On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Dez Bryant VS Michael Irvin (Numbers Dont Lie)!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#41 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 29,260 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

I would take Mike any day. Mike had the heart of a lion, and a winner.

Mike did at times make me say "Wow that was stupid." However, the difference between Mike and Dez was leadership. Mike was held accountable for being stupid from the HC, the QB, and rest of his teammates. We did see Romo talking too Dez on the sideline after he ran the wrong route, but I wanted and need to see JG bite off into his butt.

It was leadership, yes, but it was more than that. Irvin ran very precise routes, put in full effort at all times, had a burning desire to win and succeed, and had an excellent attitude.

Dez can't separate from the CB. Irvin caught 12 passes against the best cover corner in the NFL at the time, and one of the best of all time, in the playoffs on the big stage. Dez was caught lolligagging on nat'l TV vs the Gnats last year w/ the playoffs on the line.

Seriously, it's not even close. At present, it's getting so bad I'm starting to agree w/ the guys who say we should take his number away.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#42 Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Mike never took a play off.. enough said! 110% all the time.. Hum interesting thought.... I think Dez gets mad because he's not getting involved with the plays because he has no clue where he suppose to be on the field. On ever play you see Romo pointing to him where he needs to be.. Kind a pitiful...but this isn't college where you just run out somewhere and QB has time to throw it to you.
Game speed is killing him..I don't think you can coach up smarts!

#43 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Irvin 78 rec
Dez 129 rec

That's a big difference. There's just no comaprison between these 2.

$%28KGrHqN,%21pcE7Bcvmh6+BPDhOFn3%29%21~

#44 ewills254

ewills254

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Dallas didnt have Emmitt Irvins first 3 years! Dez isnt going to jail either and another thing to take in to consideration is Dez doesnt have the brightest of guys calling plays. Cut this guy some slack if yall want to talk about an idiot wearing 88 for the cowboys look up Antonio Bryant. For all the battles Dez has faced in his life hes doing alright for him self!

#45 Garrett4Prez

Garrett4Prez

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

For God's sake stop insulting The Playmaker by putting him in the same sentence as The Liability. Not in the same class now or ever. Different game back then. Irvin is a top 10wr of all time, Dez I would trade for a conditional 4th

#46 cowboyguy

cowboyguy

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Stats and QB rating will probably tell you Romo is a better QB than Staubach and Aikman...but does that pass the laugh test?
Posted Image

#47 bleedblue

bleedblue

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

I'll have to agree with you on that. Give Romo an o'line and reliable receivers similar to what Aikman had and I feel confident you will see far different results that what we have seen. Not trying to say Romo is on the same level as Aikman, but I would really like to see how Romo would do if he had as complete a team around him like Aikman had.

Back in 2007 Romo had 12 Pro-bowlers on that team. FOUR ON THE O-LINE, Witten,Adams,Gurode,Davis. Romo , T.O., Barber all made it. Sounds like he had a complete team back then. Until he ran off to Mexico with his girlfriend and lost the the G-men... We want K.ORTON!!

#48 ewills254

ewills254

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

so your sayin it was a different game back then right, so how did he jump up to a 1500 yards his 4th year? football was way different back then according to most of you dez haters.

#49 ewills254

ewills254

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

a great running game can help big time with receivers. emmitt smith was proof running behind the moose and a beast oline!

#50 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,852 posts
  • Location714

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

First 3 seasons as a pro

1445 yards 12 TD (Michael)
1758 yards 15 TD (Dez)

Morale to the story is im not saying Dez Bryant is a bust or a elite receiver right now, all im saying is he is only 23 give him time.

This post was no disrespect to the Playmaker by the way lol

Wow.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#51 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,852 posts
  • Location714

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Dallas didnt have Emmitt Irvins first 3 years! Dez isnt going to jail either and another thing to take in to consideration is Dez doesnt have the brightest of guys calling plays. Cut this guy some slack if yall want to talk about an idiot wearing 88 for the cowboys look up Antonio Bryant. For all the battles Dez has faced in his life hes doing alright for him self!

Bryant wore 89 I believe.

#52 romeo

romeo

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans/Chicago/Los Angeles/SF-Oakland Bay Area/Dayton/St. Louis/New Orleans/Pearland TX

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

First 3 seasons as a pro

1445 yards 12 TD (Michael)
1758 yards 15 TD (Dez)

Morale to the story is im not saying Dez Bryant is a bust or a elite receiver right now, all im saying is he is only 23 give him time.

This post was no disrespect to the Playmaker by the way lol

Michael tore his knee up and missed most of his second season and 1st part of his third season.

Dez is not a bust. He his just as the movie Tombstone said of Ringo "he is just high strong" "he has a hole inside him he can't fill", He needs a coach/QB that says "I'll be your huckleberry".
"The Peak to Reach Lies Deep Within...to Grasp It is to Lose It."
www.outthebox.com
Posted Image
How Bout Dem Cowboys!

#53 freeb

freeb

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • LocationOn the beach

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Can't compare Michael and Dez. Dez might have the stats, and that's fine. But Irvin brought something much more important, and that was intensity and passion for the game and for his team. I don't know how many games he won by his ability to fire up the guys when they were losing late or early, but there were many. Dez ain't got that.

Can't teach that.

I still have hope for the kid anyway.

#54 dandy don 52

dandy don 52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

dez is no where near M.Irvin and numbers dont lie but they can be misleading . That was a different time.
Dez is a bust, just like felix.
I would rather have LR than him.

Cowboys + Jason Garrett =  a poorly led team.

#55 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

dez is no where near M.Irvin and numbers dont lie but they can be misleading . That was a different time.
Dez is a bust, just like felix.
I would rather have LR than him.

yup Robinson was better. Should've shipped Dez to Jacksonville.

$%28KGrHqN,%21pcE7Bcvmh6+BPDhOFn3%29%21~

#56 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,852 posts
  • Location714

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

yup Robinson was better. Should've shipped Dez to Jacksonville.

Dez and Blackmon....wow.

#57 Fullback32

Fullback32

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

Bryant wore 89 I believe.

Nope. Antonio Bryant also wore 88.

"Walt Garrison is the toughest football player I ever played against or coached."- Dan Reeves

Posted Image

#58 ewills254

ewills254

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

As of right now nobody can say Dez needs to go because that simply makes no sense and it is just ignorant lol..

#59 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

As of right now nobody can say Dez needs to go because that simply makes no sense and it is just ignorant lol..

Even if Dez were told to go, he's not intelligent enough to find the exit.