Teams Coordinator).  I don't think anyone can argue that our Special Teams has been our one consistent group of players throughout this season and has come up with several big plays in both kick coverage and return game.  If a we get a new head coach that wants to bring his own guys in here fine, but let Bisaccia stay, he's earned it.

#4 chrispierce

chrispierce

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,492 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

Who says it will be better.It could even be worse,as you never know what Jerry will do next.

#5 dbritton987

dbritton987

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

If the season ended right now, Jason Garrett would not be the coach of the Dallas Cowboys.  I guarantee it. 

And that's what this team needs.  This team doesn't need to be blown up.  It needs a new direction with a new head coach.  Yes I know, JJ isn't going anywhere.  Suck it up and live with it. Let the blow hard have his stupid, useless interviews, what the heck does he know?

This offense continues to prove its in a really good place right now, and will only better with a better play caller.  I think Terrance Williams in the next year will excel right past Miles Austin and without question be the #2 (in my opinion he already has).  Witten still has a few good years left, and I think Escobar will continue to improve over time.  The Offensive Line has gotten significantly better from last year, and will continue to do as they get experience and chemistry together.

So obviously, the main focus needs to be on defense.  The first 3 picks in the draft should be defensive players, and hopefully at least two of them can start right away. 

As for the DC, I wouldn't mind Marinelli getting promoted to the spot, though I doubt he stays if Kiffin is fired (maybe he does if Kiffin just retires).  What people don't realize is that Marinelli is a good DC, he agreed to join Kiffin because of his Tampa days.  The guy could be a DC somewhere right now, and probably would still be in Chicago if they didn't want a complete fresh start after Lovie Smith. 

But, as I've mentioned on these forums before, I think what this defense needs is a young, promising coach to come in as DC who is as hungry as these players to prove himself.  Forget these old timers with their resume already.  Let some 30-40 year old guy come in here and earn his resume and grow with the young talent on this D. 

#6 Sick of the read option

Sick of the read option

Top Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

Who says it will be better.It could even be worse,as you never know what Jerry will do next.

There's no guarantee things will be better, but at least with an overhaul of the coaching staff you can go into next season with a bit more optimism, whether it's warranted or not.

#7 Impatientsd

Impatientsd

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Don't think we need a staff but we need a new HC

There's no guarantee things will be better, but at least with an overhaul of the coaching staff you can go into next season with a bit more optimism, whether it's warranted or not.

#8 TYLEE826

TYLEE826

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

2014 will be better if we have a complete new staff, from HC on down and have another good draft class.   If Romo did indeed change plays at the line, then JG is obviously not in control.  As matter of fact, they should have been running more at/near end of 3rd quarter. 

#9 vampyro

vampyro

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

a few more losses like this and jerry may have a heart attack. maybe thats part of garretts process...

• Carter likes this

#10 Ichabod

Ichabod

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

if we hire a good coach I think JG sealed his fate with the post game press conference like if we get Zimmer or I have heard Harbough wants out of SF refused to sign a new contract or Horton or Lovie and we draft some D-linemen and get an OC who knows what he is doing this offense could be pretty darn good and if someone will fix the D we could be better just depends on offseason moves

#11 Impatientsd

Impatientsd

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

The staff does not need a complete overhaul it needs a HC that is a good in game HC and is emotionally involved.

Kiffin does deserve some of the blame but you don't go to a 4-3 overnight

Callahan has done a fine job with the offensive line. Even if we promote Callahan or Marinelli to HC is better cause you get an experienced HC and keep the continuity that exists.

Garret doesnt add anything to the coaching staff I believe and his act is annoying

2014 will be better if we have a complete new staff, from HC on down and have another good draft class.   If Romo did indeed change plays at the line, then JG is obviously not in control.  As matter of fact, they should have been running more at/near end of 3rd quarter. 

#12 since_dallas_texans

since_dallas_texans

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

2014??? It will be better for me , because I won't be watching.

Go ahead and tell me I'm a lame fan...because I was there in 1961 and followed them since their first game.

THIS HAS BECOME DISTURBING.

Y'all have families? They Dallas fans too??

We always put up our Xmas tree today, and my family has watched Dallas along with me for years and years,

This game destroyed everyones day, everyone was arguing, everyone was sick about that ending.

My 84 yr old mother was in tears over it, and she probably won't be here to put up another tree with us.

That pi$$es me off.

I will not ALLOW a bunch of clueless football jerks ruin my holidays. What I have seen this year is NOT enjoyable.

Good Luck in Wash and with Philly.

Theyve wrecked one too many "must win" , and winnable games for me.

I'm a Landry guy, and these ridiculous and bizarre chokes are simply not acceptable anymore.

I'm not trying to be snotty, this team is DISTURBING.

#13 DarrenWoodson

DarrenWoodson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

I hope 2014 lets us extend our best players (Dan Bailey and Dwayne Harris) and we hang on to Rich Bisaccia and Chris Boniol. 

#14 Staubach Fan

Staubach Fan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

2014 will bring another 8-8 season. Count on it. 

• Cowboysjinx likes this

Emmitt_Smith_Dallas_Cowboys.jpg?13230535
Dallas fan since December 28,1975

#15 kskboys

kskboys

• Moderators
  • 28,254 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

It'll be the same ol' crapp until we change our philosophy.   It's flawed, and keeps us at .500.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#16 DarrenWoodson

DarrenWoodson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

I think .500 is being rather optimisic.  We had a really favorable schedule this year.  We don't have the cap room to improve this mess and the coaching staff will probably be changed which means a third defensive scheme in three years with fewer quality players (assuming Hatcher and Spencer are gone).

#17 TexasTriumph

TexasTriumph

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

it will be better because most of the coaching staff will be fired and some big name starters will be cut or

let go....

#18 John Peter Ramirez

John Peter Ramirez

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

If Jerry Jones ever admits that he was wrong about the downfall of this Dallas Cowboys organization after Jimmy Johnson left then I'd feel like the Dallas Cowboys would be heading in the right direction. I think Jerry Jones knows that if people would stop going to home games, buying overpriced food and merchandise at AT&T Stadium then his wallet would become thinner. If Jerry Jones was to come to the realization the Cowboy fans had given up on the organization in every way imaginagible Jerry would make drastic changes. Furthermore, if Jerry Jones holds himself accountable by admitting all he's done wrong to hurt the organization then that would be the first step to recovery in my opinion.    

#19 Cowboysjinx

Cowboysjinx

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

It'll be the same ol' crapp until we change our philosophy.   It's flawed, and keeps us at .500.

The coach Jones retire them a Cowboy philosophy combined with the Tampa 600, we will be 8-8 for sure.

#20 cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

That's exactly it...you can't keep doing the same things that fail and expect it to somehow change for the better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users