• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#1 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

This will be the ongoing thread for Rankings talk throughout the 2016 college football season.

Yes, rankings shouldn't technically come out until October, but then TV admins wouldn't be able to market b/s matchups and obtain ridiculous advertising profits.

And yes, there will be substantial changes to the first week rankings given what was witnessed by many over-hyped programs.

Preseason Rankings

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Oklahoma

4. Florida State

5. LSU

6. Ohio State

7. Michigan

8. Stanford

9. Tennessee

10. Notre Dame

11. Ole Miss

12. Michigan State

13. TCU

14. Washington

15. Houston

16. UCLA

17. Iowa

18. Georgia

19. Louisville

20. Southern California

21. Oklahoma State

22. North Carolina

23. Baylor

24. Oregon

25. Florida

• karmaisabeautifulthing likes this

#2 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,698 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:59 PM

New top 5 prediction:

1. Bama

2.  FSU - if they beat ole miss

3.  Clemson

4.  Michigan

5.   OSU

Out of the top 10:  OU,  LSU, Tennessee

Significant moves up:

UGA:  I think they swap spots with TN

Houston:  They gotta be in the top 10

Ole miss could jump to 5 or 6 if they beat FSU

Texas should be top 15 if they beat ND

#3 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:09 AM

Week 2 Rankings

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. FSU

4. OSU

5. Michigan

6. UofH

7. Stanford

8. Washington

9. Georgia

10. Wisconsin

11. Texas

12. MSU

13. Louisville

14. OU

15. TCU

16. Iowa

17. Tennessee

18. NotreDame

19. OleMiss

20. TxAM

21. LSU

22. OkSt

23. Baylor

24. Oregon

25. Miami

#4 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:28 AM

Media continued to portray too much worth attached to LSU.
- They should not have been ranked in the top 10 at the start of the season.
- And no way should Wisconsin jump to the 10th spot just b/c of BARELY winning against a putrid LSU QB coached by a numskull.
- LSU should not be ranked at all.... I don't see how they can be if they refuse to change anything about their process = all the talent in the world ain't gonna stop them from collecting 4-5 loses this year playing that crap style of football (Auburn should be ranked instead of them).
- What a waste of the easiest/best set-up schedule LSU has had in the past decade.

#5 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

IMO we are ranked too high at this point.

Michigan is clearly a team on the way back and has the right guy at the top.

And we looked impressive in week 1 also but should have.  Hawai'i is terrible.

I'm sold long term on where we are going but I'm still not sold on us as a true top 5 team this year.

I don't have enough confidence in our QB at this point and I still want to see our LB cover a team with more speed.

if they can do that then I reserve the right to change my mind.  And I also know that Harbaugh coached teams get better week by week throughout the season so Speight could turn into a real solid QB as Coach Harbaugh works with him week by week.

But right now?  Us in the top 5?  Not sure about that.

Also, Sparty is ranked way too high.  They are a pretty average football team.

jim-harbaugh-booger.jpg

Jim Harbaugh is a nose picking, booger eating, overrated piece of crap.

#FireHarbaugh  

#6 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,698 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

Media continued to portray too much worth attached to LSU.
- They should not have been ranked in the top 10 at the start of the season.
- And no way should Wisconsin jump to the 10th spot just b/c of BARELY winning against a putrid LSU QB coached by a numskull.
- LSU should not be ranked at all.... I don't see how they can be if they refuse to change anything about their process = all the talent in the world ain't gonna stop them from collecting 4-5 loses this year playing that crap style of football (Auburn should be ranked instead of them).
- What a waste of the easiest/best set-up schedule LSU has had in the past decade.

They need a QB.  Thats the problem.  Les is a defensive guy.  He needs to hire soomeone who can recruit a decent QB into the program.   

#7 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

Just hand the trophy over to the Buckeyes already. :D

#8 jordanjssr

jordanjssr

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:23 AM

Well one week doesn't tell you everything. Even Alabama didn't impress this Alabama fan because of the way USC just quit. Won't know them till the Ole Miss game.

You really can't be a judge of a team until they play 3 quality opponents. Of course that excludes Houston and the Big ten since they don't play 3 quality opponents. :ph34r:

Speaking of Houston, it is criminal to put them that high when we don't know what Oklahoma is yet. People are already saying Houston only has to beat Cincinnati to go undefeated. There are many schools in the country could pull off the daily double of Oklahoma/Cincinnati.

