On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Best Chance To Win....Really?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 DJ DOUBLE D1

DJ DOUBLE D1

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

I have been hearing for the past few years that Romo is still America's QB because he gives The Boyz "The Best Chance To Win."

Guess what?

He is still giving the ball away like Halloween candy and making the same bonehead mistakes he has been making since he became the starter, and The Boyz are still not close to winning.

If you ask me this dude gives The Boyz "No Chance To Win."

Time to cut bait.

#2 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,677 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg/York, Pennsylvania!!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

I just said that tonight lol "he gives us the best chance of winning" oh ok so why did you give that much to orton, would you NOT say those things if he were playing and romo was hurt, besides that right now he DOESN'T give us the best chance i'm sorry

I MADE THIS!!! #Coogiguy03

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#3 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 28,220 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

Our problems go far deeper than Romo.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#4 Deathevokation

Deathevokation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

Dimples is awesome according to his fans. He deserves a contract extension and guess what, we'll all pay for it by shelling out more for parking, merchandise and at the concession stand. Then we can cheer on his ineptitude along with the entire team and management as they find new ways to lose or win just enough to seem talented.

tumblr_mbdq0lyqx01ra90n2o1_500.jpg

#5 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,677 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

he's the LEADER OF THIS FRANCHISE, rightfully things just fall on him! THEY SHOULD! Has the D been giving up 4 and 5 td's, noooo, romo sure does give up 3-4 int's! Sheesh

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#6 coogiguy03

coogiguy03

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • 26,677 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

Dimples is awesome according to his fans. He deserves a contract extension and guess what, we'll all pay for it by shelling out more for parking, merchandise and at the concession stand. Then we can cheer on his ineptitude along with the entire team and management as they find new ways to lose or win just enough to seem talented.

So glad that the fans starting to boo romo it's about time

95xox.jpgvia

Imgflip Meme Maker

#7 RAYMONT17

RAYMONT17

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Romo is killling this team... if this team had a normal QB that protected the ball and didn't bot dog on 3rd and 1 with the game on the line they would be 5-1.

#8 Deathevokation

Deathevokation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

Yeah Dimples said, "I would have booed us too" except that he doesn't care what we think cause he's already got his millions for being super average and he'll get a contract extension too. Go Cowgirls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 teczun

teczun

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

I know it's hard to admit but, it's true he does. There's a reason Orton's sitting on our bench as opposed to starting on his previous NFL team auditions.

#10 boutteman

boutteman

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,799 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe area, NV

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

And even with Romo's bad play, I would still believe this team would have a 5-2 record if they had a true 1st round prime time clutch receiver that did basic stuff like run the right routes and catch the ball, not to mention making 3rd down conversion catches, running out of bounds to save time, making the right reads, not fumbling punt returns, catching 2-point conversions or TD passes.

#11 Mike133

Mike133

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

this may be my first post on here but i been following this forum for about 8 years...im sick n tired of ppl bashing romo for everything...on the first int dez lacked break out of his route he slowed down..on the 2nd INT austin saw exactly where the ball was going n made a half hearted effort to catch it or knock it away...the 3rd pick u gotta give JPP effort for reading it n making a great play...n the 4th INT romo ran for his life he tried making a play n if it wasnt for a great read by stevie brown who btw killed us all day he woulda hit witten for a first down..either way it was 4th down witch the play calling was bad....romo played great n made ammends for the bad 1st quarter he had...him n the defense kept us in this game even wit the picks that happened..we lost by a dam pinkie n u cant blame dez for that or romo alot of recievers do that but it just goes unnoticied because it wasnt the game winning touchdown wit 10 sec left

#12 endersdragon

endersdragon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Romo gives us the best chance to make the playoffs (If he can return to 2011 form) or get a top 10 pick (if he stays with this years form); Orton gives us the best chance to go 7-9 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs for sure. Romo seems like a better bet either way to me.

#13 Dr. Terry

Dr. Terry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I have been hearing for the past few years that Romo is still America's QB because he gives The Boyz "The Best Chance To Win."

Guess what?

He is still giving the ball away like Halloween candy and making the same bonehead mistakes he has been making since he became the starter, and The Boyz are still not close to winning.

Time to cut bait.

I agree as many others do.
romo is a bust and was undrafted for a reason.

