You are here

Photo

Are VISITING TEAMS more HYPED to play at Cowboy Stadium than Cowboys?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Are VISITING TEAMS more HYPED to play at Cowboy Stadium than Cowboys? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes because of the grandeure (19 votes [86.36%])

Percentage of vote: 86.36%

2. No we Rock for home games (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The Bold

The Bold

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

#2 Bruce Lee 5450

Bruce Lee 5450

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

we have dancing girls in the rafters, the jumbo of jumbo trons....its the tashmahal of NFL stadiums! So yes, im sure the visiting team is more hyped.

#3 The Bold

The Bold

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Its a shame

#4 Motley Blue

Motley Blue

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I listened to a bit of Dunham and Miller on The Ticket this morning (via an iPhone app ... I live in Minnesota).

One of them called Cowboys Stadium "the worst homefield advantage in all of sports."

Watching the game last night, I was amazed (though I shouldn't have been) at how much louder Bears fans were than Cowboys fans ... even at early parts of the game when it was still 0-0.
"Toby Keith smells like a bucket of dead catfish." -- "Fake" Jerry Jones on 1310 The Ticket (September 12, 2011)

#5 TNCowboyfan

TNCowboyfan

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

I couldn't tell which stadium we were playing in. I thought we were at Soldier field for a minute.

#6 Staubacher

Staubacher

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Cowboy fans are beaten down. It may not be good but it's understandable. Most of us here would go to the game and scream and yell, but most Cowboy fans I know have been teased and letdown by this team so much in the last few years they cannot conjure up much enthusiasm.

I watched the game at a local pub last night where the owner is a Cowboy fan. There was me and a couple other fans there too, all wearing our Cowboy gear. The rest of the place was Bears fans or neutral observers. The game became such an embarrassment the owner himself went home in the third quarter. I hung around until the 4th by then the whole bar was laughing at the Cowboys and me personally. It's humiliating. Even on my drunken walk home a car drove by and honked and laughed at me for wearing a Cowboy shirt.

So it's easy to say that 90,000 Cowboy fans should pay hundreds of dollars every week and cheer loudly to see fail after fail, but on a human level it's completely understandable why they don't.

Jerrah doesn't care if it's Bears fans or Cowboy fans in the stands paying for overpriced beers and buying edible panties.
I am the poster formerly known as Twelve. I am not a newbie. Proud of my Cowboys!

#7 The Bold

The Bold

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

I listened to a bit of Dunham and Miller on The Ticket this morning (via an iPhone app ... I live in Minnesota).

One of them called Cowboys Stadium "the worst homefield advantage in all of sports."

Watching the game last night, it was amazed (though I shouldn't have been) at how much louder Bears fans were than Cowboys fans ... even at early parts of the game when it was still 0-0.

Its a problem

#8 Dr. T

Dr. T

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • LocationRocky Mountains

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

it's definatleyot home field adavantage, these guys lose big games at home cause they get huge checks and are not talented and the same applies to the coaches! they do enough to just sell tickets to whoever will buy them.

#9 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,957 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

The Lions game last season was pretty loud, even with all the Lions fans there. Of course that changed early in the 2nd half.

#10 freeb

freeb

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • LocationOn the beach

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

They're hyped because of the stadium, and they're hyped because they're playing the Cowboys.

We always get the best effort from our opponents. Every team in the league gives that something extra when playing the Cowboys.

Not whining about it, it's just a fact. If there ever were a home field advantage, it's mitigated by the effort the other team shows each Sunday when playing us.

#11 Motley Blue

Motley Blue

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

If my calculations are correct, the Cowboys are only 13-11 in Cowboys Stadium during the regular season.

They did win their only posteason game in Cowboys Stadium ... so they have that ... the real trick will be getting another home playoff game in Arlington the rest of this decade.
"Toby Keith smells like a bucket of dead catfish." -- "Fake" Jerry Jones on 1310 The Ticket (September 12, 2011)

#12 Keithfansince5

Keithfansince5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Jerrah doesn't care if it's Bears fans or Cowboy fans in the stands paying for overpriced beers and buying edible panties.

/\ /\ /\
This.

It is why the Cowboys are in trouble from a fans perspective and booming from the Jones perspective. Heck, he negotiated the first ladies clothing NFL store in the stadium...Jerrah the salesman, couldn't be richer and happier. I wish more people would see through this phoney loser of a man....

Fishermen, check out my business website here.

Firejerry.gif

FIRE JERRY!!!!

#13 SS127

SS127

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Well, I don't know if the teams are more hyped, but their fans sure are. We were surrounded by Bears fans at the game last night. I've never seen so many black and orange shirts. I wondered if it was a Bears home game.