As far as the LSU ranking goes. I think some of the insiders were pushing the LSU national championship talk. If Les pulls it off, well great. If he doesn't it makes it easier to justify his firing this season. I have to think LSU already has the next head coach in mind. If LSU can beat Auburn, then Les might be able to fight off the mob....for a month. More than likely, Les will need a win over Alabama this year.

• C42 likes this
Football was killed by the shield.

#9 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

Lesticles & the offensive coaching staff should be fired just based on what happened against JackSt.

How the hell did they ever come away with the determination that Brandon Harris should be the starting QB (let alone even rostered on the team) after seeing the polarizing difference between him and Danny Etling?!?  Not too mention the freshman, Justin McMillan, easily looking more qualified in the position with the work he got late in the 4th quarter.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the year, Lesticles needs to be put 'miles' away from the bayou and, like you said before jordan, they need to put a blank sheet of paper in front of Tom Herman.

#10 jordanjssr

jordanjssr

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:51 PM

Lesticles & the offensive coaching staff should be fired just based on what happened against JackSt.

How the hell did they ever come away with the determination that Brandon Harris should be the starting QB (let alone even rostered on the team) after seeing the polarizing difference between him and Danny Etling?!?  Not too mention the freshman, Justin McMillan, easily looking more qualified in the position with the work he got late in the 4th quarter.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the year, Lesticles needs to be put 'miles' away from the bayou and, like you said before jordan, they need to put a blank sheet of paper in front of Tom Herman.

They better hurry up with Herman. He is looking like the real thing. He might have enough leverage to get his choice of jobs already. I think they have to give him another loss before going back channel. Someone has to have his agent on speed dial. If he gets Houston into final four, his agent will probably ask LSU for $10 million a year

#11 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:35 AM

Week 3 Rankings

1. Alabama

2. FSU

3. OSU

4. Michigan

5. Clemson

6. UofH

7. Stanford

8. Washington

9. Wisconsin

10. Lville

11. Texas

12. MSU

13. Iowa

14. OU

15. Tennessee

16.Georgia

17. TxAM

18. NotreDame

19. OleMiss

20. LSU

21. Baylor

22. Oregon

23. Florida

24. Arkansas

25. Miami

#12 atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,698 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

Bama,  OSU,  Houston,  Clemsom in the final 4.   I hate putting Houston there but I don't see a loss on their schedule.

#13 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,736 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

Bama should easily win the SEC this year. I'm not sure about Clemson right now. FSU and UL look better right now. The Big 10 winner should get in. Houston and UL could be a shootout so they aren't a lock yet.

• C42 likes this

9tn384.jpg

#14 C42

C42

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:26 PM

Bama should easily win the SEC this year. I'm not sure about Clemson right now. FSU and UL look better right now. The Big 10 winner should get in. Houston and UL could be a shootout so they aren't a lock yet.

I wish OSU played in an easy conference like the SEC. :P

#15 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:46 AM

I wish OSU played in an easy conference like the SEC. :P

and everybody wishes they were in the Big12  :D

• C42 likes this

#16 jordanjssr

jordanjssr

Professional Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:10 PM

and everybody wishes they were in the Big12  :D

until the big 12 folds

#17 cowboyfan927

cowboyfan927

Pro-Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:04 PM

Bama,  Michigan OSU,  Houston,  Clemsom in the final 4.   I hate putting Houston there but I don't see a loss on their schedule.

edited for accuracy sake.   :D

Ok seriously, I think we're still a year away.

That could change if they improve week to week as much as they did last year, we'll see.  Coach Harbaugh has a way of getting the absolute best out of his players.

People are down on Clemson right now but honestly if Michigan played Clemson right now I think we'd get beat by 10-14 points.

Our defense isn't near as good as needs to be right now if you can spread us out.

Another reason I'm glad we don't play the Suckeyes until the end of the year.

Gives us time to improve.  Right now, we need it.

jim-harbaugh-booger.jpg

Jim Harbaugh is a nose picking, booger eating, overrated piece of crap.

#FireHarbaugh  

#18 uvaballa

uvaballa

Ring of Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,736 posts
  • LocationTHE DMV

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:13 PM

Anyone who thinks Houston is an automatic hasn't watched UL play. If their QB stays healthy they can play with most teams.

Edit: I'd like to recant Bama wins SEC easy.

9tn384.jpg

#19 Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:27 PM

Any shot we'll be ranked this week? (NDSU). We were 32nd in voting a few years ago at the end of the season, almost made history as the only FCS team to be ranked in the top 25.

#20 boutteman

boutteman

• Moderators
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationSummerlin, NV

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:14 PM

The only positive thing I have to say about LSU so far this year: the unis they are wearing against MissSt are pretty sweet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users