On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Any bright spots last night???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Lee 5450

Bruce Lee 5450

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

I completely understand that last nights game was FUBAR...But was there any aspect of the game that had a high note? Maybe O-line play compared to the first 3 games? Witten getting back into his own? First half Def.?

#2 CPanther95

CPanther95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

All the Bears fans kept the stadium from being too quiet.

stinkbug_zpseff6e64b.jpg

#3 JP_Balfour

JP_Balfour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,432 posts
  • LocationMoberly, MO (temporarily)

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

oline play was better....witten better....offensive play calling was better

3.27.2014....the cowboys have a new fan! 

Ayla Blair Balfour 6p5oz

#4 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts
  • Location16 miles from 'Jerry World'

Jerry made a lot money from concessions

xRlncbN.jpg

#5 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,058 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

McCray is a solid tackler ... he certainly had plenty of opportunities last night. And Sean Lee is all over the place.

$%28KGrHqN,%21pcE7Bcvmh6+BPDhOFn3%29%21~

#6 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Witten looked like his old self.

srv37.jpg

#7 Casper

Casper

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,016 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

The guys looked nice dressed in pink.

defense-tony-romo.jpg?resize=500%2C600

#8 Sonicxtacy02

Sonicxtacy02

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

There were plenty of bright spots:

-Oline was absolutely better with pass protection and penalties
-Lee was his usual self, Carter played well when he wasnt injured
-Running defense was very good
-Witten is back
-Secondary's depth is showing through

The problem as it is in most weeks is our offensive and defensive minds are beat before we step on the field. Either through preparation or game planning we always appear to be trying to catch on during the game.

The Bears came in and just did what they do... base defense, no strange looks or big gambles, passing game that took the short stuff to protect the QB and to pay off in the end.

We on the other hand come out and immediately have to adjust. Defensively we're lining up with linebackers on receviers, safeties on receivers, and no clue where to attack a strong cover 2 team. Even when a game is 0-0 it LOOKS like the Cowboys are losing because they dont know how they want to attack.

#9 oakclifford22

oakclifford22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

I completely understand that last nights game was FUBAR...But was there any aspect of the game that had a high note? Maybe O-line play compared to the first 3 games? Witten getting back into his own? First half Def.?

good thread. Witten looks 100 percent and mad, the defense can only get healthier and we scored 18 pts, our avg. is 16. plus, we may finally get to see what J.G.'s offense really is in baltimore. One pick by a starting romo will signal the beginning of the end for "old thinking"

#10 Rawhide 74

Rawhide 74

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
  • Location15 miles from the Linc

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

I dont think there was any calls on the Oline which is a big improvement . Witten and Lee looked good.

#11 TmoneyDCFan

TmoneyDCFan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

the only bright spots were how everybody was dressed up,unis looked real good,we look good in style while losing

#12 njbleedsblue

njbleedsblue

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

yeah forte's ankle seems fine

#13 DDdave

DDdave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,737 posts
  • LocationNew Market, MD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yada, yada, yada......blah, blah, blah. This team has a SERIOUS dissociative identity disorder that has been with them for a long time and absolutely NOTHING has changed to stop it. Period. But hey we have a really good punter now.........LMBO!!!

JG IS NOT A HC!! RUN THE DANG BALL!! GO COWBOYS!!

#14 jsb357

jsb357

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationWaco, Texas USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

It's a shame when the brightest spot on the team was signed this week.

Yes it's the punter.

Don't worry he won't be here long with that attitude.

:P
It's a team hand built by Jerry Jones
and he has the results to prove it.

Turning America's team into an Arkansas rust bucket since 1996

#15 Bruce Lee 5450

Bruce Lee 5450

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Outside of the one TD pass, i think Mo looked pretty good as well.....purely looking at CB duty i think MO's rookie year might be better then Patrick peterson's.

#16 Romo2DEZ46

Romo2DEZ46

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Dare I say this was Jason Garret"s best game in a long time :huh: but seriously the playcalling was really good!! Playaction was killing the bears which i have been calling for a while now, he even didn't abondon the run down in the 3rd quarter which kept giving us a chance. I honestly believe if Kevin Ogletree catches that pass that he dropped that went for a pick its an entirely different ball game. This is one of those cases that the score and stats made things look a whole lot worse then they are. Penalties almost disappeared, Sean lee is awesome, Mccray looks promising, Witten looks like he is back, Miles finally made a scene, even Felix Jones on his one carry seemed to have that burst back. We are 2-2, lets relax. Romo had 1 int to dez(not his fault), one to Kevin Ogletree (not his fault), and one trying to make a play escaping pocket (his fault), and the last two were picks trying to come from behind with 8 minutes left on the clock down 3 scoring drives. I dont mean to sound overly positive here. There are things that worry me. Dez bryant isnt there yet, and the oline is miserable but this team is far from stick a fork in it!!! Let's regroup in the bye week, We are still 1-0 in the division

#17 Bruce Lee 5450

Bruce Lee 5450

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Dare I say this was Jason Garret"s best game in a long time :huh: but seriously the playcalling was really good!! Playaction was killing the bears which i have been calling for a while now, he even didn't abondon the run down in the 3rd quarter which kept giving us a chance. I honestly believe if Kevin Ogletree catches that pass that he dropped that went for a pick its an entirely different ball game. This is one of those cases that the score and stats made things look a whole lot worse then they are. Penalties almost disappeared, Sean lee is awesome, Mccray looks promising, Witten looks like he is back, Miles finally made a scene, even Felix Jones on his one carry seemed to have that burst back. We are 2-2, lets relax. Romo had 1 int to dez(not his fault), one to Kevin Ogletree (not his fault), and one trying to make a play escaping pocket (his fault), and the last two were picks trying to come from behind with 8 minutes left on the clock down 3 scoring drives. I dont mean to sound overly positive here. There are things that worry me. Dez bryant isnt there yet, and the oline is miserable but this team is far from stick a fork in it!!! Let's regroup in the bye week, We are still 1-0 in the division

i like your optimism

#18 bware94

bware94

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationE-GIRLS COUNTRY

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

yup Romo didnt throw 6 picks an 3 for pick six's :lol: the laughing stock of the nfl the once great DALLAS COWBOYS
JUST BECAUSE A PERSON IS SILENT DOSEN'T MEAN THEY HAVE NOTHING TO SAY,IT ONLY MEANS THERE DONE WASTING THERE TIME ON U !!!

when i die burry me butt up so every e-girl fan can kiss it.....

SHEEP WILL B LED TO THE SLAUGHTER BY THE HEAD PUPPET MASTER
Posted Image