On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

What's Worse: Empty Seats at Cowboys Stadium or 20,000 Opposing Fans?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 ArtClink

ArtClink

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

According to one poster on this forum, there were 20,000 - 30,000 Bears fans at the stadium Mon night. So it got me thinking what's worse, empty seats or a large percentage of seats occupied by opposing fans?

n54vh0.jpg

#2 Clydesmom

Clydesmom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationNot in Dallas :(

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Opposing fans are worse. Empty seats means less money and Jerry might actually take notice and hire a GM.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
- Vincent Lombardi

Winning the NFCE is roughly the equivalent of being the finest hockey team in all of Ecuador.

#3 BCarr39

BCarr39

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Has to be opposing fans.Theres nothing more humiliating than to have the opponent 's fans having their way/taking over in your stadium
Get away from me ,Jerry.You remind me of my life's mistakes
Posted Image

#4 BCarr39

BCarr39

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Has to be opposing fans.Theres nothing more humiliating than to have the opponent 's fans having their way/taking over in your stadium

But this doesn't seem to register with jerry who boasted that hes the one who sold them the tickets
Posted Image

#5 cowboyscrzygal

cowboyscrzygal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,710 posts
  • LocationKaty, Texas

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Agree, opposing fans.

"Don't stop believin'...." ~ Journey

#6 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts
  • LocationPadded Bacon Cell

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Opposing fans are worse. Empty seats means less money and Jerry might actually take notice and hire a GM.

Or he sells the Cowboys and they get moved to another city

#7 Clydesmom

Clydesmom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationNot in Dallas :(

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Or he sells the Cowboys and they get moved to another city

Won't happen with that billion dollar stadium. Even if he sold they would stay put. NFL would never approve the move and neither would the fans. Who would turn out to watch the Salt Lake City Cowboys? They tried to move the Browns and look how far that got.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
- Vincent Lombardi

Winning the NFCE is roughly the equivalent of being the finest hockey team in all of Ecuador.

#8 Ozone22

Ozone22

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationVEGAS

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Have to agree with opposing fans being the worst.

2nk8mm0.jpg

#9 N1DCFAN

N1DCFAN

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Winning games in front of that 20,000 number of opposing fans will fix all of these problems. Do that consistantly and they will stop showing up to watch thier team get beat down. That's what needs to start happening.

The stands will NEVER be empty for a Dallas Cowboys game.
Go USA!!! Go Cowboys!!! Go Mavericks!!! Go Rangers!!! Go Irish!!! Go Stars!!!

#10 The Fly

The Fly

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Footballistically speaking either is embarrassing....From the business standpoint, Jerry could care less who takes the seats as long as occupant has paid for a ticket

#11 cwbys4ever

cwbys4ever

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Opposing fans hands down.

#12 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,678 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Either way jerry is getting paid so it doesn't matter

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#13 davidam

davidam

Draftee

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

According to one poster on this forum, there were 20,000 - 30,000 Bears fans at the stadium Mon night. So it got me thinking what's worse, empty seats or a large percentage of seats occupied by opposing fans?

Clearly much worst have opposing fans rather than empty seats. For Cowboy fans anyway but not the owner JJ the root of this teams problems. I look for JJ to market to opposing teams even more moving forward to bring in revenues. Truly sad and down right making me sick as cowboy stadium becomes everyones stadium. I am a true long Cowboy fan I will suffer with this crap as changing teams is never an option as much as I wish it could be

#14 Fullback32

Fullback32

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Definitely having opposing fans is a much bigger problem.

"Walt Garrison is the toughest football player I ever played against or coached."- Dan Reeves

Posted Image

#15 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,555 posts
  • Location714

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Some fear opposition. Others seek it.....

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#16 ArtClink

ArtClink

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I feel like most fans considered Texas Stadium our stadium, but consider the new stadium jerry's stadium. It's sad that we used to feel that the team belonged to the local community as much as to the owner. At least Texas Stadium was built to put football as its primary focus unlike the new mall at jerry world.

n54vh0.jpg

#17 BCarr39

BCarr39

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

I feel like most fans considered Texas Stadium our stadium, but consider the new stadium jerry's stadium. It's sad that we used to feel that the team belonged to the local community as much as to the owner. At least Texas Stadium was built to put football as its primary focus unlike the new mall at jerry world.

Amen to that
Posted Image

#18 starcrazy

starcrazy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Well I'll just say if you don't like it, go to the game.

#19 Capn b

Capn b

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,328 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

I would like to see some prove about those numbers. I aint saying it aint so, but only the cheeseheads and Steelers have been known to have followings like that.

#20 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts
  • LocationPadded Bacon Cell

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

I would like to see some prove about those numbers. I aint saying it aint so, but only the cheeseheads and Steelers have been known to have followings like that.

I think the number is a lil overstated