On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 12, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

Join Mickey, Bryan, and Rowan as they breakdown all of the latest Cowboys news.

• Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Wed., Nov. 13, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Thu., Nov. 14, 2013 4:45PM - 5:20PM CST Live On Air With DC Star Magazine Join Josh Ellis and Jeff Sullivan for an in-depth look into Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 10:15AM - 10:40AM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Fri., Nov. 15, 2013 2:30PM - 3:30PM CST Live Fantasy Friday Join Rowan Kavner and Ed Cahill as they talk Fantasy Football.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 11:45AM - 12:25PM CST Live Jason Garrett Press Conference Jason Garrett speaks to the media during his daily press conference LIVE from Valley Ranch.
  • Tue., Nov. 19, 2013 1:00PM - 2:00PM CST Live Talkin' Cowboys

• Wed., Nov. 20, 2013 9:00AM - 10:00AM CST Live Cowboys Break Join Derek, Nick, and Ed for all of the latest Cowboys news and analysis.

Photo

Jerry Doesn't Really Want to Win That Bad

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#21 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 28,995 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Even the most ardent Cowboys fans are losing faith in Jerry as a GM. I didn't start not believing in him until 09. I tried to keep the faith, but the facts simply were adding up to Jerry not being a good GM.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#22 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Al Davis 2.0

#23 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Al Davis 2.0

Except that Al made it to another super bowl in the last 16 years while Jerry has won only one playoff game. Guess that makes Jerry worse than Al.

#24 acr731

acr731

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts
  • LocationTEXAS!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Even the most ardent Cowboys fans are losing faith in Jerry as a GM. I didn't start not believing in him until 09. I tried to keep the faith, but the facts simply were adding up to Jerry not being a good GM.

Geez, KSK, it took you long enough. Jerry has been screwing things up for far longer than just the last 3 seasons.

#25 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Fans do not benefit from the value of the team. Win lose or draw I along with the rest of us get zero income from Jerrah. The only thing I ask of Jerrah is that he puts Dallas in the best possible situation to win. By being the GM he does not do this. But hey, if someone likes the circus this is what we have now.

PT Barnum is our GM.

1675w5e.jpg

#26 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 28,995 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Geez, KSK, it took you long enough. Jerry has been screwing things up for far longer than just the last 3 seasons.

Yes, he has, but I am a Cowboys fan for life and I am an optimistic person. That he has gotten someone like me to this point screams incompetence. I don't know if you were around before that, but I was pretty much an optimistic homer before 09. Defended Jerry and his moves. I didn't understand any of his 08 picks, to tell the truth, but at that point I just believed they knew better. Then came the 09 clusterfudge draft. Trading down when we obviously needed some quality OL's, and then taking non contributors. That draft simply did not make sense. And worse.

My doctor told me to start killing people.   Well, not  in those exact words.   He said I had to reduce the stress in my life.    Same thing, really. 

#27 CowGirl79

CowGirl79

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Papa J ego > anything else

#28 winring7

winring7

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Keep the faith KSK, we are in good shape going forward may not be this year, but look at the improvements the team has made in last couple of years, This is now a very young inexperience team, and will be inconsistent for awhile. Probably, another couple of years before we are serious contenders

#29 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 28,995 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Keep the faith KSK, we are in good shape going forward may not be this year, but look at the improvements the team has made in last couple of years, This is now a very young inexperience team, and will be inconsistent for awhile. Probably, another couple of years before we are serious contenders

I always have faith, and always will. However, that doesn't mean I will refuse to admit weaknesses and screwups to myself. At present, we are 3 OL's and a nasty DL away from contending, maybe a ballhawking FS. This could actually be done in one year, but to do this, the mgmt would first have to understand it. Not sure they're capable.

#30 radicalcowboyfan

radicalcowboyfan

Draftee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationLone Star State

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

I don't know Jerry Jones, never met him. Truthfully I don't have any desire to meet him which is good because I'm sure I'd never have the opportunity anyway. lol But I've known people who know him and have heard people talk who do know him. All of them will tell you the same thing. Jerry Jones wants to win and wants to win badly. His flaw they all say is that he wants to win his way. He owns the team and he wants to be GM so he is. Unfortunately as long as he owns the Cowboys it will probably not change. Last year all he talked about was the Cowboys being in the Super Bowl. I think he really believed they would be and I doubt anyone was more surprised than he was when it didn't happen. He believes his own hype. He believes he is a football guy and no one is ever going to convince him that he isn't. Jerry is a money guy not a football guy. If he was ever going to learn how to be football guy he would have learned it by now. I sometimes wonder how he ever made enough money to buy the franchise in the first place unless he is able to objectively evaluate people who work for him and is just completely blind to his own failings. I seriously doubt that if he had a GM and the Cowboys hadn't been successful, that he would have given them 17 years to improve before he fired them. Yes, it's obvious to practically everyone else on the planet that Jerry should fire himself as GM but I just don't think that is going to happen. At least not as long as the Cowboy brand remains intact and people keep buying tickets, going to games, and watching on television. Maybe if it every started hurting the bottom line he would get the message. Until then I doubt it.
“If ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ were candy and nuts, wouldn’t it be a merry Christmas?” ~ Don Meredith

#31 ThomasJ

ThomasJ

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Like most owners it is almost always about the money, especially Jerry Jones. Winning to him I feel is just a bonus.

