You are here

Photo

Who's gonna win Bears vs Cowboys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's gonna win Bears vs Cowboys (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Bears vs Cowboys who wins?

1. Cowboys (37 votes [92.50%])

Percentage of vote: 92.50%

2. Bears (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

Vote

#21 KiaKaha

KiaKaha

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

In all seriousness, I think both teams will play to their real abilities. Bears aren't changing time zones and the Cowboys have no real home field advantage at home. I'm going to say
Bears 24
Cowboys 16
...the average ppg for each team this year so far.
The deciding factor and wild card will be how each team's defence handle's the game, turnovers, and special teams.
Posted Image

#22 Armchair

Armchair

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by swamps in Louisiana.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

I think we win the turnover battle this game. I think Mo gets his first INT, (hopefully a pick6). It will be tough going, but I see Murray having a good game, despite our ongoing poor O-Line play, mainly in the passing game.

What I've noticed in watching Cutler is he will stand in there and make plays even against pressure, but not against pressure that results when you hit him. It's not enough to get into his face, though we don't have to get sacks, just hit him enough times to rattle him. We can't let Forte or Bush get going in the running game. We have to force them into a one dimensional offense that depends on Cutler to win it for them.

I don't see a close game if we can stop their run and rattle Cutler. Dallas, 34-17.

Posted Image

#23 KiaKaha

KiaKaha

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

I think we win the turnover battle this game. I think Mo gets his first INT, (hopefully a pick6). It will be tough going, but I see Murray having a good game, despite our ongoing poor O-Line play, mainly in the passing game.

What I've noticed in watching Cutler is he will stand in there and make plays even against pressure, but not against pressure that results when you hit him. It's not enough to get into his face, though we don't have to get sacks, just hit him enough times to rattle him. We can't let Forte or Bush get going in the running game. We have to force them into a one dimensional offense that depends on Cutler to win it for them.

I don't see a close game if we can stop their run and rattle Cutler. Dallas, 34-17.

Well, I'd love to see that, but I haven't seen anything from the self-destructing offence (even when the D gives them an opportunity) to make me believe that they are capable of scoring 34 points against anyone. :( If Romo manages to finally hit Des with some long Tds, the plays will most likely be called back for holding or he won't get a chance to run the route due to a false starts on the OL or delay of game from Romo.
Posted Image

#24 The Bold

The Bold

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Kyle Orton is gonna give us the skinny on beating the Bears !

#25 greggtxsports

greggtxsports

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,919 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

I'm not feeling the confidence yet to predict us to win although I have liked the under in our games which has proved to be succesful thus far.

I'd say based on how we both have played so far that the Bears and the points looks like the pick in a close one. But as always I never bet against us.

We do still have an opportunity as poorly as we have played though in last 2 games to meet our goal of 3-1 at the bye. I'm not sure if that's a good indication of the Cowboys or poorer indication of our competition.

Jason+Garrett+Dallas+Cowboys+v+San+Diego

#26 Signalman Chief

Signalman Chief

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

15-13 Dallas unless somehow the Cowboys can find a way to protect Romo then it would 23-13......

#27 Quickdraw

Quickdraw

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

There's already an official game thread and a just 4 fun thread. Closing this.