On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Training Camp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 chiefsrock

chiefsrock

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

Chiefs Fan here. Has anyone been to Training camp in Oxnard? I'm going to the coast Aug4th and 5th to see them practice. My son is a hugh fan and the Cowboys are my favorite NFC team. Want to get my son some autographs of team players. Is it hard to get them signed or do they wait until everyone gets stuff signed? Hope the Cowboys take the NFC East this season and advance far into the Playoffs. Love the talent on this team. Thanks

#2 Blue Star Cowboy

Blue Star Cowboy

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationSugar Land, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

I have never been to Oxnard, but have seen a few camps in San Antonio, Austin & Wichita Falls. I know that if you are a True Blue member, you can enter practices early. A lot of fans in SA seem to get in the first few rows of the endzones if they want to get autographs. Sometimes there is an "autograph alley" where the players enter & leave practice. I'm sure some of the fans that have been to Oxnard will give you the scoop.

#3 Presto512

Presto512

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

Chiefs Fan here. Has anyone been to Training camp in Oxnard? I'm going to the coast Aug4th and 5th to see them practice. My son is a hugh fan and the Cowboys are my favorite NFC team. Want to get my son some autographs of team players. Is it hard to get them signed or do they wait until everyone gets stuff signed? Hope the Cowboys take the NFC East this season and advance far into the Playoffs. Love the talent on this team. Thanks

I used to go to San Antonio to see them all the time. Never been to Oxnard camp but my advice is show up early get in line and try to get in the front row. Not sure what kind of set up they have there but it's always best to get there early. They usually go for a while after practice so your kid has a good chance at an autograph.

#4 The Emperor

The Emperor

Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

What's your honest take on Nate Livings? I hear a lot of Chief fans are glad that he is gone, but he doesn't look too bad on the videos that I have watched.

I have never been to Oxnard, but have seen a few camps in San Antonio, Austin & Wichita Falls. I know that if you are a True Blue member, you can enter practices early. A lot of fans in SA seem to get in the first few rows of the endzones if they want to get autographs. Sometimes there is an "autograph alley" where the players enter & leave practice. I'm sure some of the fans that have been to Oxnard will give you the scoop.

He'd only know about Brandon Carr. Nate Livings last played with the Bengals.
I am Marcus Aurelius Maximus and I approve this message.

Do not click here to be a fan of the Imperial Report on Facebook; you're not entitled.

#5 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,900 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

EMP YOU CRAZY FOOL WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN SHEESH!!! Welcome back, before you go to bed tonight, GET A LIFE! LOL

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#6 Blue Star Cowboy

Blue Star Cowboy

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Sorry, my bad. Like to hear his views on Carr.

#7 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,900 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

Just be physical mr carr we need to see that around these parts

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#8 Blue Star Cowboy

Blue Star Cowboy

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

Just be physical mr carr we need to see that around these parts

Should help our defense with more of the bump-n-run type coverage.

#9 chiefsrock

chiefsrock

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for the info on Training Camp. I'll be there for the Blue White scrimmage game. Cowboys are my favorite NFC team, but I'm a KC fan. You always beat us though!!! Glad we could give you an Awesome Corner(Carr will make alot of picks for you this year, makes Newman look sick) and Orton can walk in and throw the ball too. (Only QB last year to beat the Pack) last season. Hope you guys Dominate the NFC East. I'm sick of the Giants, can't stand the skins, or the Eagles. Peace, Win alot of games this year. We're going after the AFC West.

#10 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

Dunno.. hoping to go myself though

THIS MAN WILL KILL IT THIS YEAR!!

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#11 chiefsrock

chiefsrock

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

Carr is more of a Finesse type Corner. Brandon Flowers taught him how to read the QB. He'll cover the WR and step in and pull an Interception out of the play. He's real quick to the ball.

#12 Blue Star Cowboy

Blue Star Cowboy

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

I had a friend who worked for the Cowboys in 1999 & had the pleasure of being on the sidelines for a Blue/White scrimmage. Talk about the speed of the NFL players, those guys can really move. I had torn a bicep and was using my good arm to take pictures, definitely had to be ready when a play headed our way!

#13 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

I'm interested to see how a Chiefs fan feels about the Poe pick? I'm very happy with Claiborne but wouldn't have minded seeing him on this D-line. Should be a good player for you guys.

$%28KGrHqN,%21pcE7Bcvmh6+BPDhOFn3%29%21~

#14 chiefsrock

chiefsrock

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

I went to the Cowboys-Chiefs game in 2005 I think it was in Dallas, and we were sitting 15 rows up from the field. Those players are so quick, it's definitely a higher level of play than College. Love to watch NFL games. Nothing like it in person. TV is cool, but to see them live is Unreal.

#15 chiefsrock

chiefsrock

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

Actually, the jury is still out on Poe. He's Big, but looks slow in Attack. We needed a Big Nose Tackle, so they drafted him, but the clips I've seen of him in College, he'll never make it in the NFL on Defense. You guys have got a good player in Claiborne.

#16 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,166 posts
  • Location714

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

I have been to Oxnard several times over. I can't say the adults will get autographs, but children have a "kid’s coral" where they can obtain autographs. The players are happy to give the kids autographs.

A mini/mobile Cowboys Museum will be at scene and provides you an opportunity to view all 5 SB trophies.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#17 chiefsrock

chiefsrock

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for the info

#18 Presto512

Presto512

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Thanks for the info on Training Camp. I'll be there for the Blue White scrimmage game. Cowboys are my favorite NFC team, but I'm a KC fan. You always beat us though!!! Glad we could give you an Awesome Corner(Carr will make alot of picks for you this year, makes Newman look sick) and Orton can walk in and throw the ball too. (Only QB last year to beat the Pack) last season. Hope you guys Dominate the NFC East. I'm sick of the Giants, can't stand the skins, or the Eagles. Peace, Win alot of games this year. We're going after the AFC West.

The Chiefs will get back a healthy Jamal Charles so that should help you guys quite a bit. But yes I think the addition of Carr will help our secondary significantly.