You are here

Photo

The best series on Television, thats right Game of Thrones!!

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#1 jay94

jay94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

This should very well be a topic in this thread, this series has been absolutely amazing, I don't read books, but it is so good I am contemplating by the series, although I will be disappointed to some point in the differentials between to two.  One thing I love is seeing GoT characters on movies and new Tv series.  I am biased to midevil times, but this is my favorite series of all time bar none.  Anyways what do you guys think of this series?  This is the only series I have to see the new episode when it comes out. 

I guess others were right, when people said since they don't have HBO they don't see it, so no insight given.  I will say if you like Vikings you should at least entertain the thought of giving Game of Thrones a try.  I will say besides football season the premier of GoT are a few of the things I get excited for. 

• Call Me Doc and yobwoc sallad like this

#2 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationLodi, New Jersey

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

Awesome show, no doubt. Well done, large, expensive production. I just read an article that George RR Martin is hoping for the show to run 10 seasons with season 5 starting in a month. I happen to read a lot but am holding off on these books until the TV series is over. That will help with the GoT fix after it's gone. Definitely the best show on TV. And I like a lot of tv shows. lol

Without reading the books and knowing the end, even if you read the books the end hasn't been written yet, so my guess is Khaleesi will have the Iron throne.. but you never know. Martin throws a lot of curveballs. Very unpredictable!

1482809267603.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

#3 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

Awesome show, no doubt. Well done, large, expensive production. I just read an article that George RR Martin is hoping for the show to run 10 seasons with season 5 starting in a month. I happen to read a lot but am holding off on these books until the TV series is over. That will help with the GoT fix after it's gone. Definitely the best show on TV. And I like a lot of tv shows. lol

Without reading the books and knowing the end, even if you read the books the end hasn't been written yet, so my guess is Khaleesi will have the Iron throne.. but you never know. Martin throws a lot of curveballs. Very unpredictable!

Talk about curve balls, how bout the red wedding

The Only Reason For Time Is So That Everything Doesn't happen At Once - Buckaroo Banzai

Whose Wine,What Wine, Where The Hell Did I Dine? - Peter Frampton

If You Ever Get Annoyed Look At Me I'm Self Employed, I Love To Work At Nothin All Day - BTO

The Ocean Is A Desert With Its Life Underground And A Perfect Disguise Above - AmericaIMG_3160_zps002a59ae.png

#4 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

That was crazy, he certainly likes to kill people off!! I thought King Joffrey would've been eaten by a dragon, poisoned at his own wedding was a little disappointing! lol Still a curveball if you haven't read the books. Prince Oberyn and the Mountain, The Hound and Brienne. Lot of great unexpected scenes!!

***EDIT*** Martin wants to do 10 seasons plus a movie!!

• haleyrules likes this

#5 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:44 AM

That was crazy, he certainly likes to kill people off!! I thought King Joffrey would've been eaten by a dragon, poisoned at his own wedding was a little disappointing! lol Still a curveball if you haven't read the books. Prince Oberyn and the Mountain, The Hound and Brienne. Lot of great unexpected scenes!!

***EDIT*** Martin wants to do 10 seasons plus a movie!!

I was starting to like the hound before Brienne took him out, and I have a strange feeling that Brann will end up with that dragon that's on the loose

The Only Reason For Time Is So That Everything Doesn't happen At Once - Buckaroo Banzai

If You Ever Get Annoyed Look At Me I'm Self Employed, I Love To Work At Nothin All Day - BTO

The Ocean Is A Desert With Its Life Underground And A Perfect Disguise Above - AmericaIMG_3160_zps002a59ae.png

#6 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

I was starting to like the hound before Brienne took him out, and I have a strange feeling that Brann will end up with that dragon that's on the loose

The hound and arya were a good team. You're probably right about Brann...  who knows what's going to happen there? If they're planning on 6 more seasons and a movie,, a hell of a lot. lol

• sulu1701 likes this

#7 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

The hound and arya were a good team. You're probably right about Brann...  who knows what's going to happen there? If they're planning on 6 more seasons and a movie,, a hell of a lot. lol

Tyrion ( Peter Dinklage ) lives about 30 min. from me in New Paltz

#8 jay94

jay94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

This is one of the things I love and hate, but it definitely separates itself from any other series by doing this.  I do hate that they tend to be my favorite characters, although there are still some left that are up, Peter Dinklage is the man.

#9 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

This is one of the things I love and hate, but it definitely separates itself from any other series by doing this.  I do hate that they tend to be my favorite characters, although there are still some left that are up, Peter Dinklage is the man.

I find it interesting how the characters personalities have changed, innocent Sansa is developing a dark side ,Tyrion has become a murderer, Jaimie has learned humility, and the hound was becoming an anti-hero before his untimely demise

#10 jay94

jay94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:30 PM

I find it interesting how the characters personalities have changed, innocent Sansa is developing a dark side ,Tyrion has become a murderer, Jaimie has learned humility, and the hound was becoming an anti-hero before his untimely demise

Well Sansa is just trying to survive, so she is adapting the best she can to the situation.  Tyrion, while probably not great to kill your dad, but he ultimately loved Shae and his father treated him like crap since he has been born. 

