On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

This game biggest ever for these Cowboys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 Howabouttemboys

Howabouttemboys

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Not only do the Ravens have an NFL best 13 game winning streak at home, they have never lost to the Cowboys. This Dallas Cowboys team needs offense to show up or Ravens will extend both streaks.

This is the MOST important game in any of these players lives. Or at least it should be. They need a statement game to show emotional play fighting for each other and cleaning up their act.

If they lose this game confidence will wain and another season explaining why O-line destroys our chances to make playoffs. You guys on the line better remember in football them guys beside you are your brethern.

GET IT TOGETHER OFFENSE
NEVER STOP DEFENSE...ALL GAME

Take another stadium
Posted Image

This new forum is tight as Spidermans underwear.

"Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to obtain uncommon results."

Posted Image

#2 Larry Minetti

Larry Minetti

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

go cowboys!

#3 GMO415

GMO415

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,560 posts
  • Location714

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Dallas offensive woes continue.

jesus_loves_cowboys__no_lighting_copy.jp

#4 BKA22

BKA22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationSpring, TX

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

A statement game would be great, but they just need to win any way they can. If they go in there and beat the Ravens 3-2, believe me, they will walk away from that thinking it was a statement game. If they win 50-49 they will think thats a statement game too. To the players and coaches, if you have more points thats all that matters...no matter how you got it. You can be getting beat for 59min and if you score and win in the last they say "we never gave up..we did it on their field..we overcame adversity". Regardless of how crappy they play...a win is a win is a win...and they always take the positive from that and turn it into a "statement" if you will. Like the Cowboys vs Tampa. Played like crap. Made all kinds of mistakes. Found a way to win in the end.

Statement: We battled for 60min. We never got down on ourselves. Kept playing hard. We did what we had to do to win and its a testament to the will and resolve of this team.

#5 nightrain

nightrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

It's the latest biggest game of the season (that's how you tell you have a mediocre team, all the games seem to be must wins). I do think the Ravens are beatable and the Cowboys D is good enough to keep the opponents score low.

If Romo and Co. can't maintain some ball control and eliminate the turnovers, the Cowboys won't have much of a shot.

Billy_Gibbons_SRV_3-copy.jpg

#6 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Can't yet say for sure if this is a big game.

I don't know if we lost or not.

Chambers Bay.  The 2015 US Open.  At stake, the Career Grand Slam.

mickelson-phil-jug-thumbsup-072113-640x3

GO PHIL!!!!!!!!

#7 JP_Balfour

JP_Balfour

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts
  • LocationMoberly, MO (temporarily)

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

I agree this is a big game....it sets us up for the 5 game stretch (4 on the road) against some of the best teams in the NFL....we need to find a way to get it done.

3.27.2014....the cowboys have a new fan! 

Ayla Blair Balfour 6p5oz

#8 DDdave

DDdave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,371 posts
  • LocationNew Market, MD

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

It is the biggest game for the Cowboys this week. Next week will be the biggest game for the Cowboys next week.

Cowboys 2014 wish list. Improved game management, defense, trenches, run game. Fewer injuries. Win the NFCE! Bacon for everyone!! GO COWBOYS!!!

#9 rgrwest

rgrwest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDeRidder, Louisiana by way of Dallas.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

It's the latest biggest game of the season (that's how you tell you have a mediocre team, all the games seem to be must wins). I do think the Ravens are beatable and the Cowboys D is good enough to keep the opponents score low.

If Romo and Co. can't maintain some ball control and eliminate the turnovers, the Cowboys won't have much of a shot.

The Ravens Office could only muster 9 points against the Chiefs. Our Defense could do the same, as long as we press and cover their receivers like KC did. The run game is where baltimore will beat us. Just like our lack of one will aid in a loss. If we can get ours going and stop theirs, we will win this game.

#10 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,588 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Standings wise, its not that big of a game. It would a different matter if were a division opponent.

However, with the way the team has been playing, they have no choice but to make this a big game, or a statement game. They need to make a statement that they're not dead yet; that they still have some signs of life left in them. We'll just have and wait and see who shows up to play and who doesn't.

#11 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,678 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Dallas offensive woes continue.

You know that's right but give them some credit we're playing the ravens!! lol

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#12 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,678 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Every game is big for the cowboys, their will be another game this season that you'll hear this same thing

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#13 CPanther95

CPanther95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

The Ravens Office could only muster 9 points against the Chiefs.

You never know what Flacco you're going to get. They also put up 44 against the Bengals and 31 against the Pats.