#14 Deathevokation

Deathevokation

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Romo gives us the best chance to be average, get into the playoffs and lose, or generally find ways to lose games in new exhilerating ways. He will get a contract extension cause in our HUGE market, where we can build a stadium that will engulf pyrimids, and get perpetual attention in the press; being subpar to average is almost as good as making the playoffs and winning the Superbowl. Controversy just brings us more hype and sales. JJ laughs all the way to the bank and we get to complain like idiots in the forum as we buy overpriced Cowboys merchandise and stale beer at the games.

#15 Pass Rush

Pass Rush

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,243 posts
  • LocationMissing in Action

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Guess what?

Time to cut bait.

I wouldn't say no chance. Hell he did get it under control and scored 24 unanswered points in the second half amassing 437 yards and 2 TDs. I think the was the reason we even had a shot in the end. I'm not defending his picks by any means, however w/o Tony, we don't get back into position to win it. Orton ain't throwing for 437 yards... just don't see it.

photo.jpg

Refined simplicity.

#16 Cowboys68

Cowboys68

Novice User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

if we're going to rebuild we need to commit to doing so properly and get a 1st round QB in the draft that's good.

I'm still behind Romo, but only barely unless he starts making better decisions.

#17 The Bold

The Bold

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Parity and over paid 2nd tier WR's made it hard for Romo to get it done

These guys are the SB champs by the way

Any of Tree's or Miles or Dez' drops change this game

#18 diehardblues

diehardblues

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,862 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Guess what?

Time to cut bait.

He giveth and he taketh away. We live and die with Tony or we go as Romo goes.
It appeared though we defintely had a chance to win even after spotting them a 23 point lead.

It was like we won, then we didn't. It's more about the team than just Romo but it would fun to see what a more elite QB might do. But I'd like to see better RB, WR's OL, etc too.

Too many mistakes is the definition of this team. Double digit negative turnovers for the season will keep us out of the playoffs when otherwise we can hang with the best in NFL which is actually encouraging with so much lack of talent. I'd have to credit good coaching maximising what we have and a QB that never gives up.

hHQfeZD.jpg

It's Greg. I changed my screen name.

#19 Great_One

Great_One

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • LocationNorth Bethesda

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

100% agreed. But those problems absolutely include Romo. There are many things that need to change, he is just one of those things, imho.

#20 Windowdressing

Windowdressing

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

this may be my first post on here but i been following this forum for about 8 years...im sick n tired of ppl bashing romo for everything...on the first int dez lacked break out of his route he slowed down..on the 2nd INT austin saw exactly where the ball was going n made a half hearted effort to catch it or knock it away...the 3rd pick u gotta give JPP effort for reading it n making a great play...n the 4th INT romo ran for his life he tried making a play n if it wasnt for a great read by stevie brown who btw killed us all day he woulda hit witten for a first down..either way it was 4th down witch the play calling was bad....romo played great n made ammends for the bad 1st quarter he had...him n the defense kept us in this game even wit the picks that happened..we lost by a dam pinkie n u cant blame dez for that or romo alot of recievers do that but it just goes unnoticied because it wasnt the game winning touchdown wit 10 sec left

You know you're totally right....except that you forgot to mention these plays:

1. under throwing a WIDE OPEN DEZ Bryant who had to wait on the ball and if he didn't would of probably scored a TD
2. missed a wide open Miles Austin going up the sideline and probably would of scored.
3. Throwing behind Jason Witten who made a GREAT catch to keep the drive going.
4. Throwing a DEEP ball to Ogletree who had a GIANTS defender all over him.
5. OVER THROWING EVERYONE on 4th down not even giving a WR a chance to make a play.
6. NOT CHANGING THE PLAY (as he seem to always do) when 3 STRAIGHT PASS PLAYS are coming in INSTEAD of getting the FIRST DOWN!!

I KNOW, ROMO is not the main reason the Cowboys are losing (see Jason Garrett) but come on man, he can't throw the deep ball and hit a WR IN STRIDE for a score. HE seems to always under throw or throw behind receivers.

Like Bill P. has always said, "You are what your record says you are." Romo is a average QB playing for a HIGH PROFILE" Team. He went to a Mid-major college, wasn't drafted, and has some talent that has allowed him to make some money an the NFL.
He has only WON one playoff game and usually doesn't come up BIG in BIG GAMES. Yes, he has 14 comeback victories but I wonder who the opponents were? Romo has talent around him. Tony probably is a smart guy but he can't be RIGHT all of the time. NOT EVERY WR that has played with him can be that STUPID, and if they are why are they playing? ALL of the GREAT QBs have won with different Wrs almost ever year: BRADY, FAVRE, BIG Ben, Eli.... so that's not an excuse.