#11 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

Well Sansa is just trying to survive, so she is adapting the best she can to the situation.  Tyrion, while probably not great to kill your dad, but he ultimately loved Shae and his father treated him like crap since he has been born. 

I just have this feeling that Sansa and Little Finger are gonna do in the little prince and I think he has designs on Sansa since he couldn't have her mother, but she did lie to save his ass, which led me to believe that she was going to the dark side lol

• haleyrules likes this

#12 haleyrules

haleyrules

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Warm

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

What kind of ending was that to season 5. Martin should be shot. Killing off all those great characters. Sensa...Theon and Jon Snow. Blinding Arya...What a prick. Not sure its worth watching anymore. Build up great characters and then destroy them. Right now..I am feeling F*** George Martin and his series. GO VIKINGS.

#13 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

What kind of ending was that to season 5. Martin should be shot. Killing off all those great characters. Sensa...Theon and Jon Snow. Blinding Arya...What a prick. Not sure its worth watching anymore. Build up great characters and then destroy them. Right now..I am feeling F*** George Martin and his series. GO VIKINGS.

You saw Theon and Sansa jump, but you didn't see them land, so I'm leaving that one open for now, but I thought John would survive although you could see the writing on the wall with the way things were going with him, and it's funny how the fire Queen slipped out of camp before the slaughter, but the one thing for certain is that Cersei is a natural blonde lol

• haleyrules likes this

#14 haleyrules

haleyrules

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Warm

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:32 PM

Sulu...I always admire and love your posts. However, if anyone jumps 800 feet into rocks and ice...you must assume they are, in fact, DEAD. HAHAHAAHAH!!!! George has gone too far this time. I am grossly disappointed in his ideas. Killing of the hound, even if temporarily was pushing it. Killing Sansa and Jon was simply too much!!!!!!

#15 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

Sulu...I always admire and love your posts. However, if anyone jumps 800 feet into rocks and ice...you must assume they are, in fact, DEAD. HAHAHAAHAH!!!! George has gone too far this time. I am grossly disappointed in his ideas. Killing of the hound, even if temporarily was pushing it. Killing Sansa and Jon was simply too much!!!!!!

Just a guess, but I don't think Sansa and Theon are dead. That was no 800 foot drop More like 50 to 75 feet into snow? Unless you see them die, then you never know. Jon Snow is without a doubt dead.

• sulu1701, haleyrules and MCRP2014 like this

#16 haleyrules

haleyrules

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Warm

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

I may have over reacted!! I was just shocked about everything..,Stannis and Jon Snows death...etc. Still love the show...just lost some fine cast members. I am still certain Sansa and Theon are gone. Losing great characters always hurts!!! LOL!!

#17 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:43 AM

I may have over reacted!! I was just shocked about everything..,Stannis and Jon Snows death...etc. Still love the show...just lost some fine cast members. I am still certain Sansa and Theon are gone. Losing great characters always hurts!!! LOL!!

I haven't read the books and did not see the Jon Snow death coming. That was very upsetting. As for Stannis after he burned his daughter, he deserved to have Brienne take his head off. You saw that things weren't going to end well for him. Even Jon Snow looked very tired in that final episode. Should've known something was up once Sam left? And what was happening with Daenerys? That was a weird ending!! Another 9 months and we'll have some answers!!! lol

• sulu1701 and haleyrules like this

#18 sulu1701

sulu1701

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

Just a guess, but I don't think Sansa and Theon are dead. That was no 800 foot drop More like 50 to 75 feet into snow? Unless you see them die, then you never know. Jon Snow is without a doubt dead.

I agree, I think they may have survived, nothing is for certain in this series, that's for sure

#19 Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:42 PM

This show loves showing blood so unless I see the bloody dead bodies I think there is a chance they are alive. Nothing in the finale surprised me it went pretty much as I expected. I think next season will have some nice surprises. This is one of my favorite shows and it sure does help pass 10 weeks of the football offseason. I am really worried I read the two guys who make the show don't want to go past 8 seasons. That would mean only 30 more episodes and that is not enough GoT for me.

Nobody owes you anything life is what you make of it.

#20 Big_D

Big_D

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:17 PM

This show loves showing blood so unless I see the bloody dead bodies I think there is a chance they are alive. Nothing in the finale surprised me it went pretty much as I expected. I think next season will have some nice surprises. This is one of my favorite shows and it sure does help pass 10 weeks of the football offseason. I am really worried I read the two guys who make the show don't want to go past 8 seasons. That would mean only 30 more episodes and that is not enough GoT for me.

I read that George RR Martin wants to go 10 seasons and a movie!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users