151 replies to this topic

#141 FanSinceSeventy

FanSinceSeventy

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:48 PM

Cowboy Nation, I believe we've been "Barking Up the Wrong Tree" this has to be a streaming problem from the AT&T. That is where we should be making the calls.
I personally have Verizon and don't have streaming problems, but I bet if we start calling AT&T corporate office customer service COMPLAINING about their crappy streaming at The Star, it will get rectified rather quickly!

#142 92cowboys93

92cowboys93

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:41 PM

i dont know what happened but i cant watch the shows live anymore.the show constantly stops and starts that has never happened before not one time .til you started the shows at the new studio
  • bullett22 likes this

#143 BetterDefense

BetterDefense

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

Streaming is terrible.
  • mrfreddyrob and bullett22 like this

#144 BetterDefense

BetterDefense

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:49 PM

Sometimes the best guys don't have the best chemistry.

#145 westernsky

westernsky

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

Bryan's analysis of how Dak would react to seeing Romo on the sidelines in a uniform is not correct. Dak is not fazed by much of anything that goes on besides doing what he does in his own job. His poise is part of his biological nature. Some people are like that. They are actually born poised. People like that are very, very reliable, because they are unaffected by outside circumstances and simply focus in on what needs to be done, and do it. Everyone wants to be around people like that, because they are like a compass that keeps the ship on the correct course in the middle of a storm.

#146 BryanvsTinyJim

BryanvsTinyJim

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

I'd just like to say that I've had no problems streaming, aside from that one time when the link was not available.

#147 DemBoys88

DemBoys88

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada/South Carolina

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

Stream still cuts on and off constantly I just wait to download it now which sucks but hey what can you do ;)
  • mrfreddyrob and bullett22 like this

#148 mrfreddyrob

mrfreddyrob

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:49 PM

All that money for the Star and you can't include some upgraded streaming equipment? C'mon Man!!

Killin me.
  • bullett22 and DemBoys88 like this

#149 bullett22

bullett22

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:58 PM

Cowboy Nation, I believe we've been "Barking Up the Wrong Tree" this has to be a streaming problem from the AT&T. That is where we should be making the calls.
I personally have Verizon and don't have streaming problems, but I bet if we start calling AT&T corporate office customer service COMPLAINING about their crappy streaming at The Star, it will get rectified rather quickly!

This problem has been going on for a long time in NY and I have optimum online here as ISP, but it is not isolated to my location. I have had it occur in multiple states, including Texas. It happens on web browsers and the app.

On the other hand I have a very fast connection at home, and I stream HD video from Netflix for example, and also several other sources without incident. I watch a few different news programs that also live stream with video and those programs all stream without incident and have for years.

I have only ever experienced a chronic issue like this with one source and that is the Dallas Cowboys .com, and it happens on all of their live streams.

It is clearly a source problem, and can only be addressed by the web department at Dallas Cowboys.Com.

These bad outbreaks of choppy video play on the live stream keep reoccurring, like now. In the past it eventually gets a little better, but it has never gone away entirely.

So this years unwatchability is not unusual. It has been reoccurring for me ever since they added video to the live stream. More people are seeing it now because more people are watching or are trying to watch the show live, but it isn't new. It has been going on for years.

I would hope that they care enough about their product to fix the issue. I know they care about their product, but I have made numerous comments regarding the issue, I have tried tweets and I wrote a letter to Jerry recently detailing the issue and offering my help, and so far I haven't received a response.

The only conclusion I can draw at this point is that the Dallas Cowboys Website Staff, are incapable of understanding the problem or fixing it. It is hard to believe that the Cowboys can't afford the technology to do a proper live web stream and/or afford the expertise that it requires to do a competent job at live streaming the shows, but maybe we expect too much from the web department.  

If I don't hear back from Jerry I will write him again until something gets done. I just don't understand why they are comfortable with this chronic issue. They produce great shows, it is a shame that many fans are unable to watch them when they are broadcast.  

#150 dscott52

dscott52

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

At the beginning of the show 11/08, Broaddus claimed that Eli threw his last pass straight to Philadelphia, trying to give the game away. In reality it was a tip ball interception caused by a lineman getting his hand up at the last minute. Bad break...not poor judgement.
I'm not a Giants or Eagles fan - the cowboys game ended early & the network switched over to the end of the Eagles, Giants game.  The network showed several replays of the tip ball interception. When listening to this show I appreciate observations based on facts and not opinions based on personal bias.

• Cowboysfan54 likes this

#151 rloenser

rloenser

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=-NMI-iGlkW4

#152 OldSchoolBum

OldSchoolBum

Professional Starter