#1 Ginster

Ginster

Amateur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSteubenville Ohio

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

Any Ohio State fans in here? What do you all think about the QB situation?  

#2 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:43 PM

About time we got a thread! Barrett should have been named starter from the beginning. But it's hard to bench a guy who's undefeated and won a championship. I think we'll look so much better this week.

#3 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,787 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

About time we got a thread! Barrett should have been named starter from the beginning. But it's hard to bench a guy who's undefeated and won a championship. I think we'll look so much better this week.

Barrett arrested for DUI. I think they have to suspend him now.

9tn384.jpg

#4 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

Barrett arrested for DUI. I think they have to suspend him now.

Yup, suspended a game. So now we're back to Cardale Jones.

#5 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

7 TDs for JT Barrett today (6 passing, 1 on the ground)

776 total yards for the team, 77 points.

Good way to start the season.

#6 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

As an outside observer to me it has been obvious for years that Barrett is your best quarterback

Frankly dude I'm not trying to be a jerk because I hate Michigan State more than you guys. I hate dantonio so much that I was rooting for you guys against Sparty. I still have trouble figuring out how you guys lost that game last year in Columbus. What the world happened?

dak-tweets.jpg?w=1000

Let's follow Dak's advice.

#NoExcuses

#stoptakingupforhim  

#7 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

As an outside observer to me it has been obvious for years that Barrett is your best quarterback

Frankly dude I'm not trying to be a jerk because I hate Michigan State more than you guys. I hate dantonio so much that I was rooting for you guys against Sparty. I still have trouble figuring out how you guys lost that game last year in Columbus. What the world happened?

We were so frustrated with the playcalling. Our OC left to become HC for Houston (Tom Herman who is doing awesome) so we had a new playcaller who for some reason wouldn't let Barrett throw the ball all year. In that game we had so many QB draws it was frustrating, expecially since Zeke only got the ball 11 (somewhere around that number) times. We took one shot down field and Barrett missed Braxton by a finger tip. Other than that one shot I don't think we threw it downfield at all even though we had the speed. After the game I think the coaches blamed the weather (it was rainy) as to why we didn't throw the ball. Pretty sure we got a new playcaller this year helping out last year's OC. Barrett has the arm talent, we just didn't use it last year.

After the game Zeke complained about it, and not getting the ball more. He basically said what all the OSU fans were thinking which is why nobody thought it was a big deal like the draft experts did.

#8 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

Season starts tonight!

#9 mrsouthpaw

mrsouthpaw

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 28,502 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around here

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

Goooooo Hoosiers
Boom!!

#10 DakBringMeBack

DakBringMeBack

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:25 AM

Any Ohio State fans in here? What do you all think about the QB situation?  

I'm in columbus... Wife is an alum. 

Barrett is up and down. Good athlete but has regressed as a passer. They'll stick with him all year; regardless. File away for the memory bank that he's going to cost them in a big spot at some point. They escaped a slow start tonight.

#11 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:01 AM

How about that freshman RB J.K. Dobbins today? Looked like Barry Sanders out there.

#12 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,787 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:25 AM

Damn OU you disrespected OSU planting their flag at midfield. I guess that was payback.

9tn384.jpg

#13 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:04 AM

Gotta feed our RBs more. Run the offense through Dobbins and Weber. Barrett doesn't need to run as much as he does when we got those two guys on the roster.

#14 Godfather

Godfather

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • LocationRelocated To Stillers Country

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Damn OU you disrespected OSU planting their flag at midfield. I guess that was payback.

That was classless.  He should be disciplined by the school and, if they don't, the school should be disciplined by the NCAA. 

So let's review the Cowboys shall we: Top tier dominating WR, HoF TE, All-Pro RB, All pro QB gets injured and the backup is just as good if not better. Ok Jerry is the devil or he made a deal with the devil.sig_2.jpg

#15 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 20,787 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

That was classless. He should be disciplined by the school and, if they don't, the school should be disciplined by the NCAA.

Didn't see what happened last year but it seemed to be in response to what OSU did in Norman. I doubt the NCAA does anything to Baker because it's not the NFL. Plus Baker is now the Heisman front runner along with Lamar Jackson.
  • atlantacowboy likes this

9tn384.jpg

#16 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,727 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

That was classless.  He should be disciplined by the school and, if they don't, the school should be disciplined by the NCAA. 

It was actually revenge for OSU singing their fight song on top of OU's logo last year in Norman.  

Gotta feed our RBs more. Run the offense through Dobbins and Weber. Barrett doesn't need to run as much as he does when we got those two guys on the roster.

Yeah,  JT can hand the ball off as well as anyone n the country. It might be his only QB skill you could call elite.   LMAO.

#17 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

It was actually revenge for OSU singing their fight song on top of OU's logo last year in Norman.

They sing their alma mater no matter where they are, win or lose. I don't think it was on their logo, would be weird of them to do it in the middle of the field in someone else's turf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users