42 replies to this topic

#1 oatmeal4040

oatmeal4040

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

Players to get rid of that will help the cowboys.

23           Hamilton, Jakar        DB    5-11  195         24           R

19           Austin, Miles            WR   6-2    216         29           8 * not performing to potential.

24           Claiborne, Morris     CB   5-11   190         23           2 * not Physical enough to Jam WR & tackle

42           Church, Barry           S     6-2    218         25           4 * He fits more of a 3-4 defense. Cover 3

27           Wilcox, J.J.                S     6-0    217         22           R * He fits more of a 3-4 defense. Cover 3

93           Spencer, Anthony     DE   6-3   250         30           7 * Cap killer better in 3-4 defense.

#2 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:40 AM

Why isn't Ware on the list, and he would be at the very top IMO

• coogiguy03, haleyrules, homebizseo and 2 others like this

#3 homebizseo

homebizseo

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

That is not popular but it's true. 

'

• Cummingswill22 likes this

terrance-williams-catch-seahawks.jpg

#4 oatmeal4040

oatmeal4040

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:38 AM

I should have, but I would give him one more shot.

#5 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

I should have, but I would give him one more shot.

I'm just saying from a cap standpoint, are we really going to be able to afford him at 17.5 million in 2015. I think if we cut our losses now, and don't restructure him which we would have too if he doesn't take a pay cut its just going to be more costly in the long run. If he doesn't take a pay cut I feel like we have to let him go.

#6 wild bill

wild bill

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

I'm just saying from a cap standpoint, are we really going to be able to afford him at 17.5 million in 2015. I think if we cut our losses now, and don't restructure him which we would have too if he doesn't take a pay cut its just going to be more costly in the long run. If he doesn't take a pay cut I feel like we have to let him go.

they are gonna restruccture ware.sucks i no,but its what they will do.

On the flip side tho i read somewhere that apparenty if they do restructure ware that its vertually the same cap hit to cut him next year as it is to do so now.Whether thats true or not i dont no.

I also have a gut feeling they are gonna bring back spencer  so they have 1 less need to draft.That to will suck in my opinion

#7 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Its all well and good to say get rid of these players, but where are there replacements, you need to find and pay these guys. You have also cut our secondary down to Carr, Scandrick, and Jeff Heath. Sterling Moore may be back, Matt Johnson has yet to see 1 snap.

So in what way has this helped us?

darryl-moose-johnston.jpg

#8 COWBOYS_LIFER

COWBOYS_LIFER

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Players to get rid of that will help the cowboys.

23           Hamilton, Jakar        DB    5-11  195         24           R

19           Austin, Miles            WR   6-2    216         29           8 * not performing to potential.

24           Claiborne, Morris     CB   5-11   190         23           2 * not Physical enough to Jam WR & tackle

42           Church, Barry           S     6-2    218         25           4 * He fits more of a 3-4 defense. Cover 3

27           Wilcox, J.J.                S     6-0    217         22           R * He fits more of a 3-4 defense. Cover 3

93           Spencer, Anthony     DE   6-3   250         30           7 * Cap killer better in 3-4 defense.

Whats up Cowboy family I also blame the condition coaches n you got to also look @ the new bargain agreement less training camp it back fire on them I feel that a pay cut like they did free would be the answer n change the defense cause ware was more effective standing up n I hope spence/hatcher don't be acting greedy

• homebizseo likes this

Speak Your Mind

Jerry :) 

#9 homebizseo

homebizseo

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

well said  :blink:

Whats up Cowboy family I also blame the condition coaches n you got to also look @ the new bargain agreement less training camp it back fire on them I feel that a pay cut like they did free would be the answer n change the defense cause ware was more effective standing up n I hope spence/hatcher don't be acting greedy

terrance-williams-catch-seahawks.jpg

#10 cboys4ever

cboys4ever

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

You have to bite the bullet on some of these people sometime.

The easy way to get under the cap is to just restructure Ware, Romo and Carr but when we do that it puts us 9 million over the cap for 2015 already.

Where just for instance if you restructure Romo, Carr and release Ware we are under the cap*barely* however for 2015 we will be 11 million under the cap.

If we want to think about resigning some of our young players we need to let some of the old leave.

• Mr. 4.37 likes this

#11 Cummingswill22

Cummingswill22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Wilcox will be a beast!! Cannot believe he's on this list!!  MO is a keeper...but I do agree that Spencer and Austin should go.  Ware needs to be somewhere on this list too. He's more hype than production at this point. He's not going to be the player he use to be. Crawford needs to be on this list tho.

• Seaver0723 and homebizseo like this

#12 daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

At the end of the day this list for the most part is a joke.

• McBax likes this

#13 John Peter Ramirez

John Peter Ramirez

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

I would propose that that Dallas Cowboys get rid of every player that doesn't show up on the field or gives less than 100% If Jimmy Johnson was our coach presently more than half the team would have already been cut.

• oatmeal4040, unclefruitbat72, haleyrules and 1 other like this

#14 oatmeal4040

oatmeal4040

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

I just feel that for the cover 2 defense the players on my list just dont fit the system. Kinda like when Jay Ratliff was playing NT in the 3-4 Defense. Jay was a beast, but he was playing out of position base on size. Look at the size of the players who have success in this defense. You will see that my list isn't too far fetch.

#15 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

I just feel that for the cover 2 defense the players on my list just dont fit the system. Kinda like when Jay Ratliff was playing NT in the 3-4 Defense. Jay was a beast, but he was playing out of position base on size. Look at the size of the players who have success in this defense. You will see that my list isn't too far fetch.

But you still have to replace them, you need to find other players to come in and play.

#16 oatmeal4040

oatmeal4040

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

But you still have to replace them, you need to find other players to come in and play.

check out my free agent list.

#17 LeedsCowboys

LeedsCowboys

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

check out my free agent list.

Will they play for Nickels and Dimes?

#18 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,313 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

this!!

CAN'T STAND MO GET MO THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!

• haleyrules likes this

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#19 Mr. 4.37

Mr. 4.37

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Location5th dimension

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

I would say Ware for financial reasons only, but can't see Jerry cutting the man.

You can debate a few guys but for me it has to be Bruce Carter.  Nothing worse on a football field than you giving your all and look over to see a slacker disrespecting the game and ur effort...the coaches and the organization can't turn a blind eye to habitual loafing its contagious, it'll have your defense last in the league or historical turrrible (i.e. 2013 season).  

Trade Bruce for a 4th rd pick and move on with Holloman, Lee, and Wilbur.

MY PET CATS:

OFFENSE: RB - Ben Malena

DEFENSE:  LB - Keith Smith

#20 lordnate

lordnate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

Normally getting rid of players is not a way to improve your team. Getting new and better players is how you improve your team.

Church might not be the best safety in the league, but he's the best safety on the team. Until we can get several safeties that are better than him, it makes no sense to get rid of him. I find it strange that Jeff Heath isn't on this list. He was horrible. However, you don't get rid of him or JJ Wilcox, or Morris Claiborne unless you have to in order to create roster spots for new players. All three of them are young and have potential to get better. All three of them are on cheap contracts.

We are basically rid of Spencer already. Since our season is over and he was under a 1-year deal in 2013, he's gone. We would have to decide to sign him to keep him. We also don't have the franchise tag option, because you can only franchise tag a player for two years. We already have. He's more or less a free agent already.

Miles Austin, for cap purposes, is the only one that makes sense on that list. I expect Austin to be a June 1st cut.

• emmitt dorsett and beware d-ware like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users