You are here

Photo

Cowboys will beat the Bears: I do not guarantee anything but Romo will get sacked

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 romeo

romeo

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans/Chicago/Los Angeles/SF-Oakland Bay Area/Dayton/St. Louis/New Orleans/Pearland TX

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ok the Cowboys are 2-1 and my predictions are 2-1 (Seattle plays great defense and special teams at home).

This Bears team reminds me so much of the Eagles team under Donovan McNabb. Basically they have a great defense/scheme, they both had RBs that was great at the run/catch, but their QBs will always give you the opportunity to win if you force him to move through the air on offense.

The Cowboys must not let Bush have any game management running. Cutler will turn the ball over at least 2 times allowing the Cowboys defense or offense to score 2 times. McNabb was the same way in Philly. I always said let the "Eagles fly" when they played the Cowboys because if you let Westbrook have fun running the blitzing Eagles Defense was going to attack and make your QB miserable. They will hit a couple of big plays but the turnovers will be more devastating.

The Bears Defense must stay on the field by making their linebackers cover Murray, Vickers, and Jones out of the backfield. Romo will not have many times to have a 5-8 step drop without running the ball (play action) and having short dump offs to the RB as the Bears front 7 will hit him more the the Bucs D.

3 phases - Cowboys win offense, Bears win defense, and the Bears win special teams.

So why do I pick the Cowboys? Besides being a Cowboys fan on a Dallas Cowboys website, I hope someone on the Cowboys coaching staff let Cutler throw it...throw it a lot by forcing him to throw. The Eagles always came to Dallas favored but when McNabb was forced to throw a lot he would throw the interception or fumble. Turnovers with points is the way to beat Chicago (see Greenbay strategy vs. Bears). Please do not kick to Devon Hester PERIOD! Kick to Hester and this predicted win will not happen.

I guarantee Romo will be sacked. But the Cowboys should win by letting "Bears fly".
"The Peak to Reach Lies Deep Within...to Grasp It is to Lose It."
www.outthebox.com
Posted Image
How Bout Dem Cowboys!

#2 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,259 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

This is just a every game stat ROMO MUST GET SACKED EVERY GAME THERE'S NO WAY AROUND IT!!! Isn't there a game day thread though?

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#3 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

If JG's offense can't put at least 20 points or better on the board, this will be a loss. I'm not trying to be negative, just looking at the averages so far this season. They're averaging 15.6 points a game, while giving up 18 per game.

15.6 ppg...... I can't remember the last time we had this bad of an offense.

#4 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Please do not kick to Devon Hester PERIOD!

Well Jones is already a master a kicking out of bounds so I think we're okay there.

ku4c9huxo4mi8y4fg.jpg

#5 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

A win against the Bears going into the bye will be huge for the Cowboys. I think the Cowboys can make the night miserable for Cutler if they can win big on first down.

If the Cowboys can't get any semblance of a running game going, Romo is in for a long night.

Cowboys 17 Bears 13

#6 texas lizard

texas lizard

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

I agree that so far this is a rather anemic offensive points output. I did like that wall the o-line provided that allowed DeMarco Murray to score against Tampa Bay. Appears the o-line shows flashes of real potential and skill, but like the rest of the team is inconsistent.
So yeah Romo will be taking a lot of heat for several more games to come and maybe throughout the season.

Normally I'd like to see the bye week offer the team the chance to heal and take a breather before the remainder of the season,
but this team seems to lose momentum and focus with additional days off.

Cutler will take a sack or two himself.

#7 KiaKaha

KiaKaha

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

24-16 Bears :(

I don't see this OL getting things together and I see the D without Church.
I'm giving the Cowboys 16 which is their per game average and giving the Bears and bit
more than the average scored against Dallas because of the trend and no home field
advantage for the Cowboys because of the quiet "Cocktails and Cadillacs" fans. I saw
lots of empty seats in prime seating last game. Appears lots of season holders there buy
for status or business and never show up.
Posted Image

#8 Bless the Boys

Bless the Boys

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I too think Romo will get sacked and Dallas will win anyway.

The Bears are like a mirror image of ourselves, with one exception-the secondary.

Above ave QB's who at times does stupid things.
Weak O-lines.
Lots of weapons on offense.
Godd RB's.
Great LB's
Good, not great D-lines.
But Dallas has a big advantage in CB's.
That should be the differance in the game, a late Dallas drive that they can't stop. Dallas wins 23-20 in OT.

Jesus and I Love the Dallas Cowboys!

It's not about anything you've done, it's about whats been done for you.

#9 starcrazy

starcrazy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

A win against the Bears going into the bye will be huge for the Cowboys. I think the Cowboys can make the night miserable for Cutler if they can win big on first down.

If the Cowboys can't get any semblance of a running game going, Romo is in for a long night.