Garrett_zps79fa5c54.png

#14 KMY Amber

KMY Amber

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

The Ravens Office could only muster 9 points against the Chiefs. Our Defense could do the same, as long as we press and cover their receivers like KC did. The run game is where baltimore will beat us. Just like our lack of one will aid in a loss. If we can get ours going and stop theirs, we will win this game.

Nice try, but that's no plausible analogy...

Ravens play down to their competition.

At home, against the Cowboys, they will try to kill us....THEY will be trying to make a statement.

Don't think they're going to come out flat against us at home. Not going to happen.

Just hope we play well enough to be in the game at halftime. I'm worried that the size of the moment will overwhelm our young guys, and then Romo will be trying to call audibles at the LOS in all that noise (plenty of false starts!), and next thing you know, it's 3rd and long.

Romo will try to be a hero, and turnover the ball.

If we get behind early, don't think we're coming back. That crowd will totally disrupt our simplistic, audible-based passing game....and we won't stand a chance if we get down by 14 or more. Flood gates will then be open.

#15 couchcoach

couchcoach

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

This game, if they lose, could be the one that sends them reeling. I don't think this offense has much confidence in the OC, QB or each other. In just one quarter of the season we've seen too many mental errors, poor throws, poor blocking, dropped passes and questionable play calling.

The Ravens are looking to get balanced and they'll try that against us. They're coming off a bad win and playing at home. This is as good a test as we could get.

#16 dandy don 52

dandy don 52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

it is a big game, either we be 3-2 or 2-3 going into the next game.

Cowboys + Jason Garrett =  a poorly led team.

#17 BCarr39

BCarr39

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Nice try, but that's no plausible analogy...

Ravens play down to their competition.

At home, against the Cowboys, they will try to kill us....THEY will be trying to make a statement.

Don't think they're going to come out flat against us at home. Not going to happen.

Just hope we play well enough to be in the game at halftime. I'm worried that the size of the moment will overwhelm our young guys, and then Romo will be trying to call audibles at the LOS in all that noise (plenty of false starts!), and next thing you know, it's 3rd and long.

Romo will try to be a hero, and turnover the ball.

If we get behind early, don't think we're coming back. That crowd will totally disrupt our simplistic, audible-based passing game....and we won't stand a chance if we get down by 14 or more. Flood gates will then be open.

Ravens are notorious for playing to level of sub 500 teams.They are a vastly different team at home obviously with that 13 game winning streak.They use homefield advantage even better than the Seahags
Will be pleasantly surprised if Boys somehow pull off a win,but I wouldn't bet the house on it.No indication to suggest Free,Bernadeau and Vickers will find magic blocking powder to injest before the game
Get away from me ,Jerry.You remind me of my life's mistakes
Posted Image

#18 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,678 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Ravens are notorious for playing to level of sub 500 teams.They are a vastly different team at home obviously with that 13 game winning streak.They use homefield advantage even better than the Seahags
Will be pleasantly surprised if Boys somehow pull off a win,but I wouldn't bet the house on it.No indication to suggest Free,Bernadeau and Vickers will find magic blocking powder to injest before the game

HONESTLY I'M SORRY THAT'S US!! Let us play a 1-3 team I BET we struggle I put that on everything!

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#19 E22

E22

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Not only do the Ravens have an NFL best 13 game winning streak at home, they have never lost to the Cowboys. This Dallas Cowboys team needs offense to show up or Ravens will extend both streaks.

This is the MOST important game in any of these players lives. Or at least it should be. They need a statement game to show emotional play fighting for each other and cleaning up their act.

If they lose this game confidence will wain and another season explaining why O-line destroys our chances to make playoffs. You guys on the line better remember in football them guys beside you are your brethern.

GET IT TOGETHER OFFENSE
NEVER STOP DEFENSE...ALL GAME

Take another stadium
Posted Image

Point of contention. The Ravens used to be the Browns, and we did beat them several times. I don't buy into the NFL's memory hole concerning that. The new Browns should not get the history and stats of a team that still exists in another city. It would be like the Texans claiming the stats and history of the Oilers. It makes no sense other than to placate Browns fans.

#20 KMY Amber

KMY Amber

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

I live here in the Baltimore area. These fans are rabid and raucous. And like most cities, they HATE the Cowboys, just 'cause.

That stadium is LOUD (not audible-friendly at all).

And Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are football smart (will win most chess matches). You're rarely going to "fool" them.

So, basically, we need to outcoach the Ravens, because left to the players, I don't think we can outplay them for 60 minutes in Baltimore.

And when was the last time Garrett and Ryan outcoached anybody, especially in a big game??????

(and just because we beat the Giants in week 1 doesn't mean we outcoached them, we just outplayed them - and they stunk it up with lots of silly mistakes, more mistakes than us)