You are here

Photo

LIVE Talkin' Cowboys

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#101 Feed the Zeke

Feed the Zeke

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:06 PM

What you call it not playing well. 49ers. Love you Nate..lol
Mickey has little man syndrome.

#102 C Nation

C Nation

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

Hey Mick is it safe too say that Doug free can take a back seat now that Chaz is playing better ? with Leary also stepping up also ?
#talking Cowboys
@Talking Cowboys : %u2022Hey Mick is it safe too say that Doug free can take a back seat now that Chaz green is playing better ? with Leary also stepping up also ?

#103 TNTTYREE

TNTTYREE

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:12 PM

Zeke is good but not great, I don't see him make people miss? Is he still not in shape? He seems to lack that top gear? I don't see a long career for him, simply because he doesn't make people miss & takes big hits. Where was Mayowa? Need people to step up in the pass rush!

#104 RonnieT24

RonnieT24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:56 PM

People lose sight of the fact that Zeke suffered a hammie during camp which robs one of explosiveness and top end speed. It takes time to build up a) the power and explosiveness in the legs and b) the confidence to use it. The kid will be fine. He is showing good vision and burst and getting better in both aspects. The only criticism I have at the moment is that I think once in the open field he is accepting that guys will catch him a little too soon rather than hitting the accelerator and making them prove they can. But some of that probably comes back to my first point about the hammie.

#105 bullett22

bullett22

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:27 PM

I hope it is not going to be the same with Zeke as it has been with Tony. Years of certain fans denying the reality of the players skill.

Zeke is arguably the best RB in the league as of today, at worst top 5, and some of the Cowboys fans have no clue about it. He is just now feeling his rhythm and it is only going to get better from here. If you are not convinced watch some of the breakdowns of Zeke's SF runs on ESPN.com and NFL.com. The experts are seeing the same thing.

I liked Elliott in the draft but, I wanted Ramsey. I just wanted defense even though I was having some doubts about Ramsey's natural position as others had noted. The truth though is the Cowboys knocked it out of the park with the Zeke pick.

I know he is a rookie but he is leading the league in rushing after four games and he hasn't even hit his stride yet. He is everything he was supposed to be and he has made this Cowboys offense something beyond what it was in 2014, even without Bryant in the line up and a rookie QB.

The Cowboys have another hi-caliber player on offense with Elliot, he can make game changing plays, and it arguable that Zeke is the best player on this team right now. He is the in the top three for sure.

Please don't wait another game to notice and appreciate Zeke for the great player he is.

The best is yet to come... Go Cowboys!

#106 GMO415

GMO415

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,855 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

VICTORY MONDAY!!!

#107 Witten_Fan

Witten_Fan

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

This article was on NFL .com... I'm thinking the fact they just beat the packers at lambeau field is kinda settling in and we have a rookie qb :]
nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722782/article/dez-predicts-ezekiel-elliott-will-hit-2000-rushing-yards

#108 Chuckthebuck

Chuckthebuck

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

Throwing to cousin Andy! Romo's done, enjoy the new era!

#109 Trubrewman

Trubrewman

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

I hope it is not going to be the same with Zeke as it has been with Tony. Years of certain fans denying the reality of the players skill.

Zeke is arguably the best RB in the league as of today, at worst top 5, and some of the Cowboys fans have no clue about it. He is just now feeling his rhythm and it is only going to get better from here. If you are not convinced watch some of the breakdowns of Zeke's SF runs on ESPN.com and NFL.com. The experts are seeing the same thing.

I liked Elliott in the draft but, I wanted Ramsey. I just wanted defense even though I was having some doubts about Ramsey's natural position as others had noted. The truth though is the Cowboys knocked it out of the park with the Zeke pick.

I know he is a rookie but he is leading the league in rushing after four games and he hasn't even hit his stride yet. He is everything he was supposed to be and he has made this Cowboys offense something beyond what it was in 2014, even without Bryant in the line up and a rookie QB.