Cowboys 17 Bears 13

a fair assessment of the game but only if the real refs are back. If the rent-a-refs officiate this game then we could lose by 30 or win by 30 no matter what the players do.

#10 BorderlineCrazy

BorderlineCrazy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ok the Cowboys are 2-1 and my predictions are 2-1 (Seattle plays great defense and special teams at home).

This Bears team reminds me so much of the Eagles team under Donovan McNabb. Basically they have a great defense/scheme, they both had RBs that was great at the run/catch, but their QBs will always give you the opportunity to win if you force him to move through the air on offense.

The Cowboys must not let Bush have any game management running. Cutler will turn the ball over at least 2 times allowing the Cowboys defense or offense to score 2 times. McNabb was the same way in Philly. I always said let the "Eagles fly" when they played the Cowboys because if you let Westbrook have fun running the blitzing Eagles Defense was going to attack and make your QB miserable. They will hit a couple of big plays but the turnovers will be more devastating.

The Bears Defense must stay on the field by making their linebackers cover Murray, Vickers, and Jones out of the backfield. Romo will not have many times to have a 5-8 step drop without running the ball (play action) and having short dump offs to the RB as the Bears front 7 will hit him more the the Bucs D.

3 phases - Cowboys win offense, Bears win defense, and the Bears win special teams.

So why do I pick the Cowboys? Besides being a Cowboys fan on a Dallas Cowboys website, I hope someone on the Cowboys coaching staff let Cutler throw it...throw it a lot by forcing him to throw. The Eagles always came to Dallas favored but when McNabb was forced to throw a lot he would throw the interception or fumble. Turnovers with points is the way to beat Chicago (see Greenbay strategy vs. Bears). Please do not kick to Devon Hester PERIOD! Kick to Hester and this predicted win will not happen.

I guarantee Romo will be sacked. But the Cowboys should win by letting "Bears fly".

How is it that the Bear's are better on D when we have the best D in the league right now? just saying. Stats dont lie, and we are the best D in the league through 3 games.

THIS MAN WILL KILL IT THIS YEAR!!

Eagles-Wilcox-stop-5.jpg

#11 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'm more worried about the first game after the bye. JG can't gameplan worth a crap, and somehow he seems worse when given an extended amount of time to prepare. The Ravens game could make the game against Seattle seem like it was a walk in the park.

#12 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

How is it that the Bear's are better on D when we have the best D in the league right now? just saying. Stats dont lie, and we are the best D in the league through 3 games.

Stats don't tell the whole truth either. When your D takes over with a short field, naturally they are going to give up fewer yards than they would in a longer drive. Dallas' D has had a few of these drives.

Still think they're improved over last season, but the stats aren't telling the whole picture.

#13 MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Stats don't tell the whole truth either. When your D takes over with a short field, naturally they are going to give up fewer yards than they would in a longer drive. Dallas' D has had a few of these drives.

Still think they're improved over last season, but the stats aren't telling the whole picture.

I agree. I think the lack of a pass rush will be what hurts us. The secondary can only hold up for so long.

ku4c9huxo4mi8y4fg.jpg

#14 dmsdayii

dmsdayii

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Pretty sure, Cutler will get sacked tool. Too, will get sacked too. (IDK, tool kinda fits.)

#15 Jeremy

Jeremy

Professional

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Thats why you dont just look at yards. Our secondary has been great so far in completely shutting down receivers . These 2 teams look alot alike offensively.

#16 romeo

romeo

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans/Chicago/Los Angeles/SF-Oakland Bay Area/Dayton/St. Louis/New Orleans/Pearland TX

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Sensabaugh practiced in pads, Silva is gone (he needed to be in a 4/3), Cowboys have the number 1 D. However they have starters out/hurt so I still give the Bears D a slight edge. Beside losing Church if Johnson is what we think he is at S the Cowboys D will be good after the Bye week.

Spencer did not practice but no injury report...could there be a trade?
"The Peak to Reach Lies Deep Within...to Grasp It is to Lose It."
www.outthebox.com
Posted Image
How Bout Dem Cowboys!

#17 Dazzy

Dazzy

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationMedazzaland

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

going to be a tough game, but i agree, we should win this game. if not, to avenge the loss from 2 years ago.

#18 Dazzy

Dazzy

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationMedazzaland

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Cowboys 17 Bears 13

i agree. theyre going to have to make Cutler's night a living HELL.

#19 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,408 posts
  • LocationPadded Bacon Cell

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Will Romo catch a pass again this week?

#20 CaliCowboy#28

CaliCowboy#28

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Location805

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

going to be a tough game, but i agree, we should win this game. if not, to avenge the loss from 2 years ago

yeah im sure they been waiting to years to avenge an irrelevant loss...