#32 gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,452 posts
  • LocationPadded Bacon Cell

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Jerry wants to win

#33 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Jerry wants to win

Wants to win at marketing or football games?

1675w5e.jpg

#34 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

If winning the Super Bowl is the measure of a good GM, then there have only been about 10 good GMs in the NFL in the last 20 or so years.

I don't disagree with that...but Jerry isn't one of the successful ones either. And the unsuccessful ones got canned. That's how it works in pro sports! Winning is everything.

1675w5e.jpg

#35 1Cowboysdude

1Cowboysdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,161 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

How long does a GM have realistically to put the "right ingredients" together to be a winner? Is 17 years enough?

Apparently not ... LOL

#36 dallasGOON

dallasGOON

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

It's bad. It's real bad.

These Cowboys aren't even hitting the law of averages. These days, you can just be pretty good and get a couple breaks and find yourself in a title game. I mean, look who's been to title games in the last 15 years. Rams, Falcons, Eagles, Giants, Vikings, SF, Green Bay, Tampa, Saints, Bears. I mean, we're running out of NFC teams, here. Most of these teams have been twice or more. Panthers have been to one. Hell, the Cards have made a Super Bowl. Seattle. S***, guys!! I'm getting more and more p****d as I type this.

Let's do this the easy way. Here's who HASN'T been to an NFC title game since at least '97: Dallas, Detroit, Washington. This is BU*****T!!!! This isn't a 5-year experiment that hasn't 'worked out'. We're the brink of two freaking DECADES of incompetence and futility. This ain't even funny. Look at the list of teams that's been somewhere since the last time we have.

I don't know how you locals do it. I really don't. This team NEEDS to be boycotted. I live 900 miles away. I can't do it. If I lived in Dallas I would be in front of the stadium every game, holding up a sign.

Jerry treats this team like it's a damn toy, like he's a kid who had a bad childhood and is now acting out due to his lack of an enjoying fulfilling youth. Hell, my childhood wasn't perfect. You don't see me acting out selfishly at the inconvenience of hundreds of thousands, just to prove some silly point that no one cares about. If he manages....MAAAAANAGES, to finally claw out a way to win a championship 'his way', it's going to be more about HOW LONG IT TOOK HIM more so than the feat itself. It'd be like trying to climb Mount Everest 26 times before reaching the top. The story's not going to be that you reached the summit, but that it took you 26 TRIES to do it.

This whole thing is a complete farce. A complere charade.The same man who admits he'd fired anyone else at GM if they only had 1 playoff win in 16 years, yet he won't fire his own damn self. Who does that!! WHO......DOES.....THAT!?!?!!

4710c4269704789.jpg

#37 kskboys

kskboys

Ring of Honor

• Moderators
  • 28,995 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

It's bad. It's real bad.

These Cowboys aren't even hitting the law of averages. These days, you can just be pretty good and get a couple breaks and find yourself in a title game. I mean, look who's been to title games in the last 15 years. Rams, Falcons, Eagles, Giants, Vikings, SF, Green Bay, Tampa, Saints, Bears. I mean, we're running out of NFC teams, here. Most of these teams have been twice or more. Panthers have been to one. Hell, the Cards have made a Super Bowl. Seattle. S***, guys!! I'm getting more and more p****d as I type this.

Let's do this the easy way. Here's who HASN'T been to an NFC title game since at least '97: Dallas, Detroit, Washington. This is BU*****T!!!! This isn't a 5-year experiment that hasn't 'worked out'. We're the brink of two freaking DECADES of incompetence and futility. This ain't even funny. Look at the list of teams that's been somewhere since the last time we have.

I don't know how you locals do it. I really don't. This team NEEDS to be boycotted. I live 900 miles away. I can't do it. If I lived in Dallas I would be in front of the stadium every game, holding up a sign.

Jerry treats this team like it's a damn toy, like he's a kid who had a bad childhood and is now acting out due to his lack of an enjoying fulfilling youth. Hell, my childhood wasn't perfect. You don't see me acting out selfishly at the inconvenience of hundreds of thousands, just to prove some silly point that no one cares about. If he manages....MAAAAANAGES, to finally claw out a way to win a championship 'his way', it's going to be more about HOW LONG IT TOOK HIM more so than the feat itself. It'd be like trying to climb Mount Everest 26 times before reaching the top. The story's not going to be that you reached the summit, but that it took you 26 TRIES to do it.

This whole thing is a complete farce. A complere charade.The same man who admits he'd fired anyone else at GM if they only had 1 playoff win in 16 years, yet he won't fire his own damn self. Who does that!! WHO......DOES.....THAT!?!?!!

Sadly accurate.

#38 Buttermaker

Buttermaker

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Wants to win at marketing or football games?

The one that has the most camera time.

#39 Bobhaze

Bobhaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, Tx.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Jerry wants to win

Jerry who?

1675w5e.jpg