The Cowboys have another hi-caliber player on offense with Elliot, he can make game changing plays, and it arguable that Zeke is the best player on this team right now. He is the in the top three for sure.

Please don't wait another game to notice and appreciate Zeke for the great player he is.

The best is yet to come... Go Cowboys!

Just wait til you get a load of Jaylon Smith... He is the LB version of Zeke and is coming soon.  

#110 Trubrewman

Trubrewman

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

Zeke is good but not great, I don't see him make people miss? Is he still not in shape? He seems to lack that top gear? I don't see a long career for him, simply because he doesn't make people miss & takes big hits. Where was Mayowa? Need people to step up in the pass rush!

Like Emmitt, Zeke glances off hitters and keeps moving forward, unlike DMC who sought out head on collisions every time.  I think Zeke showed a nice gear on the 60 yarder vs. Cinci. to split those safeties.  Best thing is his strength to break loose at LOS from tacklers.  But, in the end, if you believed Barry Sanders was the better back over Emmitt, look elsewhere.  Zeke is closer to Barry than Emmitt.  I'll always take the better all-round back vs. a guy leaning towards scatback skills.  

#111 TNTTYREE

TNTTYREE

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

Trubrewman, I loved how Emmitt could make people miss & NOT take Big hits, its why he lasted long enough to be the Best RB in the history of the Game IMHO.
IMHO I still think Zeke is playing about 10 LBS too many and will only improve. & your right he did burst on the 60 yarder but not so much when he zigged & zagged vs the pack. I dont think he is in "Elite shape" I hope he can though, because he has a tall ceiling! He also benefits from having a QB that is well rounded also because teams can't stack the LOS like they did last year with D-Mac knowing Noodle arm cassell couldn't throw the ball 30 years
*30 Yards

#112 tssent

tssent

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

Hey Mick,

Please comment on this: If Romo had thrown that interception in the
end zone, the ENTIRE COWBOY NATION would be on his a** today,
non-stop, even if the Cowboys had won.

Romo won 15 of the last 20 games he played. He's not on the sideline
for LOSING. He's on the sideline because of injury. Let's remember
that going forward and also remember that Dak signed up to be 3rd
string backup. Until and unless Romo loses the job -- and I think it
IS his to lose -- he's our QB. Love Dak. He's the future, no question.
We've got a win-win here. Use Romo until he can no longer lead the
team and keep Dak, good as the best in the NLF, at the ready. Who
can possibly complain about that? Why make a controversy out of it?

#113 RogerDodger12

RogerDodger12

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:18 PM

thought this was talking cowboys not college

#114 evilswa

evilswa

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:46 PM

The sooner you guys realize that Ray from Fort Worth has NO INTEREST in actually talking toy you guys and is only interested in using TC as his sounding board for his rants the better.

#115 tssent

tssent

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hey "Talkin' Cowboys"...

When is one of you going to say something about our
questionable investment in Dez Bryant?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GUY?

He reminds me more and more of T.O.with every passing
day. Sometimes I think that if he'd been a sheriff back when,
he'd have been the fast gun in the west -- quick as he is
to point the finger at everybody; not to say he'd have had
the accuracy to go along with it...

Unless he's ready to take a lot less, he's frankly not worth
whatever he's making. Half the time he's injured and on
the bench, and when he's finally ok and back on the field
his parts are all working -- except his hands.

Seriously, Dez needs some coaching of the counseling kind.
This guy so totally programs himself out of fear that he's not
going to catch a ball that he doesn't.

In a game that really matters (not meaning to cast any
aspersions at the Browns) even a single drop can mean
a game. Just as surely a single drop in a  playoff
can mean a season.

It's apparently not Dez's work ethic that's the problem. It's
not his skill set that seems to be hurting him. It's not his athleticism
that's a concern.  No, there's something in this guy psyche that
so preoccupies him that IT (fear) becomes the program that wins. He
deserves to have a professional determine just what and
either work it out or willingly move over (